Hope not, I keep watching his goal yesterday, Love it.

If only he had been fit all season

Could see that happening. Whether USA would see that as a significant step up (Bank account enlargement not withstanding) is a different matter.

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pay up, 30 million minimum.

Absolutely no problem they'd find that on the back of the Toney sale.

I think he's better than Brentford and there will be several clubs interested. 

If we fail to get promotion it's inevitable he will move on.

21 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Could see that happening. Whether USA would see that as a significant step up (Bank account enlargement not withstanding) is a different matter.

Of course it's a significant step up, be silly to pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we fail to go up this season, which is probable, then this Summer is going to be sheer hell with rumour on top of rumour, and it's started already.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Hope not, I keep watching his goal yesterday, Love it.

If only he had been fit all season

That is what GOOD strikers are supposed to do. Absolutely brilliant twist , turn and slot home

Posted (edited)

Delia will sell.

End of.

Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz, Idah all going this summer. £90 million in. Nothing out. Debt cleared.

Edited by Big Vince
  • Haha 3

Unfortunately it's the way it is. If we fail to go up I suspect two or three of Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz and Gunn will go, and want to go. However, we have been here before and we will build again.

In any case there is a good chance we hit the playoffs and anything could happen. OTBC

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pay up, 30 million minimum.

Reading this forum there is a poster who would obviously not trust Knapper to spend it wisely.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

If we fail to go up this season, which is probable, then this Summer is going to be sheer hell with rumour on top of rumour, and it's started already.

Yep, it’s unfortunately probably going to be asset sales to pay off debt spun as a rebuild. That’s not a criticism, just the unfortunate reality of our failure to get back where we needed to keep them.

Edited by Monty13

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

Unfortunately it's the way it is. If we fail to go up I suspect two or three of Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz and Gunn will go, and want to go. However, we have been here before and we will build again.

In any case there is a good chance we hit the playoffs and anything could happen. OTBC

Rowe - Leicester

Sargent - Brentford 

Sara - Leeds 

Sainz - stays 

Gunn - Celtic 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Delia will sell.

End of.

Rowe, Sargent, Sara, Sainz, Idah all going this summer. £90 million in. Nothing out. Debt cleared.

Oh Biggy V, you never did have much of a clue. 

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Delia will sell.

End of.

...and Wagner remains in post.....

Posted (edited)

Sargent going to Brentford- NO WAY - he can do better than that

Edited by baldy09

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

To replace Toney in the summer allegedly. 

It's in the Sun !

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Absolutely no problem they'd find that on the back of the Toney sale.

I think he's better than Brentford and there will be several clubs interested. 

If we fail to get promotion it's inevitable he will move on.

Possibly... Not sure that he is much better than mid-table at this point. I have been a big advocate of his since he came, despite people saying he wasn't scoring enough whilst being out on the wing etc.

I think he'd be another move away from a top 8 club though. In some senses he's following a similar career trajectory at this point to Chris Wood. I'm not saying he isn't better than Chris Wood, but that he is at the point where lower to mid table premier league clubs may take a gamble, but then he is in a position to answer the question of "Is he good enough for higher?".

Not sure I could see Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea or Man Utd going for him yet. I don't mean that in current league position, but in where they expect to be. Chelsea potentially could, but I suspect that their fans will expect a more convincing or proven striker in a top European league rather than someone who is untried and untested, and lets face it, they have the money.

So then you are looking at clubs like Brighton, Villa, West Ham and Newcastle. Maybe one or two of those sides will have a look, I think it'll depend upon where they finish. Newcastle clearly already feel they are better than that. Brighton, Villa and West Ham have a bit of a record of picking up players from lower levels more often at least.

Then you are looking at teams like Brentford, Fulham, Wolves and Bournemouth.

Funny old league up there at the moment, the top 8 isn't as secure as it once was (see Everton) and some clubs like Chelsea have a serious wobble on. Realistically though, it's as much about a clubs ambition and the funds they have in which to go for it.

Josh is a great prospect, but it'll be more of a gamble for a club above a typical mid-table finish at the moment bar the clubs that have gotten to where they are through investing in players like Josh - I would say Brighton is the best example, though West Ham have done this a fair amount and to a lesser degree Villa. If any of those finish in and around European places though, they will have more money and may look at more expensive targets who may have more evidence to suggest they are proven at the top level.

Brentford makes sense in terms of mid-table and following a similar model to us. I wouldn't necessarily rule out Leeds either if they go up. Farke may well go in for him.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We start our own,  most of our fan base are happy to sell our better players , it's little old Norwich with no ambition, we get what we deserve. How about we look to keep our best players and build a team, none of them hardly look stand out premier league quality. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

We start our own,  most of our fan base are happy to sell our better players , it's little old Norwich with no ambition, we get what we deserve. How about we look to keep our best players and build a team, none of them hardly look stand out premier league quality. 

I agree, we should lease the castle dungeon and keep them there, only letting them out to train and play games and threatening them with medieval punishments if they refuse to sign new contracts!

BRING BACK HANGING! That's what I say!! 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that any more. You either take a fee or watch them walk away for nothing at the end of their contract. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

I agree, we should lease the castle dungeon and keep them there, only letting them out to train and play games and threatening them with medieval punishments if they refuse to sign new contracts!

BRING BACK HANGING! That's what I say!! 😂

They don't need to sign new contracts they already have them,  which they were happy to sign. Sargent has been paid well I expect for the last 3 seasons,  so he now has a good spell and we can't keep him? Time to give up as a club if that's the case. I think he's great , love his positiveness attitude,  but he's low premier league at best. If we can't convince these players to stay another season then we are little old Norwich, none of them are anything close to Emi.

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that any more. You either take a fee or watch them walk away for nothing at the end of their contract. 

When do their contracts run out? Sargent I believe will still have 2 seasons left , same with Rowe. I expect the others at least that. 

Just now, Sufyellow said:

They don't need to sign new contracts they already have them,  which they were happy to sign. Sargent has been paid well I expect for the last 3 seasons,  so he now has a good spell and we can't keep him? Time to give up as a club if that's the case. I think he's great , love his positiveness attitude,  but he's low premier league at best. If we can't convince these players to stay another season then we are little old Norwich, none of them are anything close to Emi.

Yes they have contracts but those agreements have an expiry date. If PSG can't keep Mbappe how on earth do you think we're going to keep our best players? 

2028 is the expiry of Josh's contract.

Everyone has a price, but he's too important with too few options to replace him at the moment. I'll file this one under I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Rowe - Leicester

Sargent - Brentford 

Sara - Leeds 

Sainz - stays 

Gunn - Celtic 

bigger fish hunting Rowe than Leicester

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

2028 is the expiry of Josh's contract.

Everyone has a price, but he's too important with too few options to replace him at the moment. I'll file this one under I'll believe it when I see it.

That really depends on whether there is an exit clause and if so how much it is. If there isn't his agent has let him down. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That really depends on whether there is an exit clause and if so how much it is. If there isn't his agent has let him down. 

Everyone has their price, of course. But frankly, if anyone wants him badly enough to shell out astronomic outs then we'll probably come out alright.

I'll still file it under I'll believe it when I see it; Josh is great, but I don't see him as being so great we're going to get offers we can't refuse.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1