Sign in to follow this  
Master J-Do Pur

Who are you?

[quote user="All in yellow"]Wes, 27. I run Alco-Call, late night booze delivery in Norwich...[/quote]Lol, are you serious? Like Pizza delivery? Genius! Alcohol for the needy, any time, day or night!!  As for me, Andy, 31, have ball and chain, a2canary being incubated, due next Jan. Definately not responsible enough to be bringing new life into the world. Lets hope something changes in the next few months!Work for a local authority in the Cambs area.

Gazza is a girl really, quite an elderly one at 48.  She lives in the city (in the shadow of FCR, no really she does); and has two grown up children who are both great city fans too.  She can cook anything Delia has ever drempt up (Cluck loves my homemade apple pies)...and has a city supporting golden retriever called Nelson (he''s NOT a Londoner Cluck)..

She''s also loved the club for a long, long time - standing on River End terraces since she was 9 years old....works when she has to and is partial to chocolate and red wine in copious quantities..

Jason, 25, Rusholme, Manchester.  Student at MMU studying the Geographical Sciences with the aim of one day saving the planet, reaping the rewards and, naturally, getting the girl.. Though I prefer to do my Superhero thing without a cape and tights... yes, that''s right... Nekkid!!!

Recently exiled from internet due to moving house... on library t''interweb at this minute and haven''t got long so I''ll be brief and post one "catch-all" post on here:

Bye bye Earnie, no real surprise but shame about the low get-out clause... Oh, and bye bye Colin too, I was probably one of your few fans!

Hello to Cureton, Brellier, Marshall, Gilks, Otsemobor and (possibly) Dave Striker (my new favourite made-up player name).

Hello also to any posters I frequently chat/joust with, it''s a chore not having internet access and I''ve found that I actually miss this place more than I thought I would... [:(]

Anyways, am sorting internet at home soon so will hopefully be back terrorising you all sooner rather than later! [:D]

Byes for now!

If your now in rusholme it may help to know that the barman in the whitworth (on the park between rusholme and uni) is a binner.  nice pub and good for banter.

I live in Bedfordshire now,  (still a long haul to every home game) moved from sunny london about 2 weeks ago, where I have been for 11 or so years on and off. Have been a supporter since 1987. I was a member on this board right from the start, but somehow it would recognise it so I had to rejoin in 2004. But I hardly post on here as I''m lazy but I do read it everyday.

I''m a retired chef but have to work now as a P=@!"£man in London, don''t all hate me now, have to pay the bills somehow, least I''m not a taxman.

Bigge...

Another Sixth-former here. Go to East Norfolk and in first year (well nearly finished first year). Live in gorleston.

I live in Bradford and have a season ticket next year at Valley Parade... therefore I have the delight of watching Peter Thorne get injured for my local club this year.

I am also a massive Canary fan and have named my first son "Iwan Robert James" in recognition of my toothless hero.

Hi, my name is Martin, mid thirties unfortunately. I spent too long at university (Huddersfield, Loughborough and Florida) and don''t get paid as much as I think I should considering all my toil and graft in academia. How I wish i''d have learnt a proper trade like plumbing rather than synthetic organic chemistry, i''d get paid more. But at least i have the kudos for my qualifications, although nowadays it would be easier and cheaper to buy them online! i''d proably get my PhD for less than £100.Interests include, sport, music, guinea pigs, beer, whisky, photography and ladies bottoms (and the rest of them sometimes)! Now I feel like I have just introduced myself at an AA meeting, no I don''t mean the car breakdown people.

Im 17 years old and currently a student at Paston College. In September Im off to sunny Bouremouth University, to study a degree in Sports Coaching. So who knows maybe one day i''ll be coaching the Norwich stars of the future! :)

Good to see an encouraging responce to this topic.

Trevor, 47. I moved from Norwich 20 years ago and now live 45 miles south of The Fine City'' deep in the rotten, decaying heart of scummer-land. In comparison to you other posters, I''m thick!

I''m Jonesy, 30 years young & live in Dereham with my girlfriend & 4 month old son, Aaron. (see avatar) I''m a Field Sales Rep in Norfolk for Anchorfast. Anyone want any consumables for the building or metal trade??!!!!

Danny 28 Caister-on-sea , City fan 110% behind Mr Grant . Going down the bookies lunch time and going to bet on City winning the league this season !

Lets be avin you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant Idea Wes. have just added the number to my phone.

If you ever need a hand with any of the website design or or improving your Google listings you should let me know mate

Thanks Whiz that''s very kind.

We''re a pretty small business so I''fve bee relying on freebies from mates etc in terms of websites/flier design etc, but once we''ve grown a bit I may well give you a shout.

Feel free to spread the word of late night alcohol delivery in Norwich and make sure you save that number to your phone!

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I haven''t posted on here for a while, mainly due to the downbeat nature of it. Suddenly however, since the signings i have been far more interested in peoples opinions, mainly possitive as well. Anyway, i thought it would be cool to find out who you all actually are. What are your jobs? I''ve just graduated from Lincoln uni and am looking for a job in the media. How about yourselves?[/quote]

Congratulations Master.... I hope your going to the ceremony at the Cathedral cause i''ve seen photos of it last year and it is grand... I myself have another year left at the uni of Lincoln (is the 3rd Year as hard as they say it is).

Anyway i''m 19, soon to be 20, i''m a business studies student at the University of Lincoln and my name is Tom

Well...doesn''t this thread explain alot?

Far be it for me to throw a spanner in the works here....but I can much more easily understand now the attitudes of those on this forum who follow the fortunes of NCFC...but don''t call the place home. This element makes a massive difference as to the depth of loyalty a person has for the "spirit" of the club....and perhaps why opinions vary so widely on many aspects.

As a "local"....our loyalty to the club extends way beyond Smith and Jones and a bunch of players running around the pitch...because it traditionally represents the city of Norwich as a whole...the great structures within it...the wider county of Norfolk and the proud people who live here. As a Norwich born football supporter the club is in the genes and has been through generations...rather than just an acquired "interest" for those from elsewhere.

For those above who aren''t "local" to Norfolk and the immediate surrounding area....it is very nice that you have such an interest in "my" club....and long may it continue....but try to remember that ultimately it has it''s roots in the city which produced it....Lucky aren''t we?

[quote]As a "local"....our loyalty to the club extends way beyond Smith and

Jones and a bunch of players running around the pitch...because it

traditionally represents the city of Norwich as a whole...the great

structures within it...the wider county of Norfolk and the proud people

who live here. As a Norwich born football supporter the club is

in the genes and has been through generations...rather than just an

acquired "interest" for those from elsewhere.[/quote]I''m a local, I work in Norwich and live in East Dereham.  Apart from that, I don''t have much in common with Cluck, and somehow manage to maintain a positive attitude towards the club and most of the people who post here.  I first went to see Norwich play when I was 8.  Buying a house and having a wife and young kid prevent me from getting to regular games now, but I enjoy reading and contributing here.

Except I''ve lived in Attleborough all but 3 years of my life, and I still think you talk utter rubbish.

[quote user="Cluck "]

For those above who aren''t "local" to Norfolk and the immediate surrounding area....it is very nice that you have such an interest in "my" club....and long may it continue....but try to remember that ultimately it has it''s roots in the city which produced it....Lucky aren''t we?

[/quote]

Are you saying that in order to support Norwich, you need to live in Norfolk?

Cluck,

I lived in Norwich all my life but went to uni in Brighton for a few years before returning. If I''d have replied to this thread saying ''student-Brighton'' would this mean that i was no longer a ''local'' and couldn''t be as loyal a suppoerter to ''your'' club?

Personally I find it very rewarding and refreshing to think that we have fans all over the country and the world, even though I am ''local''. In my eyes the more and varied the fan base, the better. and even if I don''t like the negativity this board sometimes produces I wholeheartedly welcome opinion from everyone, no matter who, or where they are. 

Gary, have followed city since I could stand over 30 years ago..  Ex city academy and ESFA talent scout, shareholder and registered FA coach.  Run my own mens team too!  As for you Cluck.  I dont care where a person lives and dont believe that the club represents me as a person from this area.  The club is a very important part of the wider community yes, but if someone is a supporter from afar, it still should not devalue their love, support or passion.  Its not as if you cant tar City supporter from further fields as plastic as we are one of the most under achieving clubs going.  Its not like Man utd supporters or Chelsea supporters that have never set foot their but follow the trophy wins!  I happen to know several City supporters that live miles away and are not even English, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they have memberships and will go to as many games as they can.  Us Norfolk folk are not partisan or passionate enough to be born with it in our blood.  You only have to see the amount of other football strips on show in the city.Yes the club was started here, yes it is based here and carries the name of our fine city, however it has become a brand name. Attitudes like yours though do more harm to the cities reputation than anything else.  No wonder we are always ridiculed as a ''your not local'' type when the trash that spills from some of the posts on here do not do anything to change others attitudes to us.  Clarkson will probably pick up on your post!  As for being ''YOUR'' club, you are talking tripe.  I am a shareholder and it isnt even MY club.  So are you saying that unless you were born within the sounds of the Barclay that you are not a TRUE supporter or fan?  Next you will be saying that unless you perform a certain ritual involving a giant wicker man, a virgin and two sheep as well as having a tattoo of Delia on your arse that you musnt even listen to our own ''local'' boy Roy Waller!If someone wants to follow the interests of Norwich from afar, then good.  Its a shame more from Norwich dont.

Cluck, last time I checked Norwich wasn''t Royston Vasey.

Surely someone like yourself realises that it is sometimes neccesary to

uproute yourself from one area of the country to another in order to

fulfil you ambitions.  Some are just lucky that they don''t have to.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Far be it for me to throw a spanner in the works here....but I can much more easily understand now the attitudes of those on this forum who follow the fortunes of NCFC...but don''t call the place home. This element makes a massive difference as to the depth of loyalty a person has for the "spirit" of the club....and perhaps why opinions vary so widely on many aspects.

As a "local"....our loyalty to the club extends way beyond Smith and Jones and a bunch of players running around the pitch...because it traditionally represents the city of Norwich as a whole...the great structures within it...the wider county of Norfolk and the proud people who live here. As a Norwich born football supporter the club is in the genes and has been through generations...rather than just an acquired "interest" for those from elsewhere.

[/quote]Dear God - can you EVER produce anything even vaguely positive about the club?The fantastic thing about this post is that it shows there are Canaries fans all over the UK, from Norwich to Lincoln, to Stockport, to Bradford, Liverpool etc...they''re out there doing fantastic missionary work amongst the local tribes of plastic Mancs & Scousers, selling City as a "proper" team to support.For my own part Cluck - I''m born and bred Norfolk (lucky aren''t I?), West Runton Maternity Home if you''re interested, brought up in Cromer until I moved away to university & work at 18/19yrs.    I went to Carrow Road with my Dad aged 5 or 6 and have been a fan ever since then.   I feel deeply ashamed that I obviously don''t register as a TRUE fan as I don''t attend every game/reserve game/cleaning of the toilets in the Barclay, but I have City deeply ingrained in my soul - I can remember sitting at the back of the old city stand, stamping my feet and wondering what was going on as the ref was pelted with cushions after a particularly bad game...So I think I''m allowed to say that I''m a fan - it''s my club too, it''s your club as well.   In fact it''s EVERYONE''s club - and those of us who post on here MUST by association be a little more interested in the goings on than those who don''t!Get a life man, stop moaning and whinging and start making a few friends - you''ll be so much better for it!!!!!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

As a long standing local supporter, born and bread in the fine city, I would just like to clarrify that Cluck does not speak or represent me or others like me. Not all local supporters are narrow minded or patronising

So anyone who isn''t local to Norwich isn''t a real fan, yet when Delia states they would be dubious about foreign investors, you claim its backward and lacks ambition. Make your bloody mind up!

If anyone cares I am 24, moved away to uni for a bit but having completed my studies im back in this fine city working at a boring company because there is a lack of decent jobs round here [:$]