Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

2 men arrested after game

One of his friends is tweeting he’s lucky to be alive, so LBC are now running with this and stating Norwich fans were chanting songs about Galatasaray. 

Leeds United fan 'lucky to be alive' after being 'slashed in neck' during row outside play-off semi-final

Just now, Well b back said:

One of his friends is tweeting he’s lucky to be alive, so LBC are now running with this and stating Norwich fans were chanting songs about Galatasaray. 

Leeds United fan 'lucky to be alive' after being 'slashed in neck' during row outside play-off semi-final

I really hope our CCTV records audio.

I'm not saying any fans deserve to go to a game and return home injured or anything but.. some Leeds fans are just Animals and this would be nothing compared to what they'd do to Millwall fans. I remember a few years back they came to CR and assaulted elderly people and families. All who go to ER Thursday good luck be vigilant and careful ❤️

38 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

God no nutty,  you don't think it was him kicking off again do you? He got a warning the last time. I saw onel and wes 

Stu looked chilled and was having amiable conversations with City fans in the sunshine. Saw Nunez (I thought he was MOM today). Delia said “see you at Wembley”.

As for the incident, I think the sharp twigs were blunted by a couple of Old Bill helmets that went flying into the bushes. But what a weird place for it to have taken place though!

So even after the Norfolk police statement and the guy admitting he was lying about a knife and a slashing the EDP have decided to carry on running with the story !.

What a sorry state of affairs that even our own local press are not prepared to question the story and happy to see our fan base put through this prior to Thursday. Thanks for your support guys, maybe the story is correct even though the evidence is stacking up that it isn’t. But if it is proved not to be true, then the club should stand by us and not work with the EDP, at least for a few months.

• Like 1

As if anyone would be surprised what the press run with. They'll be all over Facebook looking for clues😲

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Stu looked chilled and was having amiable conversations with City fans in the sunshine. Saw Nunez (I thought he was MOM today). Delia said “see you at Wembley”.

As for the incident, I think the sharp twigs were blunted by a couple of Old Bill helmets that went flying into the bushes. But what a weird place for it to have taken place though!

It happened closer to the directors box , that wasn't the incident,  same people but after the first incident. They were never going to beat the police. I think our fans thought they were Leeds, in the bushes. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

It happened closer to the directors box , that wasn't the incident,  same people but after the first incident. They were never going to beat the police. I think our fans thought they were Leeds, in the bushes. 

There was confusion. Then a Hooijdonk lookalike kept saying they were Norwich fans. But like I said a strange place for it all to happen. Mad dogs, beer and the noonday sun.

You should say hello another time. I always look for a brown jacket but I doubt you still have that. I'm the one crutching about...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

The rush to judgment on here is absolutely astonishing. Get a f*cking grip.

It's just a normal day on here, I'm afraid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

So even after the Norfolk police statement and the guy admitting he was lying about a knife and a slashing the EDP have decided to carry on running with the story !.

What a sorry state of affairs that even our own local press are not prepared to question the story and happy to see our fan base put through this prior to Thursday. Thanks for your support guys, maybe the story is correct even though the evidence is stacking up that it isn’t. But if it is proved not to be true, then the club should stand by us and not work with the EDP, at least for a few months.

Well said.  The EDP are so desperate for a few clicks that doing the right thing doesn't matter anymore 

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They are super sharp this time of year. Get pushed in to one and anyone wearing a white T Shirt will regret it big time. 

You don’t want to mess with special branch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, River End Rocker said:

Well said.  The EDP are so desperate for a few clicks that doing the right thing doesn't matter anymore 

They are still carrying the story without alteration. The club should severe ties until the end of the season whenever that may be.

1 hour ago, River End Rocker said:

May be the right thing would be to cut the Club some slack by not running stories about drunken footballers when they happen?

The press report what has appeared to happen when it happens. Clarification often follows later. This could get even more ridiculous than offside decisions.

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

May be the right thing would be to cut the Club some slack by not running stories about drunken footballers when they happen?

The press report what has appeared to happen when it happens. Clarification often follows later. This could get even more ridiculous than offside decisions.

That happened according to the police, likewise the report they are running about somebody being slashed, indicating this was a knife, according to the police didn’t happen and has put your fellow supporters at a potential risk on Thursday.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

That’s utter crap. The press should be ensuring it reports what has happened, not some wild made up garbage.  That is the difference between proper journalism and the crap we get these days where no one cares about the truth and it is more about clickbait.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s utter crap. The press should be ensuring it reports what has happened, not some wild made up garbage.  That is the difference between proper journalism and the crap we get these days where no one cares about the truth. 

It is interesting to think how the Soham murders case would have evolved with this logic or indeed many other cases.

So it's gone from ...."The General is going to advance....send reinforcements!".....

To...."The General is going to a dance....send three and four pence!".....

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It is interesting to think how the Soham murders case would have evolved with this logic or indeed many other cases.

Ah, presumably you mean with the police being allowed to do their job without lies being printed in the press?  It takes such a small amount of time to check for information on something like this - and is far from reasonable to liken a brawl outside a football match to the murder of children….something only a complete **** would do.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I think the continued narrative of a knife  attack/slashing is dangerous and irresponsible in the absence of evidence that is what happened (and with our fans I just don’t believe it did) and to be honest I think the police statement should have been clearer in stating that did not happen in order to reduce tensions.

I’m not condoning what did happen as obviously the guy was still hurt and it could have been nasty but there is a world of difference between an innocent fan being slashed in the neck and someone getting into a fight (or even looking for a fight) and being hit by a flying can. And a whole range of scenarios in between those two extremes. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

So it's gone from ...."The General is going to advance....send reinforcements!".....

To...."The General is going to a dance....send three and four pence!".....

Is that a Waterloo reference?

I said "He's got a daughter who likes French."

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ah, presumably you mean with the police being allowed to do their job without lies being printed in the press?  It takes such a small amount of time to check for information on something like this - and is far from reasonable to liken a brawl outside a football match to the murder of children….something only a complete **** would do.

Surely ultimately the Police were rightly encouraging the press to keep on reporting the perpetrators lies because it helped them expose the truth. A technique that is likely to be repeated and why not?

News is about the search for truth rather than the immediate delivery of truth. The latter being an impossibility.

Edited by essex canary

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

That happened according to the police, likewise the report they are running about somebody being slashed, indicating this was a knife, according to the police didn’t happen and has put your fellow supporters at a potential risk on Thursday.

On the way to yesterday's match I had a discussion with 2 Spaniards who were going without a particular affiliation to either team and we compared notes with my occasional attendance at Spanish games. They explained that they liked the atmosphere at our games rather than the empty seat situation at second tier games they get in Spain. The last one of the latter I went to 2 months ago had a 25,000 crowd and empty seats a little like our midweek games. That wasn't the case though yesterday was it.

For prime fixtures Club's should be ensuring that their loyal supporters are prioritised and fully happy with the pricing and ticket allocation process as amongst other issues it will assist in preventing whatever happened here.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

For prime fixtures Club's should be ensuring that their loyal supporters are prioritised

Like letting season ticket holders reserve their own seats first you mean? 

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

On the way to yesterday's match I had a discussion with 2 Spaniards who were going without a particular affiliation to either team and we compared notes with my occasional attendance at Spanish games. They explained that they liked the atmosphere at our games rather than the empty seat situation at second tier games they get in Spain. The last one of the latter I went to 2 months ago had a 25,000 crowd and empty seats a little like our midweek games. That wasn't the case though yesterday was it.

For prime fixtures Club's should be ensuring that their loyal supporters are prioritised and fully happy with the pricing and ticket allocation process as amongst other issues it will assist in preventing whatever happened here.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

What are you talking about?  Why do you twist every single event to fit into your weird vendetta against the club?

The allocation of tickets for the playoff game has absolutely nothing to do with this incident outside the ground, after the game.  As far as I'm aware Carrow Road is a public highway and you have no evidence that the people who 'attacked' this Leeds fan were at the game.

• Like 3

I'd love to see the CCTV of this incident as well, why was this Leeds fan outside the entrance to the Snakepit?  Just fancied walking out of the away end and around the back of the Barclay?

Basically what has happened is a Leeds fan has gone looking for trouble, got chinned and had something thrown at him and there's some claret on his shirt. He's now a bit sheepish as like all bullies he didn't expect to get it back at him and feels a bit silly so he's claiming knives were involved to save his dented male ego.

Moral of the story is don't start fights if you're not very good at them. I learned that a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

What are you talking about?  Why do you twist every single event to fit into your weird vendetta against the club?

The allocation of tickets for the playoff game has absolutely nothing to do with this incident outside the ground, after the game.  As far as I'm aware Carrow Road is a public highway and you have no evidence that the people who 'attacked' this Leeds fan were at the game.

Carrow Rd is owned by the club , I believe,  hence they can build a bigger stand. 

12 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I'd love to see the CCTV of this incident as well, why was this Leeds fan outside the entrance to the Snakepit?  Just fancied walking out of the away end and around the back of the Barclay?

If they aren't stopped why wouldn't he? It's easy done.