i may be wrong 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Webber or wagner. 

Disappointing phrasing at best

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Morning mate, looks like it’s Webber not Wagner

i may be wrong 

Yes, it is. not had my coffee yet! I did mean Webber.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I am sure there are lots of vacancies in the Prison Service if Stu is looking for a new career.

22 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I wonder what the something else is ?

Medical school ? law ? the civil service? tree surgery ?

Exactly this!

If not for football then the alternatives could be literally anything, good and bad. To single out prison and those specific people seems a really strange comment to me. 

I'm guessing that he means, Lewis aside, they all grew up in rough areas of London?

But yeah, claiming that five young black men could've ended up in jail if not for football could easily be seen as having racist undertones as mentioned in the opening post. Such comments are probably best avoided in 2024.

Not like Webber to put his foot in it during an interview, is it?

• Like 2

He really does seem like a fundamentally stupid man that has accidentally tripped up and found success doesn't he? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Max Aarons mother has replied on twitter ,also speaking on behalf on Jamal Lewis' mother ,that those 2 would never 'have ended up in jail'    ...disgraceful comments from Webber

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 12

Is that saying his leaving collection got £13k?  Crikey - that’s about 100x that of a normal workplace(!)….football is a strange old world.  Good that it went to charity though.

Webber does seem to have a very clumsy way of saying things at times - being good at football has opened up a completely different lifestyle for many, but to apparently link it just to black players and suggest they’d be in jail otherwise is moronic. 

• Like 1

The Pinkun continuing to allow Webber to hang around like a bad smell.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

David Brent would shake his head listening to Webber.

@Robert N. LiM if that’s true then…excellent 

16 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Msx Aarons mother has replied on twitter ,also speaking on behalf on Jamal Lewis' mother ,that those 2 would never 'have ended up in jail'    ...disgraceful comments from Webber

I’ve met Max and his dad Mike on a few occasions and can confidently say that Max and Jamal would no way have ended up in jail 

• Like 2

The man is clearly completely brain dead when it comes to being interviewed.

Singling out 5 black players by name and saying they'd have been in jail is just tone deaf in the extreme. 

I don't believe Webber is a racist but Christ the man isn't half as smart as he seems to think he is.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Pinkun continuing to allow Webber to hang around like a bad smell.

He is the gift that keeps giving as far a they are concerned.

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Is that saying his leaving collection got £13k?  Crikey - that’s about 100x that of a normal workplace(!)….football is a strange old world.  Good that it went to charity though.

Webber does seem to have a very clumsy way of saying things at times - being good at football has opened up a completely different lifestyle for many, but to apparently link it just to black players and suggest they’d be in jail otherwise is moronic. 

to be honest i thought it would be more ,

13 k for a squad of players some millionaires is not that much about 500 quid each ? 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

to be honest i thought it would be more ,

13 k for a squad of players some millionaires is not that much about 500 quid each ? 

Wonder if Todd chipped in a few quid! 

• Haha 1

Just to note we've now got Max Aaron's and Jamal Lewis's mother's in the replied to this tweet understandably somewhat upset with Webber's depictions of their sons. 

Wonder how long before he's having to walk these back.

I think he might discover that Jonny Rowe does mind very much him saying that. Absolutely disgraceful comments.

• Thanks 1

Just to say that the 20-year-old Jonny Rowe showed that it is possible to talk about these issues in a much more sophisticated way in an interview that's in today's Guardian.

And while his roots are in north-west London, his upbringing has been shaped just as much by the years spent in the very different environs of Norfolk.

“I did a lot of back and forth from London to Norwich on a train from young, like around 12 to 18 when I sorted my driver’s licence out,” Rowe says. “It was tough and it was a bit of a culture change; it was a lot more quiet, a lot more peaceful and I’d say a lot less problematic. I think it helped me as a player and a person, because I got away from what I was used to and I got to experience different kids, different people from an early age. It helped me grow up pretty fast.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Wonder if Todd chipped in a few quid! 

He probably took some out.

• Haha 1

If it hadn’t have been for a career in football Stuart could have ended up being a tool that shouts his mouth off in the pub

• Haha 4

Webber really needs some PR training. He has next to no chance in getting another role in football due to how he deals with the media alone. So many stupid comments that only highlight him as a liability.

I will very sorry for the players he’s listed too. They don’t deserve that and the reality is Stuart has no idea about their upbringing or chances or being involved in gangs.

At least it highlights we are better off with the quiet Knapper who gets on with everything behind the scenes and doesn’t let his ego or need for attention get in the way.

Secondly was this interview by Paddy covert? Sounds like he is recording the whole thing with a phone in his pocket whilst having lunch with Webber. Absolutely fantastic sting if that is the case. 

Previous regime p1ssed it up against the wall , 90% , Divorcees in the snake pit and young black players ending up in prison . 

Webber walks into his garden and flicks the rake up into his face . He then steps back and flicks the other rake up. 

Repeat. 

Webber really is a walking , living , breathing PR disaster . 

• Like 1

Stuart Webber isn't racist and has obviously done a lot for several charities over time that help out multiple communities including young black children.

I mean he's been very clumsy with his wording and its 2024 so it'll now be a couple of weeks of continual anger and people accusing him of being a racist so I assume he will have to come out and clarify a few things.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3