KiwiScot

****The Official Lappinitup Match Thread - QPR v Norwich****

Positivity and ruthlessness to Loftus Road today. After a decent win against a determined Coventry we head to the basement where 3rd bottom QPR sit. They are attempting to get some form together with 7 points from 9, but lets not have them continue that, eh. The playoffs start now so tackle, head and knock them out and get the ball to Sargent to work his magic. QPR have brought in 5 players in the transfer window including Issac Hayden and Swiss striker Michael Frey. Frey has a decent record in Belgium, but nothing from a stint in Germany. Of course the QPR boss is hoping the home crowd and our away record will make us susceptible if they have a right go. "We have to make sure we go all in, front foot from the beginning." So lets put the foot on their challenge and win the game in the first half and pile it on in the 2nd. OTBC.

1.thumb.jpg.71ec6683a1012761889068181a1eeb52.jpg

News - Batth Out, Duffy Out(Calf), Rowe available, Knapper "We are Oven Premier League Ready", Rowe nominated for goal of the month. This Friday at the Lion&Castle(prebook) - Norwich in Munich Watchalong - Join Mark Bowen,Scott Howie,Bryan Gunn, Darren Eadie, Chris Sutton, Ian Crook, Jeremy Goss, Rob Newman and John Polston

Knapper reinforces clubs commitment to the academy and pathway to senior team - https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24103261.norwich-city-ben-knapper-interview-academy-pathway/

Match Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/preview/preview-qpr-vs-norwich-prediction-team-news-lineups_536210.html

Opponents Thread - https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2601246-qpr-v-norwich-match-thread

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Thanks 4

Bump, otherwise someone else will start a second match thread, and no-one needs that sort of chaos. 😱

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if McLean will be back in the defence? Or will it be Hanley and Gibson? Given both Duffy and Batth are out

Yes good question. If Hanley is fully fit I guess he has to start with Gibbo. Keep McLean and Sorensen as back-up. 

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes good question. If Hanley is fully fit I guess he has to start with Gibbo. Keep McLean and Sorensen as back-up. 

I would suggest using Kenny as a CB depends upon the opposition as the player himself, and the all-round changes involved in the move makes us a more potent outfit up front.

Normally QPR would qualify, but they seem on a run at the moment and need to be treated with conventional respect.

Wagner has said that GH is desperate to get back into the team. He deserves the opportunity for his past contributions and for the massive efforts he must have made getting back up to scratch.

Just be wary in the top seats of the Barclay should he look like he is about to attempt a headed goal from a corner.

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just be wary in the top seats of the Barclay should he look like he is about to attempt a headed goal from a corner.

He'd do well Broady... 100+ miles would be some feat 🤪

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if McLean will be back in the defence? Or will it be Hanley and Gibson? Given both Duffy and Batth are out

While we’re potentially one injury setback away from *having* to play KM or JS at CB again; I’d keep Kenny in midfield and get Hanley in today anyway. We have to field our best team possible and for me, that’s with Hanley at the back. 

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

He'd do well Broady... 100+ miles would be some feat 🤪

Oh yes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Batth is in contention according to the presser. Would still expect Hanley and Gibson to start, though.

Hanley straight swap for Duffy and I would start McCallum, who I think took his chance when Dimi was out and has played his way in. Rowe back in for Fassnacht, the latter didn't do much wrong but if JR is fit, he plays. Sainz - Sargent - Rowe is a very exciting prospect.

Feel like Wagner may start Barnes though, which would mean Nunez on the bench.

6 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Really hope he does it the other way round, which worked so well against Cov. Like the idea of Barnes on the pitch for the last half-hour, especially away from home. If shīthousery is needed, he's the man.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surely McLean only plays CB when Gibson is out as he is better on the left hand position than any of the available right footed players.  I would be surprised if it is anyone but Hanley and Gibson at the back.

• Like 1

It is Wagner's usual MO that Rowe will start on the bench. He never throws a player straight into the starting line up after an injury break. He'll come on and score mind! 😉 

20 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Looks like Kenny, Borja and Jonny are off to Vegas.

Screenshot_20240210-114204~2.png

I Think Idah could make a good field goal kicker as most of his go over the bar 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

It is Wagner's usual MO that Rowe will start on the bench. He never throws a player straight into the starting line up after an injury break.

Good predictive skills, both. Please let me know the final score, so I can get a bet on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Wagner has decided to go with starting Barnes rather than introducing him after an hour as he did in the previous game. Let's see if it turns out to be the right decision.

Edited by canarybubbles

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

So Wagner has decided to go with starting Barnes rather than introducing him after an hour as he did in the previous game. Let's see if it's the right decision.

I think Barnes is the new Idah, ok coming off the bench but awful when starting, not sure he has the legs to play against opponents that are still fresh. 

There, I've slagged him off, hattrick incoming 😃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

So Wagner has decided to go with starting Barnes rather than introducing him after an hour as he did in the previous game. Let's see if it's the right decision.

It seems Barnes and Sargent work well together so it is said so lets see. Still early days for   Hojoonk

Just now, Mike w said:

It seems Barnes and Sargent work well together so it is said so lets see. Still early days for   Hojoonk

Early days for who?? 😃

Really don’t like not seeing Nunez in the starting 11.. seems Wagner can’t find a way to play him, or militant about not dropping Kenny. Or Sara, for that matter.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

26 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Another loan signing keeping the bench warm! Why does Wagner continually do this? 

Almost like he was brought in two be a second choice striker to replace Idah or something

Clearly he's decided to start with a slightly weakened team so that he can bring on some quality from the bench. Not a terrible idea.

• Like 1

Wagner tactical genuis?   don't think so.

• Like 1