Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Foxes v Canaries*

TBH - that half we would’ve been better going to 5 - 3 - 2 for all the good playing out from the back brought us

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Going to be a long 2nd half.

Need to up the effort and actually put some tackles in. Too easy for Leicester and luckily they are a bit toothless up front.

We do need a bit of protection for Sam - he’s not getting anything much from Sainz who is perhaps too keen to attack, leaving him exposed. It is a weak point and it seems daft to make it moreso. 

I believe today is the gage to how we might do if we remain in the playoffs- a good result today will fill all with onfidence- lose and question will begin- so come on city give us that win

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'd take this scoreline at full time

So would I but It won’t stay this way if our attitude to how we are approaching this match doesn’t change at half time 

Duffy looks well off the pace.

We simply can't play out from the back with Duffy and Gibson together.

I'd be tempted to put Kenny at centre back, move Sara into the middle, with Fassnacht out wide

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sam M is having an absolute stinker. Midfield have to fight. I think we need a tactical shift at half time as we won’t survive 45 more minutes of this…

As has been said. Now we'll see what Wagner has as a coach.These games decide whether he's here next season or not.

Wonder if we might see Fassnacht sooner than rather later.

Might be tempted to get Barnes off and have an extra man (Sara) in midfield. It's a bit negative but it's one way traffic at the moment.

If we don't make the play-offs, it's because our defence isn't good enough. Those who think McCallum is much better than Dimi need to watch that first half again. And sorry, Duffy is fine against six-foot-six man mountains in the air but he is truly awful on the ground. He's made two dreadful mistakes already which should have led to goals for them, plus he is simply incapable of making a progressive pass. If by some miracle we go up, we have the forwards to possibly survive but we need an entirely new defence. And in the more likely event that we don't go up, we still need an entirely new defence.

Only person to blame for their goal is Gunn! As an ex keeper if you start to come for the ball you go for it not hesitate like he did, totally out of position 😡

How many contracted years has Duffy got left ?

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I'm not liking Paul Heckingbottom's "no socks" look on Sky.

Apart from the fact I can see the game, there’s very little to recommend Sky. Commentary and the studio is all “aren’t Leicester amazing” (although TBF there’s not loads they can say about us so far) and it’s costing me a small fortune.

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Duffy looks well off the pace.

We simply can't play out from the back with Duffy and Gibson together.

I'd be tempted to put Kenny at centre back, move Sara into the middle, with Fassnacht out wide

Reluctantly, I agree. Yes, it blunts Sara, but he's pretty blunt anyway if he never gets the ball in their half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'd take this scoreline at full time

It would be a triumph.

McCallum really struggling today which is frustrating.

I’d be tempted to take a risk and put Montoya at left back and play McCallum in front of him.

Also won’t be popular but other than the goal Sara has been poor, giving ball away too easily.

Duffy needs a bit of slack, he’s back from injury and didn’t expect to come on after 10 minutes. McCallum on the other hand, ok for the Championship but if we were to be promoted, well, we can see what would happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

How many contracted years has Duffy got left ?

Two more years. He will be nearly 35 by then.

Well done, Webber.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Two more years. He will be nearly 35 by then.

Well done, Webber.

Duffy is not as bad as many make out. The issue is, him and Gibson as a partnership! I’d rather Duffy play ahead of both Gibson and Hanley. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Let’s see how clever Wagner is now.    

He’s not changed anything and just like Middlesbrough, this games just awaiting their next goal.   He’s got to get McCallum wider and tighter.   Sainz deeper and more effort generally.    Far too laboured.   

McCallum is far too slow.

Based on this start, he's done nothing... same weaknesses, not getting in their faces across the park.    

Were just inviting trouble.     Again, not having a proper go.   

PLEASE DONT GO UP !

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Wagner needs to find a solution to Ndidi. He is drifting in with nobody picking him up, unless McCallum does in which case Fatawu is in acres. C'mon Wagner sort this out

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Only person to blame for their goal is Gunn! As an ex keeper if you start to come for the ball you go for it not hesitate like he did, totally out of position 😡

I thought that initially but I think it was too high for him to get to.

And so we start the 2nd half as we finished the 1st - total defending 

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Apart from the fact I can see the game, there’s very little to recommend Sky. Commentary and the studio is all “aren’t Leicester amazing” (although TBF there’s not loads they can say about us so far) and it’s costing me a small fortune.

What exactly can they say about us? Hendrie is the best commentator on Sky, he has been very complimentary about us in the past, we're not giving him much to work with here.

• Like 2

This is woeful. Wagner proving once again he has no game management skills what so ever.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.