Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Owls V Canaries*

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Yeah but replace him with a prospect not a fuc.king cripple ??

I don’t pick the subs my friend just replying to what happened. 

• Haha 1

Really poor result and bad in game management. Cov losing is a bonus.. but Hull and Preston will be delighted.

Good night for Ipswich again.

At least tonight keeps us honest. Beat Preston and it’s a great week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Adycakes said:

I’d love to see the stats on how many times we’ve lost points from our substitutions. Shocking.

It does seem that way, Wagner does seem to make a habit of making us worse with his subs

That was a disastrous coaching performance. Absolutely shocking. And how many times have we seen that away from home this season. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Disgusting second half - give Wagner  a 5 year contract - away fans being very very happy clappy  tonight- city in top six -kiss it good bye

Edited by baldy09

How to throw away all that momentum and goodwill gained from the derby game.

Crazy.

• Like 2

A shocking half of football. We’ve seen it several times this season and this has been another example of how this team can crumble and fall to pieces 

Wagner keeps going on about how the squad is smaller since January, that's true but he's making it even smaller by steadfastly refusing to use half his subs bench. 

We all know that squad construction is down to Knapper, he provides the tools for Wagner to use, after tonight I don't think Wagner can have any complaints anymore if he continues to try to get by without using the youngsters. If he does and it goes wrong, then that falls on Knapper but while he doesn't he's fair game as well.

Stream died, but at 2-0 up I thought this game  was safe... famous last words!

I see some posters who have been strangely missing are happily back tonight. Even at 2-0 up we hadn't played well. A guess would be that the high-octane game against Ipswich had actually taken something out of us. 

• Haha 1

There’s not been many managers in our dugout who are as consistently incapable of changing a game for the better than Wagner. Another two points lost due to him. And yes we are still in the play offs and yes he’s done well to get us there - but tonight we could have gone a long way to securing ourselves there. Instead if we get done by Preston this weekend it could all flip very quickly. 

Why is Sarg subbed off to manage his minutes but we run a dead horse like Barnes the full 90mins.

If SVH isnt good enough hw shouldnt be on the bench. The fact Wagner plays Gibbs instead as a sub for Sarg shows hes either inept as a manager, or acting unprofessionally.

I still hope Knapper wants a fresh start in the summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrD66M said:

It’s safe if we make no subs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Understandable why he was taken off to save him for Preston but soon as Sargent went off you could feel something shift.

And Sainz going off was utter nonsense.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

I see some posters who have been strangely missing are happily back tonight. Even at 2-0 up we hadn't played well. A guess would be that the high-octane game against Ipswich had actually taken something out of us. 

and on a night where the scum aren't playing. weird that, isn't it.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

and on a night where the scum aren't playing. weird that, isn't it.

"Bottling the playoffs.

Cheers, tiny Keith/Vincent"

Incoming

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

It does seem that way, Wagner does seem to make a habit of making us worse with his subs

I sometimes think he just plays the odds and flips a coin as to what might make a game go our way? Yeah Sarge should have been gone at 45 but not putting on your next best CF?? Madness…

Just now, mrD66M said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a game like this where for 60 mins of a game we were totally dominant. One sub then followed by the worst 30 I’ve probably ever seen. Was worst than Sunday league bad the last 30. 

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Your guess isn’t wholly right. It was the tactical changes that changed the dynamic of the game and once more put us on the back foot. We’ve seen it before from Wagner this season and it’s sadly needlessly cost us points again. And people are quite right to point that out. Even if you want to be blind to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

A shocking half of football. We’ve seen it several times this season and this has been another example of how this team can crumble and fall to pieces 

Yep we just crumble against any sort of pressure and you can always see the goal coming 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Understandable why he was taken off to save him for Preston but soon as Sargent went off you could feel something shift.

And Sainz going off was utter nonsense.

It’s not so much him going off, but who he brings on and how he moves it around. Yet again Barnes is there dead on his feet. 

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I thought we dominated for 60 mins and played some brilliant stuff and the game totally turned when Sarg came off 

• Like 1