Posted (edited)

They've not been in the top flight for two decades. All their teenage fans have never even seen them play in the top flight and a lot of their fanbase seem to think it's like how it was back then. Then again they've always lived in the past.

A lot of them are in for a very rude awakening.

Also I have seen some of them moaning and complaning about how they won't be getting full parachute payments.. Which is hillarious. They've spent years screaming and moaning about us getting them and how unfair that is and how parachute payments should be ended then when they find out they won't be getting as much..

They start crying?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

United and Chelsea also interested allegedly, this is priceless.

Although we better get our own man sorted ASAP, don’t want any other club scuppering it.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Why on earth would someone leave us to go to Brighton? 

Welcome to Hell binners😂

Hilarious! He will have seen what happened to Farke twice. Hailed as a hero, then demonised for failing to keep the team up. Why on earth would he want to go to an established PL team for more money, rather than watch his Championship side get thrashed week in week out, and repeat Farke's fate.

• Like 1

They seem to have this deluded notion that McKenna is going to take them to Europe next season.

I know it's been over 20 years since they were last up there, but they have no idea 😂 

Can't wait until he bins off the Binners for the mighty Brighton. 

Why are they so upset? They've still got a season of EPL football coming their way, even if McKenna does leave. 

Posted (edited)

Looks very likley that another manager will leave Ipswich without ever beating us. 😄

How many is that now? Alos seen Rob Edwards linked as his replacement. Could be we have another agent in their hot seat.😁

Edited by duke63

McKenna needs to leave this summer with his stock as high as possible.  If he gets to the end of Sept with Ipswich having 1 point on the board and a -20 GD then no premier league club will touch him with a barge pole. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Why are they so upset? They've still got a season of EPL football coming their way, even if McKenna does leave. 

It makes the task of staying up even harder.  They must be gutted, what hope they had will be swished just a little.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

That novelty will quickly wear off by September when theyre being thumped each week....it'll be even more of a chore if he's replaced with a manager of the ilk of a Chris Hughton or Dean Smith..

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

They could take Wagner as a replacement. Music to everyone's ears.

I doubt very much McKenna will leave Ipswich at this point in time to go to Brighton. I think Brighton may be on the decline and I don't think he will regard it as that much of a step up. He will want to give another season to Ipswich.

Man Ure may be too difficult to resist I suppose but that's a huge job for anyone with many ridiculously paid players to get rid of.

If he went to Chelsea that would be sheer stupidity as they are a truly awful club with an absurd owner. Potter was crazy to go there and now it seems they are mulling over dispensing with Poch! Who the hell do they think they are??

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

I doubt very much McKenna will leave Ipswich at this point in time to go to Brighton. I think Brighton may be on the decline and I don't think he will regard it as that much of a step up. He will want to give another season to Ipswich.

Man Ure may be too difficult to resist I suppose but that's a huge job for anyone with many ridiculously paid players to get rid of.

If he went to Chelsea that would be sheer stupidity as they are a truly awful club with an absurd owner. Potter was crazy to go there and now it seems they are mulling over dispensing with Poch! Who the hell do they think they are??

I actually think Brighton is a great option for him for the reasons you suggest about Man U and Chelsea. Brighton may have peaked but they're still a clear step up from Ipswich and gives him a chance to show he can coach a team with top players. Go to Chelsea or Man U and fail, as most coaches do given how dysfunctional the clubs are, and he doesn't have much to fall back on at that point,  whereas you'd have to assume he'd succeed at Brighton,  whereafter the world is his oyster

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Really? I should think it would take four, five seasons of premiership money before the current binner squad would be comparable to Brighton’s, based on their current finances. That doesn’t include the pension fund owners milking money like they own a pedigree cow. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I actually think Brighton is a great option for him for the reasons you suggest about Man U and Chelsea. Brighton may have peaked but they're still a clear step up from Ipswich and gives him a chance to show he can coach a team with top players. Go to Chelsea or Man U and fail, as most coaches do given how dysfunctional the clubs are, and he doesn't have much to fall back on at that point,  whereas you'd have to assume he'd succeed at Brighton,  whereafter the world is his oyster

Very good points. I don't disagree if you look at it from a purely objective point of view. However, if the boy is happy where he is and is buying into this so called 'project' that Ashton is pushing then that may well be enough to make his mind up to stay. If this had come in 12 months time and say Ipswich had just survived or been relegated but gone down perhaps like Luton then it would be a much easier decision to move on. If he leaves and Rob Edwards moves in, that would be a good replacement. I would take him.here without hesitation. A good manager with incredibly limited resources and conducted himself impeccably.

It gets worse

To be compliant with TV coverage a new gantry has to be installed, with an upgrade to the floodlights as well. Years of neglect have meant the work all falls due over the next couple of months.

And being in the PL means the away fans allocation goes up by around 750. "We will have circa-750 season ticket holders who will be relocated to other places in the stadium......the increase from the 2,000 to the 3,000 will be predominantly upper Cobbold and S Block in lower Cobbold...........There will also be moves for some supporters in the upper West Stand because camera points will have to be put in. We have no choice."

Playford Road - "Whilst the facilities are OK, they’re no more than OK. The training ground facilities, as with some of the stadium facilities, have been so left behind the times. They need substantial infrastructure.”

So ST's were sold in the knowledge that should the binners go up these seats would be used to house away fans and those 750 would be scattered elsewhere - as yet, unkown.

56 minutes ago, astro said:

Really? I should think it would take four, five seasons of premiership money before the current binner squad would be comparable to Brighton’s, based on their current finances. That doesn’t include the pension fund owners milking money like they own a pedigree cow. 

Exactly. I'm not sure the binners have a single player who is genuine Prem quality (Davis has defensive weaknesses better teams will exploit). Brighton have better players on their subs bench than the binners best performers.

• Like 2

To challenge for Europe or to battle against relegation will be his choice.

As much as I hate to say it though this could be the year to stay up by default with several teams facing possible points deduction’s.

God it would be funny if he goes and they approach someone to replace him and he turns them down....to take the Norwich job.

Just saw a post on social media in which a binner claimed that McKenna would never leave Brighton as "Brighton are a much smaller club than us and are on the verge of being relegated anyway"

I mean it's not like Brighton have been in the Prem for seven seasons since they last got promoted and have finished in the top ten twice since then or anything.

For comparison I wonder how many times the binners have been in the top flight in say, the last twenty years..?

From McKenna's perspective moving to a club that has a rich owner who's a fan of the club is a much more rewarding environment than simply lining someone else's pockets with the Ipswich pension/equity fund model?

Above Ashton who is the face of the ownership there?  They still have a chairman I think?

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

The binner word gets thrown around a lot here, normally as a joke. Up till now I haven’t thought you were one, just a miserable ****er, but if you really think Ipswich to Brighton isn’t a massive step up, then maybe I’ve been wrong.

Ipswich will be looking at a record breaking season, but Derby and Sheffield United’s records.

• Like 1

To be fair if Ipswich can get Cooper or Edwards as a replacement then that wouldn't be a bad outcome.

Brighton would be a great project for McKenna if only to stabilise them. De Zerbi took them to next level but they're very beatable nowadays, and that needs to change.

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair if Ipswich can get Cooper or Edwards as a replacement then that wouldn't be a bad outcome.

Brighton would be a great project for McKenna if only to stabilise them. De Zerbi took them to next level but they're very beatable nowadays, and that needs to change.

Not sure if I'd want a manager who's literally just been relegated?

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

True. Cooper did set Forest up pretty well defensively in their 1st season in the EPL though. 

16 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Doesn't seem to have phased Bayern Munich, apparently they're interested in Vincent Kompany. 

Posted (edited)

You have to be 50 years old at least to consider Ipswich a 'bigger' club than Brighton.

Anybody younger than that just looks at how much of a sh!thole council owned Portman Road is and compares the sparkling new Amex Arena and the elite training complex that goes with it and knows which of the two is a club with Premier League level infrastructure.

If McKenna was at a Southampton, or Norwich City, or even a Swansea, with the decent stadium and training facilities then I'd suggest he sticks it out a year and has a go at establishing them in the Premier League.

But Ipswich are all fur coat no knickers, he'd be wise to jump while his stock price is high.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1