Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Whinging and whining

...... and out they all crawl.

Firstly there is not too much Wagner can do once the players are in the pitch. I expect the fans of Cov, Preston and even WBA will be complaining about their respective defeats. It happens. For every Hull away there is often a Boro away.

Wagner and the coaching staff have taken us from 17th to a play off place. Today was always thought the hardest of the final 8. The bollox about Leicester low in confidence is just that....bollox. We travelled to Cardiff (Nov) having managed 1 point out of the previous 18 so theoretically we were 'low on confidence' and we were subsequently............ err, we won. All runs come to an end, and previous games are never any real indication of how the following game will be, unless you are completely ****.

Leicester players (ex Pl, many) have not gone away. They were runaway leaders not long back.  Look at their bench compared to ours today.  We've cobbled together a side of Duffy, Barnes and Stacey, plus low fee players with a couple of freebies thrown in. Undoubtedly the usual malcontents will whinge about that, but needs must. And far from steadying the ship for a season the coaching staff have actually got them working as a tight-knit squad taking us to the play offs.

Today was not the end of the world, as some on are whining. But it does indicate (on this forum) where loyalties lie with a number on here - and it is not in NR1.

As for me, we are still the same (Hull ?) for 6th place, only one less game to go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes Leicester’s squad should be beating us. They have more in depth, for sure. But they were out of form (in relative terms) and we could have given them more of a game than we did, had we tactically tried. That’s the point that most of the measured posts on here that I’ve read were making. And is a fair point. Doesn’t mean we’d have won. But we’d have gone down fighting at least. I sincerely hope the tactics are more front foot this Saturday. 

• Like 5

Daft isn’t it! The reality is we’re not quite good enough are we. We have some talent but also some journeymen who aren’t!

Let’s moan about moaners who moan about moaners about tue game!😂

Posted (edited)

I think it's less to do with Lecister having a better team than us (which they do despite their recent form) but more to do with our **** poor tactics.

Much as i'm annoyed by people popping up and moaning it is rather understandable. Get the feeling that had we played well and lost people on here would probably not be moaning as much, but we did not play well we just seemed to give up and that's the issue.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

So people have a critical view on a poor poor performance and out come the fan bashers.. as sure as night follows day

Posted (edited)

People would moan at us losing whatever - had we played well it would be along the lines that it showed we are clearly not good enough. It’s fair to moan a bit when we know we played poorly - but there’s always some who go too far.

For me, the solace in losing is threefold:  i) it hits Ipswich*, ii) we know we can play a lot, lot better, and iii) it appears the others around us were unable to capitalise.

*Moore has just gone off injured for them, which could be good for us.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think it's less to do with Lecister having a better team than us (which they do despite their recent form) but more to do with our **** poor tactics.

Much as i'm annoyed by people popping up and moaning it is rather understandable. Get the feeling that had we played well and lost people on here would probably not be moaning as much, but we did not play well we just seemed to give up and that's the issue.

I’m sorry but Wagner has got more out of our mediocre squad than most mangers would! 
Give the man credit, he’s got Sargent firing, Sara looking like a premier standard player and getting most out of a lot of very old journeymen!

Our squad is top ten at best! I M O.

Our coach one of the best in this division! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m sorry but Wagner has got more out of our mediocre squad than most mangers would! 
Give the man credit, he’s got Sargent firing, Sara looking like a premier standard player and getting most out of a lot of very old journeymen!

Our squad is top ten at best! I M O.

Our coach one of the best in this division! 😉

Do you think tactically it was a success to have our best striker chasing down Leicester centre backs 30 yards from our own goal or persisting with immobile  old man Barnes in a similar even deeper role or would we have been better off keeping Sargent much further forward and relieving the pressure on our defence ?? 

Also with Moore unlikely to play against us next week I would much rather have McLean at centre back than Duffy who is a complete and utter liability at the back.  I am also fearful for mcallum if we play the narrow back 4 we did today.  Will invite their overlapping fullbacks and expose him again  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RobJames said:

irstly there is not too much Wagner can do once the players are in the pitch.

You see, as long as we have supporters who believe this we can't really have any kind of an educated debate. 

Can I point out -again- what has been pointed out many, many times before. Wagner sets his teams up to defend narrowly, forcing the opposition to go wide. Given we have useless centrebacks and fullbacks which he pushes high at the same time, and who can't tackle and have no pace, why he does this is a reasonable question to ask. What it does is negate the quality we have in midfield and up front and show the opposition how to beat us by forcing them to play against our weaker players - how is that in any way sensible????? We have quality players - Sara, Saintz, Sargent and Maclean would all get in Leicester's team - but his tactics don't allow the team to play to their strengths. They barely played a forward pass between them today.

Having seen it is not working, he could have changed it at half time. Any tactically aware coach would have done. He chose not to and we duly lost without raising any kind of objection. Away you go, Leicester, help yourself to the points (for Leicester, insert Middlesbro, Swansea, and several other teams this season and last).

This is not management or coaching at the highest level - it's simply refusing to adapt your system to the players we have available and to the opposition we were playing. The only reason we are in the position we are in and pushing for 6th is because some of our quality players have produced in some games, despite the tactics. Oh, and because Gunn has made some extremely crucial saves - he's another who would get in Leicester's team.

Clearly we are not getting rid of him this season but trust me, he has to go; the bloke is clueless. 

A last thought - if Maresca was in charge of our squad, it would be us winning the league.

• Like 8

Wagner has the chance to put it right next week, but he must not be the 1st to lose against Ipswich.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Firstly there is not too much Wagner can do once the players are in the pitch. I expect the fans of Cov, Preston and even WBA will be complaining about their respective defeats. It happens. For every Hull away there is often a Boro away.

Wagner and the coaching staff have taken us from 17th to a play off place. Today was always thought the hardest of the final 8. The bollox about Leicester low in confidence is just that....bollox. We travelled to Cardiff (Nov) having managed 1 point out of the previous 18 so theoretically we were 'low on confidence' and we were subsequently............ err, we won. All runs come to an end, and previous games are never any real indication of how the following game will be, unless you are completely ****.

Leicester players (ex Pl, many) have not gone away. They were runaway leaders not long back.  Look at their bench compared to ours today.  We've cobbled together a side of Duffy, Barnes and Stacey, plus low fee players with a couple of freebies thrown in. Undoubtedly the usual malcontents will whinge about that, but needs must. And far from steadying the ship for a season the coaching staff have actually got them working as a tight-knit squad taking us to the play offs.

Today was not the end of the world, as some on are whining. But it does indicate (on this forum) where loyalties lie with a number on here - and it is not in NR1.

As for me, we are still the same (Hull ?) for 6th place, only one less game to go.

Sargent - not Wagner- has taken us from 17 to play off place. Wagner was flapping about in 17 making awful subs and playing strange tactics when Sarge returned from injury to save his blushes 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

Do you think tactically it was a success to have our best striker chasing down Leicester centre backs 30 yards from our own goal or persisting with immobile  old man Barnes in a similar even deeper role or would we have been better off keeping Sargent much further forward and relieving the pressure on our defence ?? 

Also with Moore unlikely to play against us next week I would much rather have McLean at centre back than Duffy who is a complete and utter liability at the back.  I am also fearful for mcallum if we play the narrow back 4 we did today.  Will invite their overlapping fullbacks and expose him again  

You’ve just proved my point by criticism of those Journeymen he’s been given to work with! Maybe having a decent squad all round and not having four 30+ year old CB might help!

😉

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sargent - not Wagner- has taken us from 17 to play off place. Wagner was flapping about in 17 making awful subs and playing strange tactics when Sarge returned from injury to save his blushes 

Yeh but he’s managed and coached Sargent! Till this season most supporters wrote Josh off!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Wagner and the coaching staff have taken us from 17th to a play off place. T

Conveniently overlooking the fact that he took us from 2nd to 17th.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not convinced it was tactics.

To me it looked like too many players having an off day. It happens

• Like 2

"There's nothing much the manager can do once the players are on the pitch"

Couldn't be arsed to read further than that utter nonsense,  no offence.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Could OP be more Diet Coke fan, haribo munching, “shrug at a loss and then go back to the car that youve parked for free in a ditch in Thorpe” tutting at the snake pit, Swearing they are best mates with Delia because they saw her across a car park once, still kind of wants Stuart Webber back because they think he’s their daddy.

50 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

A last thought - if Maresca was in charge of our squad, it would be us winning the league.

Brave call.

The problem with that is it makes Webber an absolute genius!

Good luck…

• Haha 1

For me it is not about the loss and more about the performance. Beating Leicester was always going to be difficult but the minimum that I was expecting from Norwich was a good performance. Particularly given the run that we have been on. Once again, having taken the lead, we were prepared to invite Leicester on without the means (or ability) to offer any attacking threat on the break. An inevitable result on the back of a poor performance (or tacktics?). 

54 minutes ago, Indy said:

You’ve just proved my point by criticism of those Journeymen he’s been given to work with! Maybe having a decent squad all round and not having four 30+ year old CB might help!

😉

And who helped sign those players? Wagner cannot be excused for some of the dross we signed this summer. Whichever way it is looked at, Wagner is partially culpable. It he is to be given any credit then he also has to take the blame. 

Been too negative away from home, in big games. Had we set up and played today like we did against Stoke we’d have got something. Instead we sat off and defended deep against one of the best attacks in the division, when we have one of the poorest defences in the top half.

So OP - will you be happy with those tactics on Saturday? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Conrad said:

And who helped sign those players? Wagner cannot be excused for some of the dross we signed this summer. Whichever way it is looked at, Wagner is partially culpable. It he is to be given any credit then he also has to take the blame. 

He didn’t sign them!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

He didn’t sign them!

I didn't say that he did, but he most likely would have been consulted on whether to sign them. 

Am sorry but what sort of supporter are you if you were happy with that performance by the manager and players today??   Yes not the end of the world once all the results came in 2 hours later ! But it was a very poor performance and poor tactics . It deserved a winge and a moan . But I will still be there on sat cheering the boys on and hoping that we can pull out a top performance against the blue scum . And if they do will be on here celebrating and praising that’s the ebb and flow of being a football fan isn’t it ?? Right to moan and praise ! 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RobJames said:

Wagner and the coaching staff have taken us from 17th to a play off place. 

So who got us to 17th in the first place Bill/City1st if it wasn't Wagner and the coaching staff ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 2

It’s so easy to wind people up tonight! City 1st his typical self centred self! Others trying to

lay blame, simple fact is Leicester have a bigger budget and have better players and probably better coach & coaches! They deserved the win and played really well!