Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

DEMONSTRATION BEFORE SHEFF WED OPINION POLL

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Amazing how all the people calling for protests never attend matches !!     [:O]

[/quote]

But I do pal, just not all, like some.

Next!.[:D]

Amazing how all the people calling for protests never attend matches !!     [:O]

[/quote]

Yep amazing how those people who called this situation months/yeras ago isn''t it LAPPIN???

Not just a coincidence is it mate???

[quote user="Canary"]

Dicky,

I agree we need to get behind the players.

The Wolves game was a nightmare but this is one game and we need to give both the playes and Grant a chance

Canary

I must be living on planet zog then and the last 12 to18 months do not exist. It has been a bad dream and I''ve just woken up and we were never relegated from the Premiership . [/quote]

Absolutely no point in protesting. If we get to Christmas and are in the bottom third then fine, but we are a new team that needs to find its feet. Get behind the boys and stop expecting instant success.

[/quote]

Maybe we''ve got more sense than to throw good money after bad......

In the good old days prior to the present  "season ticket hostage scam" so cynically orchestrated by this bunch of bandits the fans would teach the club a lesson by staying away. Nowadays the ground is full of wannabees for whom the final result is largely immaterial....as long as they can tell their chums that "they were there".

I won''t protest because these new age fans don''t deserve that level of effort.....and time itself will sort this issue out anyway. Far better to have 14000 fans in the ground who want to be there rather than the 23000 currently who feel they mustn''t "miss out"..........

I know people who are planning to make there feelings known because the game is on sky. Before you say " what all 3 of you ", believe what you like if that makes you happy.

The fact we as supporters have let it get this far already doesnt sit well with me at all. PG is clearly out of depth and it seems the board have ran out of back up plans/excuses. Im not sure a protest would benifit us still although i think its highly likely to come soon. Id say wait at least till after the game on Sat and depending on performance. Maybe anougher away game to give the players one more chance to get it right and if nothing changes then i think it would be a better time to take action against the board. Personally i believe this is to little to late and we will now be a greatly supported team languishing in thelower leagues for the forseeable future. 3 Games Max, but i will support one now.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I know people who are planning to make there feelings known because the game is on sky. Before you say " what all 3 of you ", believe what you like if that makes you happy.[/quote]

Are you going to be protesting Arthur with the other 5 on here who''ve said yes?

Oh who''s organising it by the way and where is it going to be held cause it would be nice to come along and watch you all in action

Judging by the chants at the match last night your going to have a ruddy hard time at a demo.We''re still very much Delia''s Barmy Army.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I know people who are planning to make there feelings known because the game is on sky. Before you say " what all 3 of you ", believe what you like if that makes you happy.[/quote]

Are you going to be protesting Arthur with the other 5 on here who''ve said yes?

Oh who''s organising it by the way and where is it going to be held cause it would be nice to come along and watch you all in action

[/quote]

When and its a big WHEN you bother to notice there is a big world away from this site CA you might just realise that we are not actually in the minority any more. Read the press, talk to tom,dick and harry in the street. Very few have any confidence in the board so when the time comes,and im sure sooner rather thn later, your view on all things delia might come as a surprise.

Ps- Im going to Hungary this weekend so no,i wont be there.

If we have a word with Sky, we could probably make it an annual event.

They guarantee to bring the cameras. We guarantee to get on the new manager''s back. Maybe Delia will bounce on at half-time to give another drunken pep talk, while Stev Coppell can chat about ''Little Old Reading'' once the game has finished.

I remember hating Wolves six years ago for stuff like this.

Don''t get me wring, we desperately need to improve.

Does that have any chance on happening under an atmostphere like that against Burnley last season?

I say spend five hours at the pub before the game, and give the lads everything you have when you''re there. That way, you''ll have fulfilled your side of the bargain.

It''s then up to the players and management to fulfill theirs.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

When and its a big WHEN you bother to notice there is a big world away from this site CA you might just realise that we are not actually in the minority any more. Read the press, talk to tom,dick and harry in the street. Very few have any confidence in the board so when the time comes,and im sure sooner rather thn later, your view on all things delia might come as a surprise.

[/quote]Is that a scouting mission then arfur ?

No, I''m not happy and am worried that the 1st team are showing signs of discontent with Grant, but it''s too soon. Let''s not become like Wolves fans and reap what they''ve reaped over the years.

No - a demo is a ridiculous suggestion.

If there is a demonstration it should be against Canary Boy for starting this thread.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But I dont spend as much time on this site as you do Arthur, you''ve posted about 160 posts a month for the past 2 months, I''ve only averaged about 50 posts a month in the 4 years Ive been on here so you''re on here a lot more than me!

On what do you base you''re not in the minority anymore, have you done a poll of the 20,000 season ticket holder, still guess this demonstration/protest will tell us more.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Is that a scouting mission then arfur ?

[/quote]

hmm remember Tibor Tisza anyone!

What''s exacly do people think a demostration before the game will achieve exactly?

Will it make the bored buck up their ideas and change the way they run the club?

Will it make the bored pack their bags and leave the club so that someone else better can take over with imediant effect?

The answer to both those questions is NO! For god sake, that''s the last thing our team needs especially the youngsters that will be filling in for some of the first teamers that can''t play. Just get behind the team this saturday and do your bit to try keep the club from slipping further down the league.

I''m no longer attending games this season following what I saw at Wolves which sickened me beyond belief. But it''s waay too soon for protests, and even if a protest takes place, it MUST be aimed at board level rather than Grant who, whether you like him or not, has firmly had his wings clipped since day one.

Another big fat NO!   I also love it when someone speculates that there must be a falling out with PG and within days it is bandied about as fact!!

Its way too early to start protesting, there have been endless calls to use the younger players so lets give the team full vocal support and give them confidence.

If the negative people want a fact, here''s one - if you are moaned at non stop, whilst at work, it does affect your work/productivity irrespective of how much you earn. I can''t see how you can realistically argue with that.  Still don''t see it, then try whinging at your partner or  workmate over 90 minutes and see what affect it has and what their reaction is.

At the end of the day they''re only human, highly paid, yes, but still human.

OTBC

[quote user="London_Canary"]

What''s exacly do people think a demostration before the game will achieve exactly?

Will it make the bored buck up their ideas and change the way they run the club?

Will it make the bored pack their bags and leave the club so that someone else better can take over with imediant effect?

The answer to both those questions is NO! For god sake, that''s the last thing our team needs especially the youngsters that will be filling in for some of the first teamers that can''t play. Just get behind the team this saturday and do your bit to try keep the club from slipping further down the league.

[/quote]

Thats my point precisely, what good will protests or demonstrations do for the confidence of young Spilland or Jarvis.

Lets get behind them Saturday and raise the roof to help them to a victory.

I think the majority of this

thread is posters saying no. I know its not a true cross section of support but

its certainly no indication that the majority support a demo now is it. And we

get accused of having our heads in the sand!?

No protest – support the team,

we have only played 7 games FFS. The desruptive influences at this club seem

determined to undermine the efforts of the team and thoese disruptive

influeneces yet again at this club prove to be trouble making fans who don’t

even pitch up for the games. You are the ones responsible for the down fall of

this club!

No, no, no, no.

Get behind the players + Granty, not on their backs. All you fickle fans will be saying how great Grant is once we start winning a couple of games, mark my words.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="London_Canary"]

[/quote]

Thats my point precisely, what good will protests or demonstrations do for the confidence of young Spilland or Jarvis.

Lets get behind them Saturday and raise the roof to help them to a victory.

[/quote]

To be fair, it would probably achieve Norwich 1 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday.

Then we''d all be happy, right?