Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

DEMONSTRATION BEFORE SHEFF WED OPINION POLL

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

So thats only Canary Boy and Steve Burns attending the demonstration then so cmon you two stop lurking and tell us where its happening.

Although Arthur hints others will make their feelings known in front of the TV cameras so guess we''ll hear them loud and clear.

[/quote]

Ask people CA please, i think you will honestly find there are more people out there than you think. Its not the odd moaner or attention seeker anymore, its thousands of city fans with genuine concerns. I speak to the public everyday, be it from my buisness,pub,friends or other fans, the joe public,arm chair fans,and die hards are turning against the current board. Im not sure if you mingle in large circles [i dont mean to sound patronising, its a genuine answer] but surely if you did you would notice the discontent.

[/quote]

Have you considered that they know you''re a moaning old git and you''re being patronised?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

So thats only Canary Boy and Steve Burns attending the demonstration then so cmon you two stop lurking and tell us where its happening.

Although Arthur hints others will make their feelings known in front of the TV cameras so guess we''ll hear them loud and clear.

[/quote]

Ask people CA please, i think you will honestly find there are more people out there than you think. Its not the odd moaner or attention seeker anymore, its thousands of city fans with genuine concerns. I speak to the public everyday, be it from my buisness,pub,friends or other fans, the joe public,arm chair fans,and die hards are turning against the current board. Im not sure if you mingle in large circles [i dont mean to sound patronising, its a genuine answer] but surely if you did you would notice the discontent.

[/quote]

Have you considered that they know you''re a moaning old git and you''re being patronised?

[/quote]

Another classic case of the web team allowing personal insults against me. Never mind ive got used to it. The user polls section on the demonstration vote would suggest that nearly half of voters will demonstrate.

Have you ever considered i moan for a reason and i only joined this forum when i had, had finally enough of our crap board? Why dont you think i joined before? Because i was happy plodding along like the rest of you, i then had a gutful and started voicing my problems more publicly. Maybe it will take another 5 seasons of crap before posters like yourself get your head out of the sand and join the real world.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Another classic case of the web team allowing personal insults against me. Never mind ive got used to it. The user polls section on the demonstration vote would suggest that nearly half of voters will demonstrate.

Have you ever considered i moan for a reason and i only joined this forum when i had, had finally enough of our crap board? Why dont you think i joined before? Because i was happy plodding along like the rest of you, i then had a gutful and started voicing my problems more publicly. Maybe it will take another 5 seasons of crap before posters like yourself get your head out of the sand and join the real world.

[/quote]

Very well said Arthur!!! [:D]

trouble is thats its just not in our nature, we are far to polite, if it had been happening at Newcastle the Geordies would all go totally nuts!

[quote user="lobster catcher"]What is the point of protesting now.We should wait until our postion becomes worse(hopefully it wont) but if it does i think there will be plenty of people willing to protest.My problem is i truly believe with the right manager these players could be winners so my protest would be against the manager more than the board[/quote]

Lobby....This is pretty much what was said about ousting Worthington too early during our Premiership humiliation. Had we done so before things got so bad, maybe we would have held our own. We''ll never know of course...but the outcome couldn''t have been any worse than by sticking to NW.

I see a similar scenario with Grant.  He has signed some appalling players and when he gets them out on the pitch...plays them out of position. He also publicly humiliates them...favours his donkeys above youngsters...is tactically inept....and has a poor rapport with the fans.

By delaying the decision this time....we won''t just fall out of the Prem.with parachute payments to keep Delia in knicker elastic...we''ll be down in League One along with the deadbeats and won''t be back for a long long time.

Are you prepared to take that risk?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

The user polls section on the demonstration vote would suggest that nearly half of voters will demonstrate. [/quote]

But only 47 voted Arthur so that doesnt tell you anything does it other than 18 people maybe prepared to demonstrate which means that maybe 6 of them will turn up.

If you feel so strongly about doing something more publically why dont you organise a protest or attend the AGM to make your point to the board ??

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Cluck, I do not dislike you and would stand you a pint as I would any City fan![/quote]

Hear that lads ?  A free pint !  For any city fan !

Name your local Old Shuck, see you there !  Oh and bring a sack-full of beer tokens, we might need them after Saturday evening...
[/quote]

Oops! In my defence, my Saturday evening local is usually "The Lifeboat" in Thornham, so...well, its a bit out of the way for most of you, isn''t it-please??!

Seriously, as before, don''t have a personal thing against any of the posters on here that I debate and try to offer fiery answers to, its all good fun and we all support City at the end of the day, so.....

otbc!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

The user polls section on the demonstration vote would suggest that nearly half of voters will demonstrate. [/quote]

But only 47 voted Arthur so that doesnt tell you anything does it other than 18 people maybe prepared to demonstrate which means that maybe 6 of them will turn up.

If you feel so strongly about doing something more publically why dont you organise a protest or attend the AGM to make your point to the board ??

[/quote]

No, what it shows is 18 out of every 47 have had enough. I know it would take the club closing before you spoke out against the club but from what i hear down the pub, and through work is there are a hell of a lot of people pissed off with the club. Dont you read the letters in the evening news? The minority is slowly becoming the majority just like the chase days.

No, way to early for anything like that!

46 game League season and we aren''t into October just yet!

A bit of a fashion craze after the infamous ''Worty out'' campaign which I was a part of going to the St Andrews Hall meeting and taking part in demos outside the City stand including after the Burnley game where Worthy finally got the push!

Difference with Worthy was that he stayed a year to long which is why the protests were completely justified. Grant has made mistakes (which anyone would of done) but hes also done some good things like getting rid of most of the deadwood and bringing in players who want to play for the shirt ( selling Etuhu for a highly overinflated price and replacing him with Russell who over the course of a season I believe will be better than Etuhu is a good example). When he came in last season in very difficult circumstances I don''t believe any other manager would of done any different. Unless things completely collapse this season and we are in struggling at the wrong end of table come January/February then Grant needs the whole of this season to see if he can realise our massive potential.

Believe me noone is more pi**ed of than me about Norwich Citys continued underachieving. I''m glad I missed out on Wolves last week but I was pissed of at Charlton with the team formation cause although I believe Charlton are one of the best teams in the Division, they wern''t that great and we could of  got a result there if we''d of went there in an attacking mode and played our best team.

Huckerbys comments last weekend were completely true but whether it was wise to go public with them is debatable. But hes been one of the weak players this season, playing nowhere near his brilliant best. Spillane has to play on Saturday if Grant has any sense

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

No, what it shows is 18 out of every 47 have had enough. I know it would take the club closing before you spoke out against the club but from what i hear down the pub, and through work is there are a hell of a lot of people pissed off with the club. Dont you read the letters in the evening news? The minority is slowly becoming the majority just like the chase days.

[/quote]

So are you actually going to answer CA''s reasonable question then (similar to mine on pages 1 and 6 of this thread), or is this another case of Arthur Prattle strikes again?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]trouble is thats its just not in our nature, we are far to polite, if it had been happening at Newcastle the Geordies would all go totally nuts![/quote]

If Newcastle were in the wrong half of the CCC, and having the season that we are currently having, then I think they would perhaps feel a little more justified to demonstrate, given the size, history, wealth and reputation of the club, compared to us!

Still, I''m one of the "sheep" (baa baa) so what do I know?

Can only assume that, if 80% of Norwich fans do "see the light" and all start protesting en-masse, won''t they then all be the sheep?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It shouws that 18 out of every 47 people who care enough to vote are in favour of protest. (not even a majority of these)94 people voted about which ex-city player they want to fail most (and the poll didn''t include andy marshall).so about half these people abstained from you vote. - that would put less than 25% of the people in favour of protests. (absainers from a vote are even less likely to turn out)

[quote user="Shyster"]I know you would never protest anyway, Mark, but if you ever did please don''t dress as a fairy. [:D][;)][/quote]

LMFAO!![:D][:D][:D]

Don''t worry Shyster, I wouldn''t dress as an angel neither [A] [6] [;)] [:D]