Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

New kit...like it or not???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Yet another total disgrace as far as I''m concerned - not because of the colours, design or even manufacturer, but simply due to the fact that anyone of an above average size can''t buy a shirt to support the team - at least not if they actually want to wear it...I''ve checked with the majority of other manufacturers, and many happily go up to 54" and beyond - Adidas/Chelsea even offer 8XL shirts, yet the best we can offer is a 48" max from our fabulous choice. It was bad enough squeezing into a 5XL "Flybe Fitted" monstrosity, but the fact I can''t even buy a shirt now is beyond a joke.How about actually seeing what potential demand for more ''outsizes'' is, instead of just thinking "**** you" to those of us of bigger build?The sooner we get rid of this Mickey Mouse manufacturer, and get someone who provides good quality kits in a good range of sizes the better.We''ve had racism, sexism, ageism and now we''re getting sizeism.I guess us chunky fans are lesser class citizens as far as this club is concerned...[/quote]Well personally I prefer to see the kit fitted.  I don''t want a tent which is what has happened with the current kit because it''s just too baggy.  It works both ways Indy.

hmmm there is an  obviouse response but im going to hold my tounge about the irony of sport shirts for the over weight.......

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Yet another total disgrace as far as I''m concerned - not because of the colours, design or even manufacturer, but simply due to the fact that anyone of an above average size can''t buy a shirt to support the team - at least not if they actually want to wear it...

I''ve checked with the majority of other manufacturers, and many happily go up to 54" and beyond - Adidas/Chelsea even offer 8XL shirts, yet the best we can offer is a 48" max from our fabulous choice. It was bad enough squeezing into a 5XL "Flybe Fitted" monstrosity, but the fact I can''t even buy a shirt now is beyond a joke.

How about actually seeing what potential demand for more ''outsizes'' is, instead of just thinking "**** you" to those of us of bigger build?

The sooner we get rid of this Mickey Mouse manufacturer, and get someone who provides good quality kits in a good range of sizes the better.

We''ve had racism, sexism, ageism and now we''re getting sizeism.

I guess us chunky fans are lesser class citizens as far as this club is concerned...
[/quote]

Shut up fatty[:#]

It''s not even just the ''fitted'' part, but simply the fact that I need a 52-54" chest, and the largest shirt on offer is 48", so regardless of fit - I can''t buy one.It''s far easier to buy a smaller shirt to get a tighter fit, than it is to simply get a shirt that does fit in the first place.They go as low as 24" - when the UK average is 38-42", which gives a 14" lower difference compared to the average, yet only a 6" higher. If that difference was applied equally, I''d have the shirt that fits, and you could pick up a nice tight 24" top and we''d both be happy, instead 1 of us will be, and the other can''t even get a shirt.Thanks for that...

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/gobefatelsewher99.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]It''s not even just the ''fitted'' part, but simply the fact that I need a 52-54" chest, and the largest shirt on offer is 48", so regardless of fit - I can''t buy one.It''s far easier to buy a smaller shirt to get a tighter fit, than it is to simply get a shirt that does fit in the first place.They go as low as 24" - when the UK average is 38-42", which gives a 14" lower difference compared to the average, yet only a 6" higher. If that difference was applied equally, I''d have the shirt that fits, and you could pick up a nice tight 24" top and we''d both be happy, instead 1 of us will be, and the other can''t even get a shirt.Thanks for that...[/quote]It''s not just about getting smaller top, because the length wouldn''t be right would it.

5XL..... oh dear.

On top of the health risks you now have yet another reason to loose abit, maybe now is the time to put on a pair of footie boots!

On a side note for all those making ''fat'' jibes, or suggesting diets, how about going up to Schwarzenegger in his heydey and calling him fat with his 57" chest...Tall, well built people need bigger sizes than shorter, more slight individuals.I however can''t claim to have a chest like Arnie''s, and probably could do with losing a few pounds, but that shouldn''t mean that I can''t support my team, just because someone can''t be arsed to offer a couple of larger sizes, when shedloads of other clubs do.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if this has already been posted but the club are certainly marketing this well already had a club email showing me how to order[/quote]

Me too [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a side note for all those making ''fat'' jibes, or suggesting diets, how about going up to Schwarzenegger in his heydey and calling him fat with his 57" chest...

Tall, well built people need bigger sizes than shorter, more slight individuals.

I however can''t claim to have a chest like Arnie''s, and probably could do with losing a few pounds, but that shouldn''t mean that I can''t support my team, just because someone can''t be arsed to offer a couple of larger sizes, when shedloads of other clubs do.
[/quote]

Buy two shirts and stitch them together[:^)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Yet another total disgrace as far as I''m concerned - not because of the colours, design or even manufacturer, but simply due to the fact that anyone of an above average size can''t buy a shirt to support the team - at least not if they actually want to wear it...I''ve checked with the majority of other manufacturers, and many happily go up to 54" and beyond - Adidas/Chelsea even offer 8XL shirts, yet the best we can offer is a 48" max from our fabulous choice. It was bad enough squeezing into a 5XL "Flybe Fitted" monstrosity, but the fact I can''t even buy a shirt now is beyond a joke.How about actually seeing what potential demand for more ''outsizes'' is, instead of just thinking "**** you" to those of us of bigger build?The sooner we get rid of this Mickey Mouse manufacturer, and get someone who provides good quality kits in a good range of sizes the better.We''ve had racism, sexism, ageism and now we''re getting sizeism.I guess us chunky fans are lesser class citizens as far as this club is concerned...[/quote]

chill lard arse it aint meant to look cool

[quote user="cross eyed chris"]chill lard arse it aint meant to look cool[/quote]Nice to see people being so polite...As for looking cool, actually fitting would be better.........

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a side note for all those making ''fat'' jibes, or suggesting diets, how about going up to Schwarzenegger in his heydey and calling him fat with his 57" chest...

Tall, well built people need bigger sizes than shorter, more slight individuals.

I however can''t claim to have a chest like Arnie''s, and probably could do with losing a few pounds, but that shouldn''t mean that I can''t support my team, just because someone can''t be arsed to offer a couple of larger sizes, when shedloads of other clubs do.
[/quote]

Teams like Chelsea have a much widerno pun intended) audience for the shirts, thats prob why adidas make them in a bigger size as they sell so many more shirts than a team like Norwich, unfortunate but there you have it.

You may need to stitch a couple of logos on, but this might do you nicely...[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/117vhaf.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Sorry if this has already been posted but the club are certainly marketing this well already had a club email showing me how to order[/quote]

Me too [:D]

[/quote]

I just hope the other 8 odd thousand fans who are on the Club e-mail database do not reply on here!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="cross eyed chris"]chill lard arse it aint meant to look cool[/quote]Nice to see people being so polite...

As for looking cool, actually fitting would be better.........
[/quote]

BTW Indy, I am just having a laugh.  I am 6ft 5", and have a 50 odd inch chest (a lot bigger than 48), so there is no way I will be getting a shirt either[:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]BTW Indy, I am just having a laugh.  I am 6ft 5", and have a 50 odd inch chest (a lot bigger than 48), so there is no way I will be getting a shirt either[:)][/quote]Only 6ft 3" myself, so you have the height edge on me... :)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="cross eyed chris"]chill lard arse it aint meant to look cool[/quote]Nice to see people being so polite...

As for looking cool, actually fitting would be better.........
[/quote]

BTW Indy, I am just having a laugh.  I am 6ft 5", and have a 50 odd inch chest (a lot bigger than 48), so there is no way I will be getting a shirt either[:)]

[/quote]

me to just gonna start turning up naked painted yellow and green

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a side note for all those making ''fat'' jibes, or suggesting diets, how about going up to Schwarzenegger in his heydey and calling him fat with his 57" chest...Tall, well built people need bigger sizes than shorter, more slight individuals.I however can''t claim to have a chest like Arnie''s, and probably could do with losing a few pounds, but that shouldn''t mean that I can''t support my team, just because someone can''t be arsed to offer a couple of larger sizes, when shedloads of other clubs do.[/quote]Try buying a scarf.........last time I looked they come in  ''one-size-fits all ''.

Indy your chest is even bigger than my Mrs and she''s 7 months pregnant!

Having said that I too have moobs and would just about fit in the biggest size. I agree that in the current day 48" isnt particularly big - but try buying a cheap suit from Tesco or Primark - you wont get one of those to fit either. Guess we''re either going to have to diet or stick to the old shirt

I need to lose weight myself - it''s my resolution for this year, not going to reveal how many xl''s I am on here. The xl''s account for all of my body, which seems to keep the women happy if you catch my drift[;)]