Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirteen of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Yellow Fever in charge and making the final selections. Yellow Fever has been a stalwart of the free bet pages since he joined us last season. He has a great sense of humour and made me smile a few weeks ago when I first published the rota for October. On seeing his name beside October 31st he immediately accepted the challenge with the hopes he wouldn’t put on a horror show! Now we’re all going to do our best to ensure there is no horror show on the free bet this Halloween. It’s the quality of our selections that will give Yellow Fever the chance to hit Billy for a monster payout. So don’t be afraid to give him your very best nap for his consideration.

Now I’m very proud of the money we raise for the clubs academy and I can tell you that whenever I bump into John Landamore or Richard Bland they are always keen to find out how we are doing and always have good things to say about Billy and all us PUPs. A few weeks ago a poster came onto the thread to draw attention to an article in the Academy Match Programme about us and how we raise the money. That programme is now available online at the FONCY website and if you’d like to read the good things they had to say follow the link below and check out “News and Views”

So I’ll hand the free bet over to Yellow Fever now. There’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Andy... the free bet is yours...................[:)]....

I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -
Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £755 for the Academy,so far.

Mwahahahahaha    [6]

[st][li][li]Velcome all PUPS to my Halloween veek selections, please join in, I can assure you that you vill all be entirely safe in my hands.

[st][li][li]

Mwahahahahaha   [6]

Annyyyway,

Many Many thanks Igor, sorry, I mean Nutty Nigel.

I can’t express what an honour it is to be chosen as this week’s picker. I had the privilege of meeting Ray on a couple of occasions so I hope I can do him & Nutty Nigel proud.

You can all be assured that each & every nap will be given my full attention.

Being an Accountant & a Virgo I have a spreadsheet all lined up ready to enter all the picks into. (How sad is that !)

My weekly pick is sometimes a bit weird & wonderful as I try to give the week’s final picker something extra to mull over. This has made my success rate 6 / 12 so my picking skills are obviously a bit out at the moment

However, I always told myself that if I was ever chosen as a picker, I would throw caution to the wind & have a little gamble on a selection or two to fleece the bookie (Sorry Billy [;)])

So, my plan is to pick the 4 or 5 most popular choices & then throw in a wild card or two to try & make a bit of money.

He who dares wins Rodney.

If it all ends in a glorious (or not so glorious) failure, then so be it.

After all, we’re Norwich City fans; we’re used to glorious failure.

I’ll be making my choices Friday afternoon & posting them around 5

So, come on boys & girls, let’s be avin ya.

p.s.    Mwahahahahaha  [6]

Good luck Yellow Fever and good evening Nutty.Hoping to coninue my winning streak of 12 out of 12 i have" bottled "it and chosen Real Madrid to win at home against Getafe.Never mind the odds a win is a win.

Lots of lovely pickings to be had this week in the Welsh Cup.

Cambrian & Clydach v THE NEW SAINTS - AWAY WIN should be a formality.

For anyone looking for sure things for their own lines this week, take a look at the Welsh Cup fixtures, its only round 3 and there''s loads of full time Welsh Premier teams playing part time lower league opposition.

Good Luck Yellow Fever!!

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

Happy Halloween to all PUPs, this week brings me to the Turkcell Süper Lig., where there are typically some perennial frontrunners, followed by everyone else. Harry Kewell''s Galatasary should have too much for the minnows from Sivas, who seem to be struggling to replicate their form from last year, which saw them claim some big scalps early on.So....Galatasary SK vs Sivasspor - home winGood luck Yellow Fever! [:D]

MIddlesborough will be too good for Plymouth this week.  I never usually bet on ''Boro but now Southgate has left I feel it''s a good option.

Portsmouth VS Wigan

I''ve taken a few risks over the past few weeks, and this week is no different for Yellow Fever (i remember this week [:D])

I''ve chosen the fixture that I will predict but whilst im typing out this waffle im trying to decided the outcome.

Ok...i''ve decided that im going to go for a.............

Wigan Win

Portsmouth Vs Wigan AWAY WIN!

good luck Yellow Fever hope you don''t get to many tricks on your way to a nice treat [;)] lame attempt at a halloween line but never mind!

Firstly Yellow fever can I say Ithink you have the right attitude yu have one chance and it''s a chance you should take as you say he who wins Rodney.

Having said that I am going for a pretty sure bet but it may just  be a bit of value.

Leyton Orient V  Southampton Away win

Without the 10 point deduction southampton would be just outside the playoffs and orient are struggling. For the first time i AM CONFIDENT IN MY SELECTION.

Witch ever selections you chose yellow may you not miss a trick and treat all us PUP''s to a night to remember.

Spook to you all next wek!!!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Firstly Yellow fever can I say Ithink you have the right attitude yOu have one chance and it''s a chance you should take as you say he who wins Rodney.

Having said that I am going for a pretty sure bet but it may just  be a bit of value.

Leyton Orient V  Southampton Away win

Without the 10 point deduction southampton would be just outside the playoffs and orient are struggling. For the first time i AM CONFIDENT IN MY SELECTION.

Witch ever selections you chose yellow may you not miss a trick and treat all us PUP''s to a night to remember.

Spook to you all next wek!!!

[/quote]

poor spell there in the 1st sentance [;)]

Not then ''TGD'' do you think your clever or what?? Adding in these little halloween words into your prediction post - well thats just genius!

Good luck Yellow Fever, should be a HELL of a week...sorry I''ll take my coat.Anyway, I fully expect Leeds to get back to winning ways this weekend so:Leeds to beat Yeovil.Good luck once again Yellow Fever, and all you PUP''s.

Another awfully difficult week, I''ve searched nearly all leagues across Europe and not one game stands out. I was tempted with ''playing it safe'' and going for Madrid ... but I''ve picked them 2 or 3 times already and surely they''ll let me down soon. So instead I''ve gone to Holland for my pick. Vitesse Arnhem have only managed one win away from home so far this season, and that was against the team 3rd from bottom, Roda JC.
They travel to PSV Eindhoven who are two points off top and have won all bar one (the first game of the season, which was a 3-3 draw) of their home games.

PSV Eindhoven V Vitesse Arnhem - Home win.

Sorry to be drab about this but..........

PSV v Vitesse Arnhem - Home win

It''s been picked by a couple of people already and the odds won''t be high but, it''s the only one to stand out for me this week.

Good luck Yellow Fever!

Muddy

Hello to all wizards and witches on this PUPs thread [6]

This week my pick takes me back to the German Bundesliga:

HAMBURG -v- Borussia Monchengladbach    HOME WIN

Hamburg have played 10 games so far and have yet to lose home or away, Borussia have also played 10 but have only won 2 games.

Good Luck to Yellow Fever and all the PUPs - lets hope our selected six score lots of "ghouls" for us this week!!  [;)][6]

Although I usually give the weeks picker something extra to think about, I think the eejit in charge this week will probably make a complete hash of it so needs all the help he can get.

So this week I''m going to go for a bit more obvious choice.

Man U - Blackburn - Home Win

Come on Andy, sort it out mate

Nutty Nigel - you have a PM

La Liga has been kind to me this season, so I''ll stay there and hopefully add some value with an away pick. I fancy Sevilla at Xerez, but I''m haunted by the conviction that Malaga v Valencia AWAY win will come up trumps.

Valencia are playing great football at present and poor old Malaga are rooted to the bottom with four points so don''t seem to have the ghost of a chance.

Good luck YF and all you lovely Pups![6]

My nap is Man Utd to beat Blackburn this week, with the illness spreading through the Blackburn camp I can''t imagine they''ve had the best preparation for a game at Old Trafford.

Good Luck Yellow Fever, it looks like a tough week.

OK, here''s one I wouldn''t usually go for as it''s an AWAY, but you wanted something to sink your fangs into.

I think Steve McLarens Twente are pretty much unbeatable at the moment, and against the lowly Roda they should be ok on the road.

So, my first AWAY nap of the season is FC TWENTE to win!

Good luck.

League 1 for me this weekend and...

(Dirty) Leeds v Yeovil - Home Win

Had a number of options this week but I just can''t see past this one.

Good luck YF, and of course all PUPs.