Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

New kit...like it or not???

I am conflicted.

The first thing I thought when I saw the shirt on the O/S was ''thats got to be a training shirt''. First impressions were not good- the altered yellow is good but where is the green? I thought the general feeling was that the current one was too bland, so Xara decided to make it blanderer? The green bits you could see seemed a bit nothingy again.

Way home from college I decided I wouldnt get it, then saw the proper kit displayed as on Pinkun. It looks quite tidy, has a bit of a modern-ness about it- those green parts down by the sides I thought were particularly nice. However, as nice as it starts to look you soon start noticing the piddly green designs at the side of the chest- did last year''s collar melt and sort of drape itself down the shirt?

For me, it has the potential to grow on me- the last flybe one we had did eventually and this has a similar feel to when I first saw that, but right now it''s not for me. Green goalkeeper shirt on the cheap instead [:)]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Anyone in a new home shirt over the age of 15 is just embarrassing

[/quote]

not all of us are beer bellys Big Slob.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Anyone in a new home shirt over the age of 15 is just embarrassing

[/quote]

not all of us are beer bellys Big Slob.

[quote user="canarytom"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]initial thought on the new home kit?  I quite like it![/quote]

Very similar to the one you brought me for Christmas! Perhaps you should apply for the graphic designers job

[/quote]I dont think they could afford me until they get to the premiership

Way too similar to the current one for me. As someone else said, it looks more like a warm up top than a shirt.

Ultimately, though, all I really care about is what goes in it!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Way too similar to the current one for me. As someone else said, it looks more like a warm up top than a shirt.

Ultimately, though, all I really care about is what goes in it!

[/quote]

Perv [:P]

I don''t think it looks anything like the current one and I like the look of it, ordered mine already.

Isn''t it weird how we all turn into a hybrid of Armani/Versace/George of Asda as soon as a new kit appears (me included!) ... guess the reality is, who cares as long as those wearing it continue to give us something to smile about!

One thing that has pleased me (probably been said already) is how the reversion to the original yellow removes any confusion between'' proper'' green and yellow, and the green and ''gold'' currently being strangely used by the Mancs in their Glazer protest! 

Thats''s all from me ... doesn''t feel right getting hung up on cuts, styles and shades!!

OTBC

Better than the current one although I don''t like those green armpit slivers. Better Yellow though. I don''t like it when we go too orangy.

I like the look of it, big plus definitely being the fact its now made of decent wickable material.Wearing a lot of the older tops on a sunny day is like wearing a plastic bag.

Having seen the pink''un picture, I like the new design. Nice to have the real yellow back which I think will look good from the stands.

It has a better look for casual wearing in the summer months and well done the club for producing it in time to take advantage of that marketing opportunity.

Yes looks good but not to different for the present one, thank god my offspring are too old to be crazing me for new kits which is the whole reason for changing the kits every 2-3 seasons!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Yes looks good but not to different for the present one, thank god my offspring are too old to be crazing me for new kits which is the whole reason for changing the kits every 2-3 seasons![/quote]

From the I meant!

This forum needs to allow users to edit their sent posts!

[quote user="King Korey"]anyone have any pics of it from the back? do we still have the little aviva logo on there..[/quote]

Read on site, that the logo is still on back, have made it smaller on junior shirts tho to allow more room for name and number printing.

I really like it but wouldn''t buy one with AVIVA on it after they got involved with that club down the road.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

What?! I''m 33 and have four kids i have already ordered my new kit because i am proud to wear the clubs colours and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus,this club really has some happy fans!

[/quote]

Damn, and there''s me a whipper snapper at 58 and just ordred mine as well, Should I cancell it? No cobblers I save them I have home and away shirts on hangers in the wardrobe, the earliest one I have is 1902-5.

[quote user="cityangel"]I really like it but wouldn''t buy one with AVIVA on it after they got involved with that club down the road.[/quote]Yeah, but they gave us a very generous sponsorship deal, much larger than Flybe were paying despite the club heading downhill. Much rather have Aviva on the shirt than Digital Phone or whatever mickey mouse company it was a few years ago.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="cityangel"]I really like it but wouldn''t buy one with AVIVA on it after they got involved with that club down the road.[/quote]

Yeah, but they gave us a very generous sponsorship deal, much larger than Flybe were paying despite the club heading downhill. Much rather have Aviva on the shirt than Digital Phone or whatever mickey mouse company it was a few years ago.
[/quote]

True but I can''t forgive AVIVA for bailing them out a few years ago long before they decided to help us out.

Have just compared it to the current one and there''s a few differences but nothing substantial. From a distance I doubt you could tell the difference so hardly going to get the tills rolling at the club shop! Bring back the bird s*** kit, I loved it (maybe cus we did so well in it!)