Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We've in the playoffs!*

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

100% certain is it ???????????????

Hmmm. You know we're not...mathematically there, right? And you know I will blame you if there's some kind of Fulham-style meltdown next week.

• Like 1

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Now lets get 6th for a trip to Southampton. Avoid the 'Galatasaray' of West Yorkshire at all costs! 

Make that '5th' even!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

GD of 7 to overcome …. It’s as good as in the bag …

But maybe we should wait till next weekend …..

There's no way this thread will age poorly.. 

Right?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's no way this thread will age poorly.. 

Right?

I think we’ll lose to Birmingham. Hull will beat Plymouth, but not by enough to swing it in their favour. Brom will beat Preston to finish 5th. Binners draw at Coventry and beat Huddersfield to finish 2nd. We play Leeds in the play offs and lose. Brom beat Southampton and go on to beat Leeds in the final. 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*Unless Hull beat Plymouth by 7+ goals and we lose to Birmingham

🤡

Just now, S_81 said:

I think we’ll lose to Birmingham. Hull will beat Plymouth, but not by enough to swing it in their favour. Brom will beat Preston to finish 5th. Binners draw at Coventry and beat Huddersfield to finish 2nd. We play Leeds in the play offs and lose. Brom beat Southampton and go on to beat Leeds in the final. 

This feels very oddly specific

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

7 goal swing is perfectly possible.  Hope Wagner and the team aren’t counting their chickens.  We need a solid performance at Brum.

Edited by Naturalcynic
  • Like 1

Whilst you’re probably right this thread makes me very nervous!

im not celebrating anything until it’s certain!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This feels very oddly specific

Just call me Ivan Toney 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

7 goal swing is perfectly possible.  Hope Wagner and the team aren’t counting their chickens.  We need a solid performance at Brum.

Possible but improbable. I'd say the odds were over 1000 to 1. What would you say?

Just now, ron obvious said:

Possible but improbable. I'd say the odds were over 1000 to 1. What would you say?

I’m not a gambling man, but I’d have thought the odds would be considerably lower than that.

Posted (edited)

Hull would need an 8 goal difference turn around. If we lose by 3 goals they need to win by 5 goals. If we lose by 4 goals they need to win bt 4 goals. Anyway you look at it it is highly improbable.

More believable is Hull winning at Plymouth and WBA losing at home to Preston so Hull make the play offs.

The Scun can still **** it up. If they lose ar Coventry on Tuesday they go into their last game at home to Huddersfield level on points with Leeds but a poorer GD.. Leeds beat Southampton at Elland Road and the Scum miss out.

Edited by Crafty Canary

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

*Unless Hull beat Plymouth by 7+ goals and we lose to Birmingham

You realise us losing affects our GD, right?

• Like 1

Well, Forest managed to eff it up on the last day in 2020 with a -6 swing from a similar position, so something very similar has happened once before!

• Like 1

I have seen us lose 6-0 at Fulham in a match we only needed to draw.

Hull won't keep a clean sheet against Plymouth. It's in the bag.

Birmingham need the win and will be wide open, will end up a 3-0 win for us and 5th place in the bag.

19 minutes ago, S_81 said:

What a happy bunny you are!

20 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I would rather see Birmingham go down,  very badly run club. 

18 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

That’s ok then as although I am not totally counting my chickens it’s a nine goal ie it is currently 8. If they caught that up it would go on goals scored, which we are also ahead on. Next stat ( which it won’t come down to ) is head to head and we win that.

16 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I’m not a gambling man, but I’d have thought the odds would be considerably lower than that.

500 to 1 or thereabouts is realistic.

Yeah, it would need an EIGHT goal swing not seven as we've scored a lot more goals than Hull.

E.g even if Hull won 6-0 & we lost 1-0 we would trump them on 'goals scored'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

More like 25:1.

For two 4 goal margins and even then a get out in WBA losing? You are living up to your moniker.