Midlands Yellow

Stranger Things Happen At Sea

Farke fails, Wagner fails and back to our Daniel in the summer? I’d definitely keep backing Wagner but would smile if the legend came back home. 

• Haha 1

I really don’t see the club getting rid of Wagner if he makes the play offs. Regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Farke fails, Wagner fails and back to our Daniel in the summer? I’d definitely keep backing Wagner but would smile if the legend came back home. 

Nope, he’s had his time with us and I wouldn’t want to go back.

Part of me would be intrigued to see if he could recreate his success without a Buendia as I think it would be much more like the first season rather than the two that followed (2nd tier ones) but that’s no more than idle curiosity 

25 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Part of me would be intrigued to see if he could recreate his success without a Buendia as I think it would be much more like the first season rather than the two that followed (2nd tier ones) but that’s no more than idle curiosity 

If he cant finish in the top 2 with this Leeds team, I wonder what chance with us with potentially no Sara and Sargent?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No I would never take him back, tactically naive manager who whilst he brought some genuinely great times could never make the step up when required. Bit of a flat track bully in my opinion.

Edited by robertociNCFC

I think its quite clear his preferred style is incompatible with Premier league survival unless you have the ability to entice technically superior Premier League level players.

Hes also let his team bottle it as much as Martin.

• Like 1

Nope, he's had his time here. My Leeds friends are now complaining about the same things about him that we did at end.

I'll always love Daniel, but the difference between a top manager and just a decent one is the ability to mix things up, Farkes utter stubbornness on plan A stops him becoming that next level manager.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, S_81 said:

I really don’t see the club getting rid of Wagner if he makes the play offs. Regardless of the outcome. 

Oh, dear! You too?

Seems there are now fewer and fewer of us wanting Wagner out at the end of this season, come what may. The recent good run has seemingly obliterated all memory of those bad spells (and boy were they bad) that led to a clamour (on this forum, at least,) for the man to be gone. His every decision seemed disputable and the manner of play was quite dreadful? We were sliding down the league at a rate of knots, and some even talked of a relegation battle. All this not forgetting the appalling run at the end of last season, and the warm reception that the man's appointment received in the first place.

A shift in ownership after so long, a new DoF in Ben Knapper, so many other changes in the top positions at Carrow Road, including Steve Weaver's departure: 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24260951.analysis-steve-weavers-scheduled-norwich-city-departure/

All of a sudden there is little mention of that clean sweep, of Carlos Cuesta (or similar) and the Wagner love in simmers along contentedly.

I contend that a successful NCFC future is as far removed from the current manager (as much as I like the man) as it is from D&M continuing at the ultimate helm of the club.

Any takers left?

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Yeah, should get Farke back based on how well his promotion challenge with Leeds is going. After all he and his team battered QPR last night right?

Hes gone. Never coming back. Get over it.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Any takers left?

I'm in the 'wouldn't mind either way' camp. Or to put it another way, I don't think it would be completely ridiculous for Wagner to go in the summer even if we get promoted. But I'm not advocating for it.

On Farke: Love him. Think we probably made a mistake sacking him. But never go back. Let's leave his wonderful tenure as a perfect memory.

Oh, dear! You too?

Seems there are now fewer and fewer of us wanting Wagner out at the end of this season, come what may. The recent good run has seemingly obliterated all memory of those bad spells (and boy were they bad) that led to a clamour (on this forum, at least,) for the man to be gone. His every decision seemed disputable and the manner of play was quite dreadful? We were sliding down the league at a rate of knots, and some even talked of a relegation battle. All this not forgetting the appalling run at the end of last season, and the warm reception that the man's appointment received in the first place.

A shift in ownership after so long, a new DoF in Ben Knapper, so many other changes in the top positions at Carrow Road, including Steve Weaver's departure: 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24260951.analysis-steve-weavers-scheduled-norwich-city-departure/

All of a sudden there is little mention of that clean sweep, of Carlos Cuesta (or similar) and the Wagner love in simmers along contentedly.

I contend that a successful NCFC future is as far removed from the current manager (as much as I like the man) as it is from D&M continuing at the ultimate helm of the club.

Any takers left?

I’d still like him gone tbh, don’t like his style of football or reluctance to use the subs bench better when things go wrong.

Play offs or not his whole record since taking over is not great, we were 5th when he came in and ended up bottom half last season, play off place still not secure even now, players playing out of position when players who regularly play in that position are fit, and reluctance to play the youth all do it for me, and too many bad runs in the last year. 

That’s what does him for me 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Oh, dear! You too?

Any takers left?

I do not want him gone, I like him and think he fostered a great team spirit and had a clear footballing philosophy.   I think he will go as Knapper will want someone who he feels plays football the way he wants and supports his approach and decisions.  I suspect if you spoke to him privately, David probably would prefer to move on as the gap between the two is pretty clear, based on what David says.

Edited by Newtopia

Oh, dear! You too?

Any takers left?

My point is that the club won’t get rid of him this summer, if he gets us into the play offs. 
My position on him is still the same - he’s a limited manager who often makes self defeating decisions. He continues to cost us points to that regard. The upturn in results have more to do with Sargent than Wagner, IMO. 
We are where we are as the league has been surprisingly average. Ipswich likely going up automatically furthers that point. But I’m not taking total praise away from him for the turnaround. Clearly he deserves praise for that, as it really didn’t look like we would make the play offs. Albeit we are not there yet. But hopefully today all but confirms that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I do not want him gone, I like him and think he fostered a great team spirit and had a clear footballing philosophy.   I think he will go as Knapper will want someone who he feels players football the way he wants and supports his approach and decisions.  I suspect if you spoke to him privately, David probably would prefer to move on.

I've thought that too .... Germany beckons?

A mutual parting of the ways, rather than a sacking (Steve Weaver style, even Webber) would suit me fine.

He hasn't been a complete disaster after all. Yes, he also has the players on his side and playing for him, but there's nothing unusual there, as that's how it's supposed to be with any half-decent manager, surely?

That's how I see him. Half-decent and not one for the future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

May depend on whether he had Sara.

I've thought that too .... Germany beckons?

A mutual parting of the ways, rather than a sacking (Steve Weaver style, even Webber) would suit me fine.

He hasn't been a complete disaster after all. Yes, he also has the players on his side and playing for him, but there's nothing unusual there, as that's how it's supposed to be with any half-decent manager, surely?

He’s done the German option and failed miserably, so I’m not sure that he’d want to repeat it.

The one thing that niggles at me over this is that he kept Huddersfield up. So if - if - we did manage to get promotion, that would be a significant item in the 'pro' column.

Even as I type that I think I'm getting ahead of myself. Really hope we win today.

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nope, he's had his time here. My Leeds friends are now complaining about the same things about him that we did at end.

I'll always love Daniel, but the difference between a top manager and just a decent one is the ability to mix things up, Farkes utter stubbornness on plan A stops him becoming that next level manager.

Spot on, 100% in fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, S_81 said:

I can, but not for Farke. Knapper will want his own man next.

• Like 1

Knapper has no affiliation with Farke, so no reason to think why he would want him here.

Wagner got no support in the January transfer window which suggests to me there are no funds available. My hunch is nothing will happen until Attanasio takes over full control. I can see Wagner's contract rolling on until such time the club is ready to move on.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

nothing will happen until Attanasio takes over full control.

In practice, with the EFL announcement this week, I suspect that has now happened.

As far as Wagner remaining is concerned he isn't going to Slot in as the Klop lite replacement at Liverpool, so odds improved! 😉 

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just pathetic.

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

In practice, with the EFL announcement this week, I suspect that has now happened.

It will be a big 1/2 time announcement. 
Blankets being waved, Delia sloshed handing over the keys to the kingdom

• Haha 1

For me it depends whether there were or are any truth in Knapper going back for Cuesta. Its that once opportunity to get someone in for their 1st managerial appointment before/if they go onto bigger things. End of season presents that opportunity if CC wants to leave Arsenal to try his own path

10 minutes ago, percy varco said:

It will be a big 1/2 time announcement. 
Blankets being waved, Delia sloshed handing over the keys to the kingdom

I do have a feeling, based on absolutely nothing but my flawless understanding of human nature, that it might well happen this summer. Especially if we go up.

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Oh, dear! You too?

Any takers left?

That's the way of the world these days-the first sign of things going wrong, people want to get rid-never mind the fact that we lost our star striker after 4 games.

The only time I've ever wanted a manager out was Bryan Gunn.