Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

New kit...like it or not???

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="cityangel"]I really like it but wouldn''t buy one with AVIVA on it after they got involved with that club down the road.[/quote]Yeah, but they gave us a very generous sponsorship deal, much larger than Flybe were paying despite the club heading downhill. Much rather have Aviva on the shirt than Digital Phone or whatever mickey mouse company it was a few years ago.[/quote]Plus, they''ve relieved their sponsorship for various charities, provided us with "the big shirt", and handed out various freebies, including the ''boom boom sticks'' and AVIVA scarves, amongst other things and events i imagine.Admittedly not neccessarily quite ''massive'' things in themselves, but they seem more dedicated to making an effort in helping the cause and developing an affiliation with the fans than the likes of Flybe.

What does it mean by subtle double stripes woven into the fabric... is it like 2 different shades of yellow ie when we had mitre and the mitre logo was in the material all over but can only see it close up??

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]It''s alright, it''s not that much different from the one''s we already have, we won''t be buying it, it''s that stupid skinny fit again too.[/quote]Oh dear WAY, have you been missing training again? [;)][/quote]

Lapps I can''t slim my boobs, they are big because they are big hahahaha

[/quote]

You can''t say that to Lappin, he won''t sleep for a week [:)]

[quote user="Hes not the messiah"]CA your soooo right, cancelled my insurance with Norwich Union (will always be) after that![/quote]

I did the same, they lost out car and home insurance [:D]

Just saw it on Anglia news and it really does look nice. Delia looking good too.[:P]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="cityangel"]I really like it but wouldn''t buy one with AVIVA on it after they got involved with that club down the road.[/quote]Yeah, but they gave us a very generous sponsorship deal, much larger than Flybe were paying despite the club heading downhill. Much rather have Aviva on the shirt than Digital Phone or whatever mickey mouse company it was a few years ago.[/quote]

True but I can''t forgive AVIVA for bailing them out a few years ago long before they decided to help us out.

[/quote]I refuse to buy an Avulva one too, but not just because of the above - I worked for them for five and a half years, and despite having a few good laughs, making a lot of good mates and getting a decent amount of work and life experience, they''re still a blood-sucking, soul-sapping corporate pig bloating themselves at the trough.  Met far too many business sell-outs there, too happy to twist the facts to their own agenda to make themselves and quicker and bigger buck.  Nothing different from any large corporation, of course, but would still rather not be associated with it as a choice.Incidentally, some years ago whilst still suckling at the pig''s teat, I asked their corporate affairs people why Norwich Union was pointedly distancing itself from Norwich City.  They responded by stating that not only did they believe that such a large company sponsoring NCFC would alienate those areas of the business they had bought over the years that didn''t originate in Norwich (CGU, etc), but they also didn''t consider the average football fan to be within their target market and certainly not the type of person they wanted to be associated with.That caused something of a minor uproar on the company''s intraweb, but they remained determined that they wanted nothing to do with football or its fans and that they much preferred to associate themselves with the nice, upper class athletics fans.Anyway, back on topic, the kit looks okay... little bright, or is that just my PC?

[quote user="Captain Holt"]What is the fit like? Flybe-esque or like the current one?[/quote]

Seen it on Anglia and it''s not a tight fit,but also not as huge as this seasons kit,nice stripe through it and the green on the front around the shoulders is also on the back along with another Aviva sign,looked very nice,glad i ordered it!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]What is the fit like? Flybe-esque or like the current one?[/quote]

Seen it on Anglia and it''s not a tight fit,but also not as huge as this seasons kit,nice stripe through it and the green on the front around the shoulders is also on the back along with another Aviva sign,looked very nice,glad i ordered it!

[/quote]

So is it definitely not fitted like the flybe shirt? I bought the medium Aviva (current) shirt and it is like a bloody tent! Very disappointed, can''t remember the last time it was worn!

Video of an interview with Delia, includes some footage of the new kit....[link]http://www.itv.com/anglia/delia-smith-interview20324/[/link]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]It''s alright, it''s not that much different from the one''s we already have, we won''t be buying it, it''s that stupid skinny fit again too.[/quote]Oh dear WAY, have you been missing training again? [;)][/quote]

Lapps I can''t slim my boobs, they are big because they are big hahahaha

[/quote]

You can''t say that to Lappin, he won''t sleep for a week [:)]

[/quote]

Hahahaha but it''s true, or should that be tits true [:D]

I quite like it. [:)] Looks good, but not sure if I''ll get it as it is only for a year. [:S] Money making fools. [:(]

I like it, could have got a lot worse.

I never get the kit, when ever I wear it, we lose so go ''naked''.

Is it definately only for a year?  If so then it''s an absolute rip off!!!  40 pound for that rubbish for just one season!!!

By the way my thoughts on the shirt is that it''s absolutely rubbish!  I will stick to my 59 cup run shirt!

Could I just point out to everyone that just because we are only having this kit for a year, it doesn''t mean you can''t wear it for as long as you like...

It''s a bit conservative. I get the impression that the design team simply boot up Pro Evolution Soccer, switch to the kit editor, and pick a template at random.Anyhow, the last City home kit I actually liked was designed by that Gary/Mike/whatever Oldfield bloke. Even if it was made out of old tea-towels.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Brendo "]I quite like it. [:)] Looks good, but not sure if I''ll get it as it is only for a year. [:S] Money making fools. [:(][/quote]

Bit of an oxymoron.

[/quote]Didn''t realise I was a money making fool? [^o)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Brendo "]I quite like it. [:)] Looks good, but not sure if I''ll get it as it is only for a year. [:S] Money making fools. [:(][/quote]

Bit of an oxymoron.

[/quote]Didn''t realise I was a money making fool? [^o)][/quote]Do you know what an oxymoron is Brendan?I like the new kit actually, I haven''t bought one since 2003 so it''s probably about time I bought another one.

Yet another total disgrace as far as I''m concerned - not because of the colours, design or even manufacturer, but simply due to the fact that anyone of an above average size can''t buy a shirt to support the team - at least not if they actually want to wear it...I''ve checked with the majority of other manufacturers, and many happily go up to 54" and beyond - Adidas/Chelsea even offer 8XL shirts, yet the best we can offer is a 48" max from our fabulous choice. It was bad enough squeezing into a 5XL "Flybe Fitted" monstrosity, but the fact I can''t even buy a shirt now is beyond a joke.How about actually seeing what potential demand for more ''outsizes'' is, instead of just thinking "**** you" to those of us of bigger build?The sooner we get rid of this Mickey Mouse manufacturer, and get someone who provides good quality kits in a good range of sizes the better.We''ve had racism, sexism, ageism and now we''re getting sizeism.I guess us chunky fans are lesser class citizens as far as this club is concerned...