Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

DEMONSTRATION BEFORE SHEFF WED OPINION POLL

A demonstration now would see us struggling with relegation come the end of the season. Get behind the team. Fans who turn on NCFC during the tough times are going to do more damage under the title of ''the most loyal and knowledgable fans''. My Ar*e.

No.  Not yet, but time is running out should the poor performances and results continue. I''m hoping the board has made preparations for that eventuality.

Well...I''m going to turn my back on the television....AND have a different channel on!

Get real ladies....if you think this forum is a true cross section of opinion you are deluded. Those who will protest are the free thinking individuals in life who come to their own conclusions....irrespective. They won''t need a consensus of opinion to help make them stand up and be heard....they will just instinctively do it.

That''s where the flock mentality and the individual thinker differs. For me the "modern trendy" fan isn''t worth the effort and so will be relying on time to sort things out. After all....it''s not costing me a penny right now is it? Maybe I''d feel rather more strongly if I''d been snared by Delia''s season ticket scam though.........

NO

I  won''t be protesting, especially BEFORE(Doh!) a game.

I''ll be supporting my team.

Bought a season ticket again this year, as unlike recent years ...

• could just about afford it with working extra overtime
  • my current shift pattern means I can now go to most home games now
  • Love the vibe on match days (before the game at least [;)])
  • put my money where my mouth is - turn up & SUPPORT

I''m free thinking, and no prisoner to any season ticket conspiracy.

...JUST LOVE SUPPORTING MY TEAM

not being a sheep.

It''s my choice

OTBC

[quote user="Cluck "]Get real ladies....if you think this forum is a true cross section of opinion you are deluded. Those who will protest are the free thinking individuals in life who come to their own conclusions....irrespective. They won''t need a consensus of opinion to help make them stand up and be heard....they will just instinctively do it.

That''s where the flock mentality and the individual thinker differs. For me the "modern trendy" fan isn''t worth the effort and so will be relying on time to sort things out.

[/quote]If someone acts instinctively then it is not the outcome of individual free thinking.

Cluck, how do you get off on being so superior and patronising?

I''m not going to protest. Therefore, in your eyes, I am a "modern trendy fan" (yes, only been going since 1975, bloody glory hunter!), I am of the "flock mentality" (laughable!) whilst all you young anarchists -and yes, I think of you and your ilk and the image of Rik Mayall a''la ''The Young Ones'' comes to mind, oh-so-clever, oh-so-look-at-me, I know better etc etc, do you have an Anarchy T-Shirt, I wonder, Cluck?

How have I been "snared" by Delia''s season ticket scam? Explain please, if I need to take legal action against the woman, I need you to explain why, don''t worry, you can use big words and legal talk, I''ll understand!

Quite how you arrive at the conclusion "...if you think this forum is a true cross section of opinion you are deluded..." astonishes me! I had to read it twice, three times, to see if you had actually written that! Cluck, any number of persons makes up a "cross section", there could only be 2 posters on this board, it would still be a "cross section", thats what the term means-a selection of people, but not a whole! The problem is, you want it to be, quite literally, a "cross section" with everyone flying the Cluck flag and demanding change, but, if that was the case, then how would it reflect how people feel any more than it does now? Some people are demanding one thing, others another. You seem to want to praise those on your side but do nothing but criticise and belittle those that oppose your views, thats what Stalin did, is he one of your heroes?

Time and time again, up you pop, yet you never-ever propose what might be considered as a realistic option, how you would like the club to be taken forward, and how, crucially, you, Cluck, are going to be a part of it. You seem to be a follower, not a leader; you seem to be someone who doesn''t half talk the talk, but you won''t walk the walk, as you can''t be bothered to get out of your cosy chair to do so! You take great pride in not going to games-and rejoice in telling everyone, -as if they are bothered!-and now think you can shock and awe us all by saying you won''t even watch us on TV and that you''re going to switchover! This staggers me. You want this, you want that, you want the other, but you actually play no part in the proceedings, you remind me of the Italian Government in the last war, with the Nazi''s all the way, then, when the tide turned against them, they quickly changed their minds, opinions, and sides! Historically simplistic I know, but thats how I see you, a turncoat, waiting in the wings, doesn''t want to do anything, offer anything, contribute anything until his side is winning, then here he''ll be, "look at me, look at me, I''m on your side", amazing! But you won''t even say what that should be!

But you''re very happy to have a go at us that do go to games and that do own shares and have some sort of financial, as well as personal, interest in the club. Thats...well, I''m speechless.

And to the question of a protest-no. Those few that will go ahead, if you protest on Saturday and it leads, directly, to a change of regime, I''ll donate £250 to FONCY. Good luck! Yes cluck, an empty promise, but you know all about those, don''t you?

[quote]Those who will protest are the free thinking individuals in life who come to their own conclusions....irrespective.[/quote]

And those who won''t are also free thinking individuals who have come to the conclusion that to embarrass our club on national television for the second successive season would acheive little other than to make the supporters of our club look like a fickle bunch of banjo-playing buck-toothed inbreds who will wave a placquard up your nose if there''s half a chance of saying hello mum at the same time.

Sky do cover other teams that aren''t doing so well in their live broadcasts.  Very few of those teams have demonstrations for the cameras.  It''s not compulsory.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Well...I''m going to turn my back on the television....AND have a different channel on!

Get real ladies....if you think this forum is a true cross section of opinion you are deluded. Those who will protest are the free thinking individuals in life who come to their own conclusions....irrespective. They won''t need a consensus of opinion to help make them stand up and be heard....they will just instinctively do it.

That''s where the flock mentality and the individual thinker differs. For me the "modern trendy" fan isn''t worth the effort and so will be relying on time to sort things out. After all....it''s not costing me a penny right now is it? Maybe I''d feel rather more strongly if I''d been snared by Delia''s season ticket scam though.........

[/quote]

Just a though but if the majority thought that they should protest, then would they now be the flock and those few who decided not to protest would surely become the free thinking individuals, if the volume of opinion is to be used as an indicator as per your theory.

The most accurate cross section would not be this board, you are right. As you know, people tend not to speak up if they are happy but they are more inclined to voice their opinion if they are unhappy. So you will see a larger number of unhappy supporters on this board than is accurate. The best indicator of opinion would be to survey those who watch the game each Saturday, they have the best allround opinion on what is happening with our club.

I am not in favour of a demo just yet but i am of a boycott for a few matches. Although i dont share the view a demo would embarass the club, its already been done by a half cut Delia and her cringeworthy rant and the unbelievable spin that those at Carrow Rd expect us to swallow.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I''m not going to protest. Therefore, in your eyes, I am a "modern trendy fan" (yes, only been going since 1975, bloody glory hunter!), I am of the "flock mentality" (laughable!) whilst all you young anarchists -and yes, I think of you and your ilk and the image of Rik Mayall a''la ''The Young Ones'' comes to mind, oh-so-clever, oh-so-look-at-me, I know better etc etc, do you have an Anarchy T-Shirt, I wonder, Cluck?

How have I been "snared" by Delia''s season ticket scam? Explain please, if I need to take legal action against the woman, I need you to explain why, don''t worry, you can use big words and legal talk, I''ll understand!

Quite how you arrive at the conclusion "...if you think this forum is a true cross section of opinion you are deluded..." astonishes me! I had to read it twice, three times, to see if you had actually written that! Cluck, any number of persons makes up a "cross section", there could only be 2 posters on this board, it would still be a "cross section", thats what the term means-a selection of people, but not a whole! The problem is, you want it to be, quite literally, a "cross section" with everyone flying the Cluck flag and demanding change, but, if that was the case, then how would it reflect how people feel any more than it does now? Some people are demanding one thing, others another. You seem to want to praise those on your side but do nothing but criticise and belittle those that oppose your views, thats what Stalin did, is he one of your heroes?

Time and time again, up you pop, yet you never-ever propose what might be considered as a realistic option, how you would like the club to be taken forward, and how, crucially, you, Cluck, are going to be a part of it. You seem to be a follower, not a leader; you seem to be someone who doesn''t half talk the talk, but you won''t walk the walk, as you can''t be bothered to get out of your cosy chair to do so! You take great pride in not going to games-and rejoice in telling everyone, -as if they are bothered!-and now think you can shock and awe us all by saying you won''t even watch us on TV and that you''re going to switchover! This staggers me. You want this, you want that, you want the other, but you actually play no part in the proceedings, you remind me of the Italian Government in the last war, with the Nazi''s all the way, then, when the tide turned against them, they quickly changed their minds, opinions, and sides! Historically simplistic I know, but thats how I see you, a turncoat, waiting in the wings, doesn''t want to do anything, offer anything, contribute anything until his side is winning, then here he''ll be, "look at me, look at me, I''m on your side", amazing! But you won''t even say what that should be!

But you''re very happy to have a go at us that do go to games and that do own shares and have some sort of financial, as well as personal, interest in the club. Thats...well, I''m speechless.

And to the question of a protest-no. Those few that will go ahead, if you protest on Saturday and it leads, directly, to a change of regime, I''ll donate £250 to FONCY. Good luck! Yes cluck, an empty promise, but you know all about those, don''t you?

[/quote]

Well Old Shuck...I get a feeling you don''t like me very much do you?...and there''s me getting sexy looking at your avatar. However.....I''m sure you''ll like me/us alot more when those I/we oppose are back home in Stowmarket on matchdays....but then you''d never admit to that would you? You''d just turn up along with the rest of the sheep and enjoy the harvest others have sown for you.  Happens alot in life does that.

As for me coming up with all the answers?  Rather like asking a second dentist to put back the teeth a previous one had removed. Not my problem as I wouldn''t have let things get to this stage in the first place. Let those who caused the problem deal with it.....as my conscience is clear.

Done my way however we might well have had crappy burgers on sale around the ground....but the team on the pitch would be a damn sight better than it is today....as would the string of gormless managers employed by the Madonna.

It''s all about priorities......

Too soon Grant needs more time, think about it after the January player sale if there is a need to then.

Now if it was a demonstration againest NCPLC''s board Im your man!!!!!!!!

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

So remind me again who is heading this ''protest''? And where is it starting and at what time? [:|]

[/quote]

Smudger.. and its starting on Portman...oops.. i mean Riverside Road...

jas :)

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]A big fat no from me, far too soon to be thinking about such things. So which joker/moaner is going to try and organise it then, Canary Boy? [:P][/quote]

It''s interesting isn''t it how, at five pages in, neither Canary Boy nor anybody else for that matter has seen fit to answer my question.

Now there''s a surprise....

[quote user="Cluck "]

They won''t need a consensus of opinion to help make them stand up and be heard....they will just instinctively do it.

[/quote]If  this is so why is there an opinion poll about  whether or not to protest?

Cluck, I do not dislike you and would stand you a pint as I would any City fan!

I just want to argue with you, its healthy disagreement, not hatred, calm down man and lets keep the dialogue going-after all, the most important thing is something we have in common!

(I  know, its a bit of a pose re.the avatar, damnation!)

So thats only Canary Boy and Steve Burns attending the demonstration then so cmon you two stop lurking and tell us where its happening.

Although Arthur hints others will make their feelings known in front of the TV cameras so guess we''ll hear them loud and clear.

[quote]Cluck, I do not dislike you and would stand you a pint as I would any City fan![/quote]Hear that lads ?  A free pint !  For any city fan !Name your local Old Shuck, see you there !  Oh and bring a sack-full of beer tokens, we might need them after Saturday evening...

[quote user="cityangel"]

So thats only Canary Boy and Steve Burns attending the demonstration then so cmon you two stop lurking and tell us where its happening.

Although Arthur hints others will make their feelings known in front of the TV cameras so guess we''ll hear them loud and clear.

[/quote]

Ask people CA please, i think you will honestly find there are more people out there than you think. Its not the odd moaner or attention seeker anymore, its thousands of city fans with genuine concerns. I speak to the public everyday, be it from my buisness,pub,friends or other fans, the joe public,arm chair fans,and die hards are turning against the current board. Im not sure if you mingle in large circles [i dont mean to sound patronising, its a genuine answer] but surely if you did you would notice the discontent.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Ask people CA please, i think you will honestly find there are more people out there than you think. Its not the odd moaner or attention seeker anymore, its thousands of city fans with genuine concerns. I speak to the public everyday, be it from my buisness,pub,friends or other fans, the joe public,arm chair fans,and die hards are turning against the current board. Im not sure if you mingle in large circles [i dont mean to sound patronising, its a genuine answer] but surely if you did you would notice the discontent.

[/quote]

Well Said Arthur!!!

I will be hovering around Carrow Road on Saturday and praying that a nasty defeat provides the many thousands of disenchanted fans their opportunity to show their anger at those holding the club back.

If there are a few willing to have a little protest then I will maybe join them.

If a protest does not happen tomorrow then I can guarantee that it will only be a matter of weeks and another run of defeats away...  The city board of directors are like a startled rabbit caught in the headlights... it is only a matter of time before the sway of opinion that has risen against them over the last year or so eventually rolls over them and squashes them!!!

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Cluck "]

They won''t need a consensus of opinion to help make them stand up and be heard....they will just instinctively do it.

[/quote]

I dont give a monkeys hoot about whether anybody will protest or not... if I see fit to do so then I will do it.... quite simple really!!!

Maybe tomorow will be that day maybe it won''t be.... but it will for sure as hell come...

Like I have said for ages now... this boards days are well and truly numbered!!!

If  this is so why is there an opinion poll about  whether or not to protest?
[/quote]

What is the point of protesting now.We should wait until our postion becomes worse(hopefully it wont) but if it does i think there will be plenty of people willing to protest.My problem is i truly believe with the right manager these players could be winners so my protest would be against the manager more than the board

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t at any stage said that I don''t think there are thousands of peoples with genuine concerns Arthur, we all agree that the performances haven''t been good enough, what I''m saying is that I dont think that thousands or even hundreds of people will demonstrate before the game tomorrow as you have suggested.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Those who will protest are the free thinking individuals in life who come to their own conclusions....irrespective.[/quote]

And those who won''t are also free thinking individuals who have come to the conclusion that to embarrass our club on national television for the second successive season would acheive little other than to make the supporters of our club look like a fickle bunch of banjo-playing buck-toothed inbreds who will wave a placquard up your nose if there''s half a chance of saying hello mum at the same time.

Sky do cover other teams that aren''t doing so well in their live broadcasts.  Very few of those teams have demonstrations for the cameras.  It''s not compulsory.

[/quote]

Well you have certainly called the OVERLY POSITIVE BRIGADE amongst the Norwich Support right in your statement above BlahBlahBlah!!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

Well Old Shuck...I get a feeling you don''t like me very much do you?...and there''s me getting sexy looking at your avatar. However.....I''m sure you''ll like me/us alot more when those I/we oppose are back home in Stowmarket on matchdays....but then you''d never admit to that would you? You''d just turn up along with the rest of the sheep and enjoy the harvest others have sown for you.  Happens alot in life does that.

As for me coming up with all the answers?  Rather like asking a second dentist to put back the teeth a previous one had removed. Not my problem as I wouldn''t have let things get to this stage in the first place. Let those who caused the problem deal with it.....as my conscience is clear.

Done my way however we might well have had crappy burgers on sale around the ground....but the team on the pitch would be a damn sight better than it is today....as would the string of gormless managers employed by the Madonna.

It''s all about priorities......

[/quote]

Chuckle Cluckle!!!  [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t at any stage said that I don''t think there are thousands of peoples with genuine concerns Arthur, we all agree that the performances haven''t been good enough, what I''m saying is that I dont think that thousands or even hundreds of people will demonstrate before the game tomorrow as you have suggested.

[/quote]

You are probably right CA... and therein lies NCFC''s major problem!!!