nutty nigel

Is 31 points from the last 17 games...

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Two excellent posts. You have to be of really, really low intelligence and common sense to think booing subs and trying to create toxicity in a stadium where players are working hard, for the manager, and in play-off form, is the opposite of supporting your team and therefore you're not really a supporter.

Wagner might not be good enough. But he's shown over the past 17 games he might be. The team might not be good enough, but over the last 17 games they've shown they might be. But as fans I can't comprehend not wanting to get behind it. It might not even be brilliant football but it is, currently, entertaining and we are scoring plenty of goals. 

It's social media that's ruined football. Everyone who went so hard in on Wagner are more interested in being online-right than simply supporting a team they claim to have an affiliation with.

100%.

Thing is, I'm not even anti fans turning on a manager and getting him out, but only when it's deserved. At the end of Worthington's reign I was completely obsessed with how much I wanted rid of him - every game I was raging that he was still in charge. Ditto Roeder and Hamilton. I wanted Peter Grant and Bryan Gunn gone and was vocal about it - same with Alex Neill... but Wagner does not deserve the criticism he's getting. He's not perfect, but he's decent and he's had a tough run of injuries.

Plus I'm very much of the school of thought that you can't sack your way to success and you don't just bin people the minute they hit a sticky patch. The irony is a lot of the fans that were booing the subs last night were probably the same ones calling Sargent s**t when we signed him! They never learn that sometimes things take time and not to just write people off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Correct, this is what I think is actually going on

A patient 20% who are just waiting for eventual change, an indifferent and bloated day tripper class and a desperate fringe clasping to a drunk, past it TV cook from the 70s who they swear knows them and would totally come to a bbq if they asked them.

It really hurts you that we’re on a decent run doesn’t it? You’d much rather be sat in QPRs position so your complaints about the club would actually have merit 

18 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

It really hurts you that we’re on a decent run doesn’t it? You’d much rather be sat in QPRs position so your complaints about the club would actually have merit 

It’s a poor league outside those top 3 by previous championship standards and I think we’re in an elevated position but we are indeed picking up the points.

Somethings not quite right though. That deep defending to get that point from Southampton… that was just… disturbing. Something is just dead wrong.

My issues with the club are very much not on the pitch though really. What happens there happens. I think that even many of the 80%ers know that a few very simple changes would add rocket boots to our club and make us genuine contenders rather than putting up with these relics of the past on the board who’ve repeatedly failed.

I do feel sorry for Wagner. Webbers left, he’s on this weird run this season shambling from vanilla indifference to some of the worst football we’ve ever played interspersed with unbeaten runs. No money. All this baggage from fans that’s nothing to do with him really. It’s a big old mess and we’ve needed a clean slate for a long while now. It’s a shame some fans want to continuously keep and blend relics of failed past endeavours rather than cutting out the elements we know haven’t and don’t work.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Two excellent posts. You have to be of really, really low intelligence and common sense to think booing subs and trying to create toxicity in a stadium where players are working hard, for the manager, and in play-off form, is the opposite of supporting your team and therefore you're not really a supporter.

Wagner might not be good enough. But he's shown over the past 17 games he might be. The team might not be good enough, but over the last 17 games they've shown they might be. But as fans I can't comprehend not wanting to get behind it. It might not even be brilliant football but it is, currently, entertaining and we are scoring plenty of goals. 

It's social media that's ruined football. Everyone who went so hard in on Wagner are more interested in being online-right than simply supporting a team they claim to have an affiliation with.

Never known a season like it ! 

Fans booing louder now than when we were in terrible form ,

Delia and Wagner comments towards Fans 

yet will are still in a shout of play-offs

all the unrest at club and split between fans will be glad when this awful season is over 

48 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s a poor league outside those top 3 by previous championship standards and I think we’re in an elevated position but we are indeed picking up the points.

Somethings not quite right though. That deep defending to get that point from Southampton… that was just… disturbing. Something is just dead wrong.

My issues with the club are very much not on the pitch though really. What happens there happens. I think that even many of the 80%ers know that a few very simple changes would add rocket boots to our club and make us genuine contenders rather than putting up with these relics of the past on the board who’ve repeatedly failed.

I do feel sorry for Wagner. Webbers left, he’s on this weird run this season shambling from vanilla indifference to some of the worst football we’ve ever played interspersed with unbeaten runs. No money. All this baggage from fans that’s nothing to do with him really. It’s a big old mess and we’ve needed a clean slate for a long while now. It’s a shame some fans want to continuously keep and blend relics of failed past endeavours rather than cutting out the elements we know haven’t and don’t work.

Rubbish. I hear this trotted out every season about how poor the league is, especially if we’re not doing as well as expected. It’s no better or worse than it’s always been, moaning it’s poor quality is simply another excuse to berate the manager. Was the league poor quality the seasons we’ve been promoted, or does it only apply to the years we fail to do so?

You’re still complaining about earning a point against a side you’ve just stated is head and shoulders above the rest of a weak division? Do you not see the contradiction in those statements?

What are these very simple changes that you believe will guarantee promotion and harmony? Attanasio is essentially running the club now along with Knapper as far as I can see, Delia and MWJ have seemingly taken a back seat and will presumably sell their shares in the near future so what else do you want to see happen? If it’s glaringly obvious what changes need to happen then tell us.

If you believe this is some of the worst football we’ve ever played at Carrow Road I’ll wager you weren’t around weren’t here for the dross served up in the mid 90’s or for soulless games under Grant and Roeder when there wasn’t a bit of flair to be seen. We’re certainly horribly inconsistent at times and our defending has been poor since before Farke joined but it’s a tad hyperbolic to say a team sitting in 6th as I write this is the worst football we’ve seen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Rubbish. I hear this trotted out every season about how poor the league is, especially if we’re not doing as well as expected. It’s no better or worse than it’s always been, moaning it’s poor quality is simply another excuse to berate the manager. Was the league poor quality the seasons we’ve been promoted, or does it only apply to the years we fail to do so?

You’re still complaining about earning a point against a side you’ve just stated is head and shoulders above the rest of a weak division? Do you not see the contradiction in those statements?

What are these very simple changes that you believe will guarantee promotion and harmony? Attanasio is essentially running the club now along with Knapper as far as I can see, Delia and MWJ have seemingly taken a back seat and will presumably sell their shares in the near future so what else do you want to see happen? If it’s glaringly obvious what changes need to happen then tell us.

If you believe this is some of the worst football we’ve ever played at Carrow Road I’ll wager you weren’t around weren’t here for the dross served up in the mid 90’s or for soulless games under Grant and Roeder when there wasn’t a bit of flair to be seen. We’re certainly horribly inconsistent at times and our defending has been poor since before Farke joined but it’s a tad hyperbolic to say a team sitting in 6th as I write this is the worst football we’ve seen.

All I read in this post is acceptance. Acceptance of lowering standards, status quo. Just be quiet long enough and we might get a sugarlump.

There’s a cult of acceptance at this club and it runs very deep. It’s not what you accept now that concerns me, it’s what you’ll accept next.

We desperately need a clean so very clearly and that’s very easy to achieve. Delia and MWJ need to be gone and take the blood sucking board members that have crowded around them like vultures with them. If we don’t do this we can’t start the next chapter of this clubs story. We’re just in a holding pattern carrying baggage from the past.

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

All I read in this post is acceptance. Acceptance of lowering standards, status quo. Just be quiet long enough and we might get a sugarlump.

There’s a cult of acceptance at this club and it runs very deep. It’s not what you accept now that concerns me, it’s what you’ll accept next.

We desperately need a clean so very clearly and that’s very easy to achieve. Delia and MWJ need to be gone and take the blood sucking board members that have crowded around them like vultures with them. If we don’t do this we can’t start the next chapter of this clubs story. We’re just in a holding pattern carrying baggage from the past.

So that’s your grand plan for improving performances on the pitch and the atmosphere in the stands? An elderly couple (who seem to have little input in the day to day running these days and look to have already passed the baton to the yanks) selling their shares will automatically lead us to some magical Shangri-La? I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting miracles from you but I hoped for something slightly more substantial than that!

I always thought your ramblings were mainly for online attention seeking rather than based on any meaningful knowledge, and I think this proves I was correct with that assessment. It’s simply a collection of negative buzzwords that say nothing in particular.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

So that’s your grand plan for improving performances on the pitch and the atmosphere in the stands? An elderly couple (who seem to have little input in the day to day running these days and look to have already passed the baton to the yanks) selling their shares will automatically lead us to some magical Shangri-La? I’ll admit I wasn’t expecting miracles from you but I hoped for something slightly more substantial than that!

I always thought your ramblings were mainly for online attention seeking rather than based on any meaningful knowledge, and I think this proves I was correct with that assessment. It’s simply a collection of negative buzzwords that say nothing in particular.

“Look to have passed the baton to the Americans”

its embarrassing, thinking this is the way things should be done in business. They should be long gone and by hanging on they’ve sealed their fate. They could have walked away with little fuss but now it’s going to be jelly and ice cream when they finally scuttle away.

The club and the majority of fans need a clean slate of it’s a new leadership team. The board stinks of previous failure and they know it. We need a new direction and that starts with a new leadership team. This acceptance of past failures and wanting to cling on to the past, it’s sad.

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“Look to have passed the baton to the Americans”

its embarrassing, thinking this is the way things should be done in business. They should be long gone and by hanging on they’ve sealed their fate. They could have walked away with little fuss but now it’s going to be jelly and ice cream when they finally scuttle away.

The club and the majority of fans need a clean slate of it’s a new leadership team. The board stinks of previous failure and they know it. We need a new direction and that starts with a new leadership team. This acceptance of past failures and wanting to cling on to the past, it’s sad.

You just make the same point over and over and over again, albeit worded in a slightly different fashion each time, often irrespective of the topic actually being discussed. It’s incredibly monotonous.