Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Doomsday May Just Have Arrived...............

42 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

The crap Wagner got for taking him off against Wednesday, saying he should have stayed on until 80 mins.

Yep makes you wonder if he has just been given a day to rest, and will be fine for Saturday. Plus it takes a bit of pressure off the subs Tuesday. If he's out let's hope wagner is sorting out some sort of tactics that stands a chance. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Yep makes you wonder if he has just been given a day to rest, and will be fine for Saturday. Plus it takes a bit of pressure off the subs Tuesday. If he's out let's hope wagner is sorting out some sort of tactics that stands a chance. 

I hope you’re right. 🤞

Difference this time is we start at nil nil rather than winning two nil when he was subbed so got to be more positive.

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

The crap Wagner got for taking him off against Wednesday, saying he should have stayed on until 80 mins.

But Wagner stated after the game that Sargent was taken off for 'tactical' reasons, any injury must have happened subsequently. Perhaps a splinter when he sat on the bench?😂

Not quite sure how so many people have managed to be written off by so many of you. He’s only had about 5 minutes on the pitch!!

Not sure about this , I said Ipswich were playing mind games with their sickness bug, think we are now doing the same with Sargent, he will start on Saturday. If he is genuinely out…nightmare.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Not quite sure how so many people have managed to be written off by so many of you. He’s only had about 5 minutes on the pitch!!

True to an extent but you can see what type of player he is from his appearances and highlights for other clubs. He's a 6 yard box poacher with a good free kick and links play with short passes. Nothing wrong with that of course in the right system but watching him he doesn't have any pace at all, never tries to carry it, doesn't run and press defenders or hold it up in the air and doesn't play off the shoulder. Those attributes are all what Sargent brings and what is so vital to making Wagners system work. We'd probably be fine with one of those strikers who can't score for toffee but had some of the attributes Sargent has then others could chip in but from what I've seen of SVH he's totally the wrong type of striker for the way we play. 

Sorry ..but regarding SVH ,I'll say it again, he's been here for 10 WEEKS . ..and yet apparantly in that time cannot be coached/conditioned into a position where he can make a contribution against a side who were second from botton in the Championship, in Sheff Weds?!

Just exactly what level of player have we signed here???

Wagner clearly cant say it in public ...but he clearly thinks we've landed ourelves with a donkey .

His comments about squad trimming couldnt have been more barbed toward the board in the week.

I'm sure he'd swap SVH for Idah in a heartbeat right now

Wagner said on Tuesday that the substitution of Sargent was tactical and not fitness related and now today we have this.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sorry ..but regarding SVH ,I'll say it again, he's been here for 10 WEEKS . ..and yet apparantly in that time cannot be coached/conditioned into a position where he can make a contribution against a side who were second from botton in the Championship, in Sheff Weds?!

Just exactly what level of player have we signed here???

Wagner clearly cant say it in public ...but he clearly thinks we've landed ourelves with a donkey .

His comments about squad trimming couldnt have been more barbed toward the board in the week.

I'm sure he'd swap SVH for Idah in a heartbeat right now

Indeed. The first foray by the Boards beloved 'Ben' looks decidedly poor. 

2 hours ago, daz said:

Serious quad injury

Is it catching? Is it a virus? Only, I haven't run much this week because my quads are more than tight ATM, they feel on fire! Curious....

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Wagner said on Tuesday that the substitution of Sargent was tactical and not fitness related and now today we have this.

Perhaps he was fibbing?

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where did he? Because in his post match interview with Connor he confirmed it was fitness related.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Where did he? Because in his post match interview with Connor he confirmed it was fitness related.

Radio Norfolk post match interview. My mate got it on his phone as we were leaving Sheffield.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Radio Norfolk post match interview. My mate got it on his phone as we were leaving Sheffield.

People can occasionally misspeak or be misheard - either way, the daft thing is that everyone seems to hang on every word as being gospel. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Presumably Rowe will be on the bench?

In the interview with the Pinkun Wagner says Sargent was fitness related. Around 5:20...

Just to add the decision to send Idah out on loan is looking more and more ridiculous, isn't it Knapper.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

As an aside - this is why the decision to send Idah out was a stupid one. Instead of having a guy capable of deputising, we're now looking around at the options all scratching our heads. 

Yep. Really costly mistake that didn't need to happen.

Posted (edited)

Based on previous games and interesting playing positions, Wagner could provide the opportunity for one of our central defenders to become the new 'ginger pele'? 

Edited by Conrad

We could yet blow the play off places by that crazy decision to let Idah go. Looks like we will see the ancient Barn Door ploughing a lone, slow furrow upfront with the 'invisible man' playing just behind!  

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yep. Really costly mistake that didn't need to happen.

If the two main rumours/suggestions are true he wanted to go due to a possible falling out with Wagner or lack of playing time or both.

Easy to criticise with maybe half the information. VH might still be half decent, but again, a player coming from abroad to hit the ground running in his first 6months is unusual. Which again, may well be why we brought him in now.

We may never know all of the reasons, but at the start of the season and over the summer, there were some folks on here very vocal about how they thought he was a donkey that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 10yrds. There are always those that will deny that. I suggested he needed a loan to get regular first team footy and ideally starts.

image.png.374ac350f6d214687191fa13a27f9799.png

Even folks now are still saying he was the best player off the bench in the Champs and not denying he was better coming off the bench. Was he happy with that? Either way, despite his 8 goal involvements in 9 appearances, he's completed 90mins twice. Gone past 60mins a further two times and completed under 45mins for the remaining games, averaging about 25mins.

Also, I was right about Sargent, but you know... 

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Based on previous games and interesting playing positions, Wagner could provide the opportunity for one of our central defenders to become the new 'ginger pele'? 

THERE’S ONLY ONE GINGER PELE! ♥️

gary-Doherty.jpg.3fb7f38cf715583a80a72fa14e3954d0.jpg

How many times have we heard this “doubt for Saturday “ BS? It’s just a not very effective attempt to play mind games.

Posted (edited)

Re Adam Idah, I could be wrong here but haven’t players that have been on loan returned to their parent club at the end of the normal season and then been able to be a participate in the play offs for them?  

It doesn’t help us on Saturday but would be mightily useful if so in the play offs. 

Edited by Mutley

2 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Re Adam Idah, I could be wrong here but haven’t players that have been on loan returned to their parent club at the end of the normal season and then been able to be a participate in the play offs for them?  

It doesn’t help us on Saturday but would be mightily useful if so in the play offs. 

I'm fairly certain that's not allowed, the club has to submit squad lists and he's not on that and you can't change it during the season as far as I'm aware.

tough one to call play Sarge and risk him being out for longer or rest him against Preston and play SVH ? 

You have to play your best players but playing Sarge against Preston he could then be out for last 3 games and worst of all play offs ,

i think i would Risk resting him i know we are not guaranteed a play off place yet or got a replacement but seems his injury is getting worse not better