Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 12

I am heading to Sweden this week, partly out of nostalgia for some film work I did there in the early seventies, but mostly because I believe Elfsborg, who are joint top of the Swedish league and have a 12-2-0 home record, will beat Atvidabergs FF who are lower mid-table and leak goals like I leak after the Norwich beer festival.

Good luck, god bless, and bon voyage.

After a BIG mistake last week, going for Celtic after a hard midweek euro tie, I think I''ll play safe and go for Barcelona to win against  Celta Vigo

I think Spurs vs Wigan --- Home win for me please.With odds of 4/9 it should add a little value if we were to go with it. [:)]Good luck all.

After a disastrous couple of weeks, I''m off to the FA Cup first round - Doncaster v Bradford Park Avenue - HOME win please. 

Doncaster ought to have enough about them to see off Bradford PA......my own current PUPs form resembles QPRs, so I''m in need of a positive result myself!!  That said, I''d be happier if the final six come in!!

Good luck all

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

I am heading to Sweden this week, partly out of nostalgia for some film work I did there in the early seventies

[/quote]

I think I''ve seen that particular film.

Were you playing the part of ''Droopy'' ?

[:O][:$][:P]

Good luck Tilly and I really hope Yankee is safe and well [:)]My pick is Cheltenham to beat Yate in f a cup (never heard of em)[:$]

I''m going to risk another trip to Estonia, even though they let me down a few weeks ago, and Kalju vs Tammeka.
Home win for table topping JK Nõmme Kalju against lowly Tammeka.
Good luck Tilly and everyone

My pick this week is (only because it''s Tilly):

Met Police vs CRAWLEY

Away win.

The Old Bill are hopeless. They haven''t beaten anyone since they killed that poor bloke watching that demonstration.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

My pick this week is (only because it''s Tilly):

Met Police vs CRAWLEY

Away win.

The Old Bill are hopeless. They haven''t beaten anyone since they killed that poor bloke watching that demonstration.

[/quote]

Let''s hope ex Old Bill fare a bit better.

It''s been a good week for the reserves so let''s hope it continues with Tilly tomrrow.......Huddersfield (3-1-2-8-7) seem to be hitting form whilst Bristol City (1-1-4-6-10) can''t seem to buy a win.Huddersfield v Bristol City.......Home win.Good luck Plod! [Y]  [:D]

Although i''ve never been ''talented'' enough to star in any Swedish films I''m still going to follow

Bor and go for an Elfsborg win. They are currently 2/9 to win with BET365 whilst Atvidaberg are at 10/1

and the draw at 9/2.

Good luck Tili and all PUPs

MC

League One leaders Tranmere to beat Braintree.To think, Craig Fleming''s Lowestoft were one game game away from having the cameras down at Crown Meadow...

We are one of the fortunate ones and a short time ago our power was restored. Thanks to all for your good wishes and, because there are quite a few things to do today, I will not respond to anyone individually that has sent me personal messages but simply give a brief summary on here of what we experienced.

On Monday afternoon between 4 and 5 p.m the wind started to blow fairly hard. In the part of New Jersey where I live we have a lot of trees, some as high as 50 feet tall, and many too close to the house for comfort. Over the next hour or so the wind put quite a bend on those trees, with the occasional period where the trees would go back to their normal position. As the next hour or two passed, the wind pressure became more sustained and the trees were seeing little relief. We lost power at 6 p.m. At that stage I was thinking if it was like this now then what would be happening the next day, which is what we were all expecting to be the worst day. As darkness took full hold, the wind became sustained and sounded, in my area, like a constant roaring sound that did not cease for several hours. I tried to sleep but it was sporadic at best. I should say that I have experienced hurricanes previously that were greater in intensity and, although I would not have put Sandy in that class, somehow many of us were fearful simply because of the size of the storm. Tuesday morning arrived with significantly less wind and some considerable rain. When you have no power there is no communication. The cell phones were not working ( we found out later that the cell towers were knocked out in many areas ). Therefore, we were not only unaware of what had happened elsewhere, but also didn''t know what to expect next. By lunchtime some of the neighbours and I ventured out to see what each of us had experienced in damage and see if anyone knew what had occurred elsewhere or what was yet to come. One man had come in that morning from out of town and had learned somewhat of the extent of the damage elsewhere, both on the coast and inland. He said it was fairly certain that many could be without power for some considerable time because there were trees down on power cables throughout the state. However, the great news that he shared was that we had seen the worst of the storm through the night. Although there were many trees and overhead power lines down on our street and throughout the neigbourhood, and shingles torn off rooftops there were no houses that had extensive damage. We were all grateful that the wind arrived before ant significant rain. If it had been the reverse the damage would have been more severe in our area. In my case, I came out of it  better than most. Thanks once again to all for your concern.

Now, with that, on to the serious business at hand, and may I say thank you Mr. Tilson for stepping in with this weeks selections and good to you and all PUPS. I will keep my selection separate as the normal simple one liner.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Come on Pups keep them coming 24 different picks from 34 of you so far.[Y][/quote]

I was surprised that no-one had picked Shakhtar Donetsk, until this afternoon I saw there were no odds available. Well, if anyone still contemplating wants to make TIL 1010''s choice even harder, there are now odds on Bet 365...[:P]

Evening All and good luck to everyone including my favourite ex-copper [I don''t know many!] Tilly.

My pick will be Doncaster to beat Bradford PA and my Mear Kat would like a Barcelona home win over Celta Vigo.

Many thanks.

Good luck this week Mr. Tilson, I''m sticking in England where I expect:Aldershot to beat HendonGood luck to everyone!

Spurs to beat Wigan for me.Good luck all - and glad all us canaries are sae ok

Fleetwood to see off Bromley in the FA Cup this weekend.Good luck Tilly (not only the forum police, but evidently the fashion police too...) and even though I know we will never ever hear the end of it if you win, that''s a price I am willing to pay.

It was a toss up between Cheltenham and Partick Thistle for me. 

But after reading the manager''s thoughts about the respective games I am left in no doubt about where I am going to go this week.  From the Cheltenham manager''s comments I got the impression that they would make some changes.  However having read the comments from Partick''s manager [URL=http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2012-2013/fixtures_results/0311_cover/preview]Here![/URL], they come across as a lot more positive. 

It''s a game they are desperate to win and a competition they are desperate to win.  They will field a strong side and they have a very good home record.  Not forgetting they have already reached one cup final this season!

Partick Thistle vs Cove Rangers - Home win

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck Tilly[:)][Y]

[quote user="Herman "]

EINTRACHT BRAUNSCHWEIG       V                sandhausen               HOME WIN

Good luck Yankee and hopefully all is well over your side[Y]

[/quote]

Second time i''ve done this.It was played tonight so no help to Til.So i will go with SHAKHTAR  DONETSK     HOME WIN.

Terrible odds,but it might be of help.GOOD LUCK.

I''ve rescued Beauseant''s pick from our facebook page. He''s gone for TNS to beat Afan Lido in the Welsh Prem.

Robin also sent all his love to Tilly and a lot of other messages which as far as I could make out amount to a promise to be his clothes twin if he wins....

[:S]