Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

2 men arrested after game

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Eye witness and it wasn’t a thorn in the bushes as some cabbage speculated. Glad he was ok. 

Was it just somebody throwing a tin (either crushed or full), or was there knives involved? 

21 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I talked to the bloke , he was OK, as I said it happened quick. Yes totally awful even if it was the can.

We're always in the same place and never meet Suf...

Did you see your mate Stu with Hucks?

• Like 1

This is very very sad. All fans should be able to go to a ground and support their team and get home safely 

i hope those that did it get a very very hefty prison sentence and never get to a footie game again 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DannyNCFC7 said:

IMG_0442.png

May be a good idea to publish an open letter to the people of Leeds and distance ourselves and condemn those responsible for this ugly behavior.   Otherwise, those traveling to Leeds will need to be dressed in armor and be prepared for payback.  Just saying...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

It is true unfortunately, I know a Norwich supporting witness.

So just to clear. 

Some Norwich fans who were at today’s game , rushed out and sang “Turk” songs and songs about Galatasaray. A Leeds fan simply asked a question and got his throat slashed? 

If that has happened then the Norwich fan should and will be banned for life from Carrow Road. 

Sounds like arrests have been made so we should find out what happened . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

So just to clear. 

Some Norwich fans who were at today’s game , rushed out and sang “Turk” songs and songs about Galatasaray. A Leeds fan simply asked a question and got his throat slashed. 

If that has happened then the Norwich fan should and will be banned for life from Carrow Road. 

Sounds like arrest have been made so we should find out what happened . 

Hang about, I'm asking if anybody KNOWS what happened, as in actually saw it.

That's the version of events which comes from a single Leeds fan at the moment.

The one I've heard most commonly is that some Leeds fans left early to get to the Norwich exits, some verbals were had, and somebody lobbed a can which hit that Leeds fan in the face and caused that injury. Somebody said full can, another has said crushed can, crushed can would make sense if its caused a wound.

Norwich fans are going to be at serious risk of retribution now in the away fixture, some innocent poor Norwich fan is going to get done in because of this narrative.

I've yet to hear a single Norwich fan confirm the Galatasaray chanting or that they saw any knives, do you know that this has happened or are you potentially spreading a dangerous false narrative?

I've got a ticket for that away fixture and seriously considering not going.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

The one I've heard most commonly is that some Leeds fans left early to get to the Norwich exits, some verbals were had, and somebody lobbed a can which hit that Leeds fan in the face and caused that injury. Somebody said full can, another has said crushed can, crushed can would make sense if its caused a wound.

Norwich fans are going to be at serious risk of retribution now in the away fixture, some innocent poor Norwich fan is going to get done in because of this narrative.

I've yet to hear a single Norwich fan confirm the Galatasaray chanting or that they saw any knives, do you know that this has happened or are you potentially spreading a dangerous false narrative?

No , mine comment is a question not a statement of fact. I should have put a question mark after. 

But you said it was true because you had a “norwich supporting witness” . Now you are saying you are asking if it happened? 

Let’s wait and see.

It would certainly be very unusual for our fans to slash someone. The can story makes much more sense. I’ve also heard that it may not have been unprovoked in line with one or two other accounts on here. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No , mine comment is a question not a statement of fact. I should have put a question mark after. 

But you said it was true because you had a “norwich supporting witness” . Now you are saying you are asking if it happened? 

Let’s wait and see.

I knew that a Leeds fan had been hit in the face with a can and that they had what appeared to be a slash wound. 

I've since heard from several people about the can.

Not actually heard anybody other than that tweet say anything about the tragedy chanting or seeing knives pulled, and I think that mans son is stirring up serious trouble by exaggerating the events on twitter. 

Obviously whoever did it deserves a criminal record and a ban regardless, but lobbing a can is disorderly behaviour at a football match, slashing a neck with a knife is attempted murder.

Elland Road is going to be grim now.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Thanks 1

Remarkably the EDP are now reporting this story based solely on the tweet of one person.  Shows how poor the editorial standards of that paper have sunk. 

There was no blade, there was no chanting. Just one idiot who threw a can at another idiot. Police quickly intervened and arrested those responsible.  

No need for reprisals and I'm sure that the police will provide an update when appropriate.  

• Like 3

Just now, River End Rocker said:

No need for reprisals and I'm sure that the police will provide an update when appropriate.  

I really hope that Norfolk Police put out a statement tomorrow which spells out very clearly that no blade was involved, be failing in their duty if there wasn't and they fail to do this. Only way to calm down the rabid Leeds fans who are all over the place calling for retribution.

From what I can gather it was a bit of handbags, a freak injury and then a Leeds fan trying to stir up trouble by exaggerating the story.

26 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I really hope that Norfolk Police put out a statement tomorrow which spells out very clearly that no blade was involved, be failing in their duty if there wasn't and they fail to do this. Only way to calm down the rabid Leeds fans who are all over the place calling for retribution.

From what I can gather it was a bit of handbags, a freak injury and then a Leeds fan trying to stir up trouble by exaggerating the story.

Colonel Mustard, with the thorn bush in the garden. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Had a feeling this was cobblers. Is the “slashed” post still up on The Away Days? 

The blade wielding Norwich fan is disappearing in front of our very eyes 👀

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

I had a feeling it was nothing like what was being reported as I couldn’t believe there wasn’t a mass disorder as there were loads of Leeds supporters in the area.

This guy ( the son ) is now being quoted in National Newspapers as a blade, Turkish chanting etc. I agree with the arrest of the 2 based on the stories we have heard to date, and assuming they are correct, however should the son now be arrested for incitement to cause a riot ?

The extra problem now is plenty will still believe this guys story. Hopefully Yorkshire Police and Norfolk police will come out with a statement to the fans travelling ( that includes me ), stressing how they will keep us safe. 
Is anyone considering not travelling now ?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

So it was all **** and he wasn’t “slashed” at all then. 

His 'son', if he even is his 'son' and not just some Leeds fan who took a photo of the poor bloke, should now be charged with trying to incite violence.

The Galatasaray chants and the slashing were always a complete pile of sh!t weren't they.

Lets be honest, a few Leeds fans fancied walking all the way round to the Snakepit to have a go, they were surprised that Norwich gave a bit back, a freak injury and some wally who did something a bit naughty on CCTV. 

Victim didn't even report a 'slashing', he reported being punched and having being hit by a projectile, which we all know is a can.

What a load of ****. Problem is 100% of Leeds fans will have heard about the slashing that never was, and about 25% of them will hear that it was a load of horsesh!t before the return fixture that I've got to go to. The tweeter should be charged with something.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

however should the son now be arrested for incitement to cause a riot?

Exactly what I just said, he should be arrested.

And the whole area is covered in CCTV, hopefully with sound. If no Turkish chanting is heard, or blades seen, he should 100% be getting nicked now. He will just added tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands to his own clubs policing bill as well, what a fan.

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Exactly what I just said, he should be arrested.

And the whole area is covered in CCTV, hopefully with sound. If no Turkish chanting is heard, or blades seen, he should 100% be getting nicked now. He will just added tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands to his own clubs policing bill as well, what a fan.

That The Away Fan people should also be made to remove their post and also apologise for spreading malicious rubbish.

Just now, Well b back said:

That The Away Fan people should also be made to remove their post and also apologise for spreading malicious rubbish.

LBC as well

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We're always in the same place and never meet Suf...

Did you see your mate Stu with Hucks?

God no nutty,  you don't think it was him kicking off again do you? He got a warning the last time. I saw onel and wes 

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Their fans are saying we will be safe unless we are looking for it , and most will park at the ground. It happened about 15 mins after the game , the norwich group looked like trouble makers and could easily have been saying that. Don't you ever hear some fans singing he should of killed more , with Steve Wright.  We definitely have them. Sounds like they know who did it. There were definitely punches thrown. 

• Like 1

Changing his story, says a blade was found, then says he never mentioned a knife.

This chap should be arrested.

602438883_slashing3.JPG.6777c33896374fd97bde0c9c7c7bf663.JPG

882747215_slashing1.JPG.900bd535c6185012f3511cfaaca0a947.JPG

1244221976_slashing2.JPG.effbfe6a791d6cf96fe36502d8ceb483.JPG

Talk$hítè now. 

However true the accounts are or aren't this is yet another thing that is dragging our name right through the mud yet again!! 

It'll be allover the morning tv tomorrow too. 

Screenshot_20240512-222533~2.png

Posted (edited)

If he isn’t the guy that owns Dorset Hot Tub Hire, I bet he will not be the most popular with the owner when the truth comes out.

Edited by Well b back

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If he isn’t the guy that owns Dorset Hot Tub Hire, I bet he will not be the most popular with the owner when the truth comes out.

I think he should get thousands of 1 star reviews now personally.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Talk$hítè now. 

However true the accounts are or aren't this is yet another thing that is dragging our name right through the mud yet again!! 

It'll be allover the morning tv tomorrow too. 

Screenshot_20240512-222533~2.png

So the guy has admitted to lying and still they have printed this story, surely this is not allowed.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I think he should get thousands of 1 star reviews now personally.

It says please contact me on *************** I would but not 100% certain it is the right company.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So the guy has admitted to lying and still they have printed this story, surely this is not allowed.

Love the way he hung around outside the Snakepit for 15 minutes after the game, then 'reported' getting punched when that didn't end well for him. Most pathetic thing I think I've ever heard. Couple of right little drama queens who obviously thought nothing would happen due to the police presence.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, River End Rocker said:

Remarkably the EDP are now reporting this story based solely on the tweet of one person.  Shows how poor the editorial standards of that paper have sunk. 

There was no blade, there was no chanting. Just one idiot who threw a can at another idiot. Police quickly intervened and arrested those responsible.  

There was definitely punches thrown, the part I saw , I don't know if it happened at that moment or if something had already happened. I doubt there was major chanting as it was a group of about 10 people.