Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Feel sorry for Maidstone Utd

What’s their reward for beating you-know-who ?

Away to Coventry on a Monday night !

5th round of the F.A. Cup in midweek, bonkers.

I think it's good progression. They beat Ipswich fourth round, so get to go to a better stadium against a bigger club who have actually won something in the lifetime's of the majority of people alive today.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s their reward for beating you-know-who ?

Away to Coventry on a Monday night !

With Coventry likely to rest players as they are in play-off contention, they will consider themselves having the chance of another scalp and a progression.

7 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

With Coventry likely to rest players as they are in play-off contention, they will consider themselves having the chance of another scalp and a progression.

Nah, no chance. You would have to be really, really, utterly **** to lose to Maidstone as a Championship side. I mean really ****. Really, really, really ****.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I think it's good progression. They beat Ipswich fourth round, so get to go to a better stadium against a bigger club who have actually won something in the lifetime's of the majority of people alive today.

Like what?

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Like what?

1987 FA Cup. Keith Houchen and all that. The year Clive Allen scored 49 for Spurs I think? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nah, no chance. You would have to be really, really, utterly **** to lose to Maidstone as a Championship side. I mean really ****. Really, really, really ****.

I remember back in the day ( 1989 to be precise) Coventry lost to a non-league die-Sutton United. Can’t remember what happened in the next round!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

<Thinks about our loss to Luton Town in the FA cup in 2013 when we were in the prem>

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

<Thinks about our loss to Luton Town in the FA cup in 2013 when we were in the prem>

You mean current Premiership Luton?.....

They've made around £700,000 from their FA Cup run so far. But, according to their chairman at the weekend, decent but not life changing. What sort of money do you need at their level for it to be beyond 'decent'?

Just saw the cup games were mid week why is this? Was it to enable the premier league kinda two week off winter break. 

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's not even on ITV or the BBC either, you think either of those two would be kind enough to send some money their way

its on ITV4 tonight.

But yes that seems a little bit of a cop out putting a 5th round tie on their sports channel and the main terrestrial ITV channel, ahead of Emmerdale and Corrie.

Edited by TheRock

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Whoosh!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Their FA Cup win was only 6 years after Ipswich’s UEFA Cup win and they don’t own their stadium. Can’t deny they’re a bigger club though!

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

You mean current Premiership Luton?.....

I mean then non-league Luton Town. There's a whole wikipedia page dedicated to that match. We were the first to experience such a humiliation since 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_City_F.C._0–1_Luton_Town_F.C.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Amusing how the commentators are continually referencing the Maidstone win at Portaloo road. Must hurt a bit that.

Game over. Maidstone trying to do the right thing but the ball to feet for their strikers isn't sticking.

9 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Their FA Cup win was only 6 years after Ipswich’s UEFA Cup win and they don’t own their stadium. Can’t deny they’re a bigger club though!

UEFA Cup ?

You mean the European Cup, as you will hear if you are outside the South Stand when the cattle wagons drop them off for their visit to Mecca. 

Led by their firm known as Year six (I think), though some of them refer to this elite club as the binner circle (no need for bollox to have dropped to join)

It’s always sad to see a non-league club get eliminated from the cup, but I’m sure that cup run has earned them a financial fortune

8 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

It’s always sad to see a non-league club get eliminated from the cup, but I’m sure that cup run has earned them a financial fortune

And an eternal soft spot in Canary hearts.

Pleased they'll get a few quid in their club coffers....It'll pay for a few bits an' bobs....Ickle Club, big heart.....

Didn't even realise it was on TV otherwise I would have watched it. Magic of the cup, 'eh?

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Pleased they'll get a few quid in their club coffers....It'll pay for a few bits an' bobs....Ickle Club, big heart.....

I hope there's some left after paying for the de-lousing treatment after visiting Poorman Road. 

• Haha 1