nutty nigel

Is 31 points from the last 17 games...

since 5th November a sustained run of form?

Is 20 points from the last 8 home games since the 5th November a sustained run of home form?

Or is it all simply not good enough.

Boooooooooo!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Is 20 points from the last 8 home games since the 5th November a sustained run of home form?

Boooooooooo!

As purposely and pointlessly divisive as the idiot boo boys. 

Do better, Nige.

Boo boys =  silly and achieve nothing 

This post = same

• Like 6

Definitely is good form. Credit to him for turning it around, compared to earlier in the season. Even if some of his substitutions are perplexing and even a hindrance. Will be interesting to see how the former and the latter conflate as we get toward the business end of the campaign. 

Even if some of hissubstitutions are perplexing and even a hindrance.

Indeed, why the f*** does he take 2 players off who ask to come off, because one of them is f***** and the other thinks he had an injury.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed, why the f*** does he take 2 players off who ask to come off, because one of them is f***** and the other thinks he had an injury.

I’m talking about Saturday. In terms of who he replaced them with. At that point in time. It cost us two points. 
But tonight it worked out. 

hence why I said some. 

learn to read and watch your language 

Edited by S_81

I don't think it's divisive. I do think it's fair to point it out. You don't get a sustained run of form like that through luck or bad decisions.

I'm sure some will call it divisive. But that's because they don't like it. If this thread gets locked I hope they throw away the key...

• Like 1

The fact we're in decent form and yet seemingly a majority of fans wouldn't care if he left tonight says a lot.

For me he's the substitute teacher who at least seems to have support from the players. If Knapper had come out and said that Wagner was going to be here next season I think fans would have rallied behind him more. As it stands we're in limbo.

7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

The fact we're in decent form and yet seemingly a majority of fans wouldn't care if he left tonight says a lot.

For me he's the substitute teacher who at least seems to have support from the players. If Knapper had come out and said that Wagner was going to be here next season I think fans would have rallied behind him more. As it stands we're in limbo.

Think how the season has gone and the fact we are now in the playoffs and in good form with the players clearly supporting Wagner (nevermind Delais comments..) that Wagner will be here for the rest of the season.

I do think it's rather up in the air if he will leave by the end of the season mind and I feel that may depend on if we end up in the playoffs or not

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

And then go on to win the game! He maybe does know what he's doing?

• Like 2

I still think (cling onto the thought) that there will be a 'mutual, parting of the ways, whatever outcome at the end of the season.

We have a new, young and hopefully (football) innovative DoF. Wagner is not his own man, surely Knapper will have other ideas than to persevere with the man, warts and all.

When DW leaves his spell will be looked upon fairly favourably by the majority of fans and, another run of very poor results excepted, can leave with his head held high and his reputation intact. 

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Boooooooooo!

I keep saying it, Wagner is doing a decent job, he’s having to work with a limited squad due to financial changes in budgets last summer losing some good players replaced by aging journeymen!

He’s had to cope with injuries to his better players and micromanage what he has, tinkering some call it, he’s protecting Sargent, fair enough given injuries!

I do question some of the team sheets we see, why Barnes starts ahead of Nunez with Sara further forwards is my thoughts but I’m not Wagner! But unfortunately there’s a severe disconnect between the fans at the ground and the club and it’s being channeled towards Wagner! I keep saying this while we keep drifting at the top a majority of fans will be vocal. We need that leader at the top, once they’re there them along with Knapper need to keep their clients happy! Wagners comments about the fans is wrong, I fully appreciate booing can have a negative effect but so can a placid and non connect crowd!

The club needs to set the structure and start communicating to the fans again, Knapper started with a very positive interview! Sometimes Nutty it isn’t just about the results is it?

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think it's divisive. I do think it's fair to point it out. You don't get a sustained run of form like that through luck or bad decisions.

I'm sure some will call it divisive. But that's because they don't like it. If this thread gets locked I hope they throw away the key...

You can though, look at our run with Dean Smith, we were top an unbeaten in 12, late October.

I think you have to consider how poor a Championship it is with Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich all putting in similar runs to us.

10 hours ago, nu_matik said:

As purposely and pointlessly divisive as the idiot boo boys. 

Do better, Nige.

Boo boys =  silly and achieve nothing 

This post = same

He does it after every game now to be fair....

Someone on YouTube pointed out that had another manager been appointed at the end of our bad run and subsequent results been exactly the same, he'd be hailed a hero. People hung their hats on Wagner being "useless" or whatever and their egos can't take being proven wrong. They are even prepared to sacrifice the chance to humiliate 1p5wich in the play offs to be proven "right". Brain dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Someone on YouTube pointed out that had another manager been appointed at the end of our bad run and subsequent results been exactly the same, he'd be hailed a hero. People hung their hats on Wagner being "useless" or whatever and their egos can't take being proven wrong. They are even prepared to sacrifice the chance to humiliate 1p5wich in the play offs to be proven "right". Brain dead.

This pretty much nails it. People are struggling to hold their hands up and say they got it wrong. Wagner is a good manager, not Farke-good IMO but in the pantheon of Norwich managers he's not even remotely near the bottom and is probably closer to the top. Stick with him, get behind him and he might just get us over the line. We're scoring goals, winning games and in the play-offs despite an injury list as bad as we've ever had for much of the season. He needs a song to be belted from the Barclay. Anyone got any ideas?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Strangely despite being up to 6th, 31 points from a possible 51 doesn’t sound very good, weird 

20 points dropped. May I be the first to Boo. Booooo. 

It sounds ok. Still a lot of points dropped. However that form over the season would've resulted in 83 points. Definitely a play off place. Keep it up and we'll get 73 points and a likely place off place. Ill take that!

Ipswich 25 from 51. Form over the season 67 points. They keep it up they'll finish on 83. All I'll say is. Come on Millwall, Swansea, Rotherham!

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

20 points dropped. May I be the first to Boo. Booooo. 

Can I get in first and say. Stay at home!

Edited by The Raptor

13 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

It sounds ok. Still a lot of points dropped. However that form over the season would've resulted in 83 points. Definitely a play off place. Keep it up and we'll get 73 points and a likely place off place. Ill take that!

Ipswich 25 from 51. Form over the season 67 points. They keep it up they'll finish on 83. All I'll say is. Come on Millwall, Swansea, Rotherham!

Since before Xmas the points total needed for 6th has been between 69-71 points. That would require us to hit a points average of 1.4 over our remaining games - giving 66 points over the season.

With two winnable games coming up we could be looking at needing a points total of 17 from our remaining 14 games - giving 55 points over the season.

Not something the whiners want to hear - a 'scratch' team in the play offs, us. And I would suggest those whiners look away now, as

If we win those two games (Cardiff/Blackburn) the points per game needed will be marginally more than the points per game that had us in 17th place in November, when the whiners were gleefully predicting our certain relegation. It gets worse, If we carry on the same form of the past 17 games we will finish on 77 points, easily a play off place,

Still it would mean plenty of spare tickets for those games as out of principle the boo boys would boycott those games, and as claimed on here they are the majority, dear old Nutty would be able to take his whole tribe and sill have plenty to spare ☺️

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

He does it after every game now to be fair....

Tbh I thought he’d been banned after his last thread got pulled.

How the hell we expect unity in the stadium with all this childish nonsense on this forum and social media.

A fanbase full of trolls and stirers.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

How the hell we expect unity in the stadium with all this childish nonsense on this forum and social media.

A fanbase full of trolls and stirers.

All the nonsense on here isn’t relevant to unity in the ground.

What’s on here isn’t real life.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sounds easy doesn't it.

Shame we don't have a Johnny Rowe and Sarge just cannot get fit!

Sarge not fit ? You are not suggesting that Sgts substitutio was down to that, rather than incompetence as the whiners would have ?

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Correct, this is what I think is actually going on

A patient 20% who are just waiting for eventual change, an indifferent and bloated day tripper class and a desperate fringe clasping to a drunk, past it TV cook from the 70s who they swear knows them and would totally come to a bbq if they asked them.

5 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

This pretty much nails it. People are struggling to hold their hands up and say they got it wrong. Wagner is a good manager, not Farke-good IMO but in the pantheon of Norwich managers he's not even remotely near the bottom and is probably closer to the top. Stick with him, get behind him and he might just get us over the line. We're scoring goals, winning games and in the play-offs despite an injury list as bad as we've ever had for much of the season. He needs a song to be belted from the Barclay. Anyone got any ideas?

Two excellent posts. You have to be of really, really low intelligence and common sense to think booing subs and trying to create toxicity in a stadium where players are working hard, for the manager, and in play-off form, is the opposite of supporting your team and therefore you're not really a supporter.

Wagner might not be good enough. But he's shown over the past 17 games he might be. The team might not be good enough, but over the last 17 games they've shown they might be. But as fans I can't comprehend not wanting to get behind it. It might not even be brilliant football but it is, currently, entertaining and we are scoring plenty of goals. 

It's social media that's ruined football. Everyone who went so hard in on Wagner are more interested in being online-right than simply supporting a team they claim to have an affiliation with.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No it shouldn't be relevant but it's the reality in my opinion. What I read on here and social media seems to be spilling over onto the terraces. Fans seem more intent on gloating they're are right on forums rather than actually celebrating a win for team, and some for the same reason want to see us lose.

Topic of the month is Wagner's substitutions which was the cause of last night's adverse fan reaction. What will be next?