Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

2 men arrested after game

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, essex canary said:

As demonstrated perfectly at our club AGM. Actually I think it has been free just recently but at one time wasn't.

It was certainly free at the last AGM. I got one just before they spotted you heading over there and slammed the shutters down 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Well b back said:

And yes I sort of agree with you, but not in the way you are indicating, I think the club should have been defending the fans by challenging the pink un / Evening News stories.

The other way the club could help is by accepting returns, to ensure these do not get into the hands of Leeds Supporters.

I've never had a problem returning away tickets. With home tickets they don't normally do refunds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It was certainly free at the last AGM. I got one just before they spotted you heading over there and slammed the shutters down 😀

Yes it was. I think there was one year though when it was ,£2 for a cup hardly larger than a thimble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

The sad thing is that anyone can type anything on an internet forum with practically no repercussions. That site is like a parody and they know people from here are reading it ( your post is now on there ) so they all act up as wannabe hard men trying to outdo each other. The reality is that they are just your typical internet gob****es talking crap knowing that there will be people from here reading it. Like every match it will be a well policed operation with monitored cctv,. If some simpleton Neanderthal were to get in with the away fans and start trouble they will be prosecuted and then banned by Leeds from attending home matches and the so called Norwich ‘fans’ that sold them the tickets will then be banned by Norwich for selling them. It isn’t happening 

I agree with you and sincerely hope it's just 'noise'. However, forgive me if I don't automatically share the confidence of your final sentence. The atmosphere was always going to be hostile there and I've experienced it before. Now that 'one of their own' has been 'done', they have gone off on one big time. Some of the stuff coming out is clearly ridiculous like a WYP source of tyre 'stingers' being stolen. Obvious inference being that canary fans cars would get disabled and the owners open to physical assault. They make it sound like preparations for the Russian invasion FFS!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I agree with you and sincerely hope it's just 'noise'. However, forgive me if I don't automatically share the confidence of your final sentence. The atmosphere was always going to be hostile there and I've experienced it before. Now that 'one of their own' has been 'done', they have gone off on one big time. Some of the stuff coming out is clearly ridiculous like a WYP source of tyre 'stingers' being stolen. Obvious inference being that canary fans cars would get disabled and the owners open to physical assault. They make it sound like preparations for the Russian invasion FFS!  

Yeah it’s all **** knowing it’s getting a reaction on here. The reality is that the people typing this **** are 9 stone dripping wet playing at being Ray Winston behind the comfort of their keyboard. Like every day in this world,  people who go out looking for trouble will find it, if you just go to watch the match then you won’t 

Edited by Virtual reality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Seriously, you need a woman (or whatever your taste happens to be) in your life ASAP.

Or a significant hobby.

Or a dog.

Or a cat.

Or a blo*dy hamster at this stage.

But you seriously need something

You mean blind obsession isn't enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Well b back said:

I guess they need their stories on Friday, so hoping they can stir up more problems. If Norwich fans are attacked, I hope the whole of Norfolk will hold them to account for the drivel they have reported.

Had 30 years in the Newspaper Business can’t believe how bad Archant Newspapers have become 

Mistakes on a regular basis and has become an advert for absolute rubbish

Good example EEN stating a pop up food concession had a zero rating only to see them advertising the same guy opening a new concession in a new location in the same paper 6 pages in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, daly said:

Had 30 years in the Newspaper Business can’t believe how bad Archant Newspapers have become 

Mistakes on a regular basis and has become an advert for absolute rubbish

Good example EEN stating a pop up food concession had a zero rating only to see them advertising the same guy opening a new concession in a new location in the same paper 6 pages in

Personally,  I would excuse the sports team from that criticism but I agree with you about the rest.  It was actually better when owned by Archant, but since the buy out from Newsquest and the new editor's arrival, the quality has plummeted.  Too much focus on clicks and little focus on the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, daly said:

Had 30 years in the Newspaper Business can’t believe how bad Archant Newspapers have become 

Mistakes on a regular basis and has become an advert for absolute rubbish

Good example EEN stating a pop up food concession had a zero rating only to see them advertising the same guy opening a new concession in a new location in the same paper 6 pages in

Doubtless true but is it any different from many other professions? There are plenty of innumerate accountants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good idea may be to require away fans to be members of their Supporters Trust as the latter are more likely than Clubs to embarass or perhaps even strike off any badly behaved fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

A good idea may be to require away fans to be members of their Supporters Trust as the latter are more likely than Clubs to embarass or perhaps even strike off any badly behaved fans.

What??????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What??????????

The Clubs won't do it. Their staff are too motivated in earning their bonuses for as little an effort as possible. Something similar operates in many continental countries such as the pena network in Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The Clubs won't do it. Their staff are too motivated in earning their bonuses for as little an effort as possible. Something similar operates in many continental countries such as the pena network in Spain.

So self appointed fans groups can dictate who can buy tickets?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So self appointed fans groups can dictate who can buy tickets?

 

Well I wouldn’t be against that idea. Supporter groups typically know who the loyal fans are and will ensure the fans that get tickets are Leeds ready. The club won’t ever look at it like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, essex canary said:

A good idea may be to require away fans to be members of their Supporters Trust as the latter are more likely than Clubs to embarass or perhaps even strike off any badly behaved fans.

So fans would have to pay a membership fee to these Trusts one would assume to be able to purchase away tickets ?

My irony meter just broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Well I wouldn’t be against that idea. Supporter groups typically know who the loyal fans are and will ensure the fans that get tickets are Leeds ready. The club won’t ever look at it like that. 

Say you were a loyal fan stopped going ( for whatever reason )

you never missed a match 1980's and 1990's before the Supporters group members were around and wanted to go you couldn't because in their eyes you were no longer loyal ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Say you were a loyal fan stopped going ( for whatever reason )

you never missed a match 1980's and 1990's before the Supporters group members were around and wanted to go you couldn't because in their eyes you were no longer loyal ? 

In an ideal scenario you get these fans to sign up with a local supporters group and these groups based on membership control the tickets. They nominate each year a chairman and then you ensure those at the top ensure fair distribution based on their knowledge of each member.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The away area outside can be easily secured and WYP plod will hold back if need be. The only folk who will their wits about them are those that park on the streets somewhere. Clearly dont wear colours and be mindful of being eyeballed slipping out of the away end. Having nosed around on waccoe, the likes of Jimmy Jimmy, Turbo Slippers, Timmy Mump (wtf), Great White, Milfhunter and some clown called Graham, who is known for decking a 13 yer old lad are all giving to the big'n on there. 

We better be quaking in our boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Well I wouldn’t be against that idea. Supporter groups typically know who the loyal fans are and will ensure the fans that get tickets are Leeds ready. The club won’t ever look at it like that. 

How do they know?

This is the most mental thing Essex has ever posted. Our club know because they have the purchase history. So now we pay membership to a self appointed group who don't know and have no purchase history because it's basically none of their business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So self appointed fans groups can dictate who can buy tickets?

 

Wasn't Theresa poster on here recently that wanted SC's to get priority on tickets?

Some gibbon called KONKER if I recall. Liked to stick his beak in everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So fans would have to pay a membership fee to these Trusts one would assume to be able to purchase away tickets ?

My irony meter just broke.

How does Friends of Theatre Royal work? Pretty similar to joining the Canaries Trust then getting a discount at Carrow Road isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How do they know?

This is the most mental thing Essex has ever posted. Our club know because they have the purchase history. So now we pay membership to a self appointed group who don't know and have no purchase history because it's basically none of their business.

They create their own purchase history/knowledge of them going to games. Have a pint before games, get to know them on a personal level. So when big games come around like Thursday, they ensure only the most loyal get the tickets, not the bit timer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

They create their own purchase history/knowledge of them going to games. Have a pint before games, get to know them on a personal level. So when big games come around like Thursday, they ensure only the most loyal get the tickets, not the bit timer. 

How do they get this information? 

How are they going to know more than a handful of people who they meet in the pub. If even they themselves go to games.

This is probably the most mental idea I've ever seen on here.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

How do they get this information? 

How are they going to know more than a handful of people who they meet in the pub. If even they themselves go to games.

This is probably the most mental idea I've ever seen on here.

It doesn’t need to be mental. There will be the human element but also a database and some AI I expect thrown in too. Systems can predict the fans who are most engaged with the club through attendance, social media engagement, club shop purchasing, fans that spend most in the bar at half time etc. There should be a proper scoring system based on a range of activities that highlights loyalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

I guess they need their stories on Friday, so hoping they can stir up more problems. If Norwich fans are attacked, I hope the whole of Norfolk will hold them to account for the drivel they have reported.

Hold the EDP to account, why?  It all comes from the son , it went national from social media, do you think all the Leeds fans read the EDP? I am surprised the person who was hurt hasn't said anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Commonsense said:

So let’s get this straight. You are criticising the club for an event which was beyond their control. You then suggest a course of action you think they should take and then say that’s what they usually do.

I have criticised quite a number of your posts in the past but have tried to refrain from personal criticism. However it’s getting to the stage we’re every thread is being derailed by your. ramblings and sense of self importance. 
 

Please remember that most fans watch Norwich because they enjoy it, although I admit that is not always clear on this board, I personally look forward to games and want to see us do well. If you no longer get that excitement why continue when all you do is criticise so many aspects of the club?

So the club don't take responsibility for our fans outside the ground? Just I remember what happened at Ipswich before the game. But I agree it was out of their control,  but same at Ipswich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like from social media the Leeds fan has also been arrested for assault. Looks like Leeds were very much looking for it and got unstuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How do they get this information? 

How are they going to know more than a handful of people who they meet in the pub. If even they themselves go to games.

This is probably the most mental idea I've ever seen on here.

It must be a wind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

It doesn’t need to be mental. There will be the human element but also a database and some AI I expect thrown in too. Systems can predict the fans who are most engaged with the club through attendance, social media engagement, club shop purchasing, fans that spend most in the bar at half time etc. There should be a proper scoring system based on a range of activities that highlights loyalty. 

This is brilliant!

10 points if you drink with someone from the trust at away games

10 points for buying the latest shirt as long as you've filed the receipt with the trust

10 points if you've filed 10 Lion and Castle bar receipts with the trust

Did I miss anything?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

It must be a wind up. 

For sure! I thought that before with all that Absentassio nonsense from a few weeks ago...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...