Norwich 2 Ipswich 0. (Gunn saves a penalty 1st half.)

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

We don't make changes to try and respond to the opposition, we make like for like changes and carry on as before.

🙄😴

3 minutes ago, Grando said:

I predict a riot.

i predict a riot.

45 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Blimey 😨, fair play then my man, drink away 👍

Oh….

thought you were talking to Jesus. My mistake 🙃

• Haha 1

After 7 consecutive home wins I think we may may find it hard to make it 8.…….

watching the live games today we are so slow by comparison and don’t share the same intensity 

Its not this game that concerns me the most, it will take care of itself and we have a better recent history of handling a derby than them

....its the 2 away games after at Sheff Weds and Preston that concern me more

4 nil to Ip**** I fear,and probably go on to win the league, unfortunately they would deserve it 

Unlike today, we will turn up and 90% of the stadium will roar us home.

A classic 2-1.

1-4 to them far too good for us great season for them , can’t see anything but an Win for them unfortunately 

4 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

We have to admit that the Scum have been superb this season. They don’t score so many late goals by luck but by the determination to take the game to the opposition right to the final whistle. Under Lambert and Farke we were the same. Being a derby I hope we will get a result but no one will be surprised if the Scum end their 15 year run.

Binner

Jeeze. Some proper crying going on here. I honestly haven’t been impressed by them at all at any point this season. We’ve been winning consistently at home for a good while now and I don’t see why that should suddenly change. Sarge, Sainz, Sara and the cheeky surprise of Rowe coming off the bench; they’re cooked. And what a time for Van WhoDonk to mark his time here with a goal off of his **** or something. 4-2 to us and with no trains, Binners sailing home on a river of tears. 

Score, who knows. I'd say it has become the biggest derby in a long time. We really need to win it so don't really care how at this point. 

The current Ipswich side reminds me of us under Lambert with a never say did attitude and fighting to the end as we did then. If we set up like yesterday there will be only one outcome sadly, which we all don’t want of course. 

Wagner needs to tell the players they can beat anyone not keep saying how good the opposition are.

My hope is we can beat them but I will be happy with a draw too. 

Posted (edited)

I was growing in confidence with regard to the derby, but after yesterday it has dissipated somewhat. Throwing in the result down the road yesterday does not help.

My basis for this confidence was the explosiveness of Sara and Saintz as an attacking force that contained Sargent along with some growing co-ordination and purpose in midfield.

When we are good, we are capable of being very good. When we are bad, we are awful. The management team hardly ever rises above average at best in game management and tactics, and even its recent successes seem to have been as much reliant upon individual brilliance than upon any distinct planning from the top.

If he doesn't get us promotion this season (some hopes) then Wager will have failed in the task he was set. Parachutes will be a thing of the past and our best could possibly want to move on because I see no way we will be able to hang on to the players who are considered to be of Premier League level, and they could all be lost sooner or later. It becomes a quicksand situation very quickly.

Knee-jerk? After yesterday, no way! That display revealed problems that have lurked just beneath the surface all season.

We were kidding ourselves, but I'll happily eat some of my words should we be very good on Saturday.

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The timing of this thread is not your finest hour after we are smarting from the tactical masterclass executed by Wagner at Leicester followed by watching The Scum display everything we are not. Could you not wait a couple days ?

If only CC did finest hours Tilly. His inability to read the room is top class.

11 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

We have the quality to beat them but we will have to match their heart and desire and this team is seriously lacking in those qualities 

Good point - cannot see us getting anything from this one unfortunately - they are on the cusp of promotion and buoyed by yesterday’s result and coupled with how we played we seem to be world’s apart - think this long unbeaten run against them will come to an end on Sat but would obviously love to be proved wrong - I am separating this game from any play off chances as think we will get battered in them so for me it’s just a one off game against our rivals 

Will always take a draw. Unfortunately I think our 15 year unbeaten derby run will come to an end though. If it does though at least they won't have done what we did to them under Lambert (the league double over them with a 9-2 score on aggregate, 4-1 at Carrow Road, 5-1 at Portman Road)

We are going to break their hearts. Once on Saturday and twice more in May. What's the point in thinking anything else.

COYMFY

If we beat them then I think they will finish 3rd.

Our best chance of getting to Wembley is against them as I can't see us beating Leeds or Leicester over 2 legs.

• Like 1

Play offs, unless something changes we have no chance of getting to Wembley.

Look at our record against the top 4, we’ve played 7 games and haven’t won any……

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Jeeze. Some proper crying going on here. I honestly haven’t been impressed by them at all at any point this season. We’ve been winning consistently at home for a good while now and I don’t see why that should suddenly change. Sarge, Sainz, Sara and the cheeky surprise of Rowe coming off the bench; they’re cooked. And what a time for Van WhoDonk to mark his time here with a goal off of his **** or something. 4-2 to us and with no trains, Binners sailing home on a river of tears. 

So you're not at all impressed by a team that has 87 (!) points and STILL have 6 games to play, 23 points ahead of us and have lost just 5 matches all season (v our 14). I watched them last night on TV and they were outplayed for long periods by a team playing a far superior brand of football yet they still managed to win 4-3. That's not luck I'm afraid. It's down to a great spirit that runs throughout the club and the town. We had it here under the Messiah and then Farke. I assume you were 'not impressed' by us then either?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

So you're not at all impressed by a team that has 87 (!) points and STILL have 6 games to play, 23 points ahead of us and have lost just 5 matches all season (v our 14). I watched them last night on TV and they were outplayed for long periods by a team playing a far superior brand of football yet they still managed to win 4-3. That's not luck I'm afraid. It's down to a great spirit that runs throughout the club and the town. We had it here under the Messiah and then Farke. I assume you were 'not impressed' by us then either?

That’s right. I’m not impressed by them, their football, their spirit or the ****ty hovel that is their town.

No idea why you’re assuming things to try and support your forelock-tugging view of the scum; we were a better side than them under Lambert and they can only wistfully dream of having players like Buendia and Pukki.

41 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

They only 'managed' to win last night because Southampton were still pushing for a win dsspite only having 10 men becsuse a draw was no good to them

In no other situation would a team down to 10 have left the ipswich player unmarked on the left and not just held out for a draw.

As you said  ,they were outplayed

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

It's gonna be a 'boring' 1-1 draw.

Both teams experiencing the highs and lows of a derby day.

I’d take that, I think most on here would too. 

• Thanks 1