2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Judging by that video, the standard of defending in the Eridivese looks pretty awful. I hope he does well for us, but I can't see him making a huge difference or a regular starter for us. We'll see......

The Eredivisie always has a high number of goals which often inflates goalscoring records. van Hooijdonk scored plenty so it's still a good record, however. 

Apparently, Celtic don't have a buy option inserted into this deal, whereas we do with SVH. I thought they did have, initially. 

Best thing for all parties, then, is that Idah does really well while on loan and we drive his value up further. The amount we're asking for to buy (purportedly 8-10 million euro) may have put Celtic off having that option in the deal. 

With a shot accuracy of 25% this season , there is every likelihood that this guy could bring our striker stats to unprecedented depths.

The ghost of Van Wolfswinkel (sp?) may yet be usurped…..

I find the best way to view NCFC signings is to remain extremely underwhelmed, to reduce deeper disappointment on the actual evidence.

Sid better hit the ground running otherwise it seems a waste of time.

Hopefully he can add value to us, but just feels we are developing someone else's player.

Just decided to have a look at FC 24 stats. Obviously, I'm not saying they're the Goatherder's Guide to the Galaxy (some of you might call it the Bible) re. stats but you never know. SvH (Shakin' vat Head) looks like he might be better.

image.thumb.png.9d41dbb7498eb956aeccfcf69780ab1f.pngimage.thumb.png.7aa01e31d714624bec7825916e88e695.png

21 minutes ago, unique said:

With a shot accuracy of 25% this season , there is every likelihood that this guy could bring our striker stats to unprecedented depths.

The ghost of Van Wolfswinkel (sp?) may yet be usurped…..

I find the best way to view NCFC signings is to remain extremely underwhelmed, to reduce deeper disappointment on the actual evidence.

In a different league in a different country 

5 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

In a different league in a different country 

It’s quite bizarre how it comes across that some are keen for signings to be poor.  As ever, I’ll hope he’s good and formulate my opinion from what I see on the pitch over a couple of games.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s quite bizarre how it comes across that some are keen for signings to be poor.  As ever, I’ll hope he’s good and formulate my opinion from what I see on the pitch over a couple of games.

Of course there will be some who because he has an exotic name will think he’s the best thing since sliced bread but equally some who are out to slate the club at every opportunity to cast doubt on signings. 

Pukki had a less than favourable record before joining us 

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

As ever, I’ll hope he’s good and formulate my opinion from what I see on the pitch over a couple of games.

Giving away your age now Branston with such a ridiculous outdated way of viewing football and footballers as it is all about the stats these days.

• Haha 2

I like that shirt. Yellow and green up top with white shorts for a change.

Not that I'd buy one.

mm.jpg

Looks just the ticket, big unit who can score! Hopefully an improvement on Barnes.

Hope Idah can find form and bang a few in for Celtic.

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

Looks just the ticket, big unit who can score! Hopefully an improvement on Barnes.

Hope Idah can find form and bang a few in for Celtic.

Barnes offers a different role, VH will be more the Sargent type by the looks of it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Judging by that video, the standard of defending in the Eridivese looks pretty awful. I hope he does well for us, but I can't see him making a huge difference or a regular starter for us. We'll see......

Yeah, which was the point many levelled at you when you used similar videos to defend RvW, so I'm struggling with your lack of consistency here....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sid better hit the ground running otherwise it seems a waste of time.

Hopefully he can add value to us, but just feels we are developing someone else's player.

..........like Jonny Rowe then 😞

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just decided to have a look at FC 24 stats. Obviously, I'm not saying they're the Goatherder's Guide to the Galaxy (some of you might call it the Bible) re. stats but you never know. SvH (Shakin' vat Head) looks like he might be better.

image.thumb.png.9d41dbb7498eb956aeccfcf69780ab1f.pngimage.thumb.png.7aa01e31d714624bec7825916e88e695.png

If your going to do a computer game analysis then the only way to go is FM.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, which was the point many levelled at you when you used similar videos to defend RvW, so I'm struggling with your lack of consistency here....

Tin hat on...

RvW was a quality striker who we completely mis used.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Tin hat on...

You need far more than a tin hat if that's your opening gambit, maybe something more like: 

Biggest helmet I've ever seen : r/CyclingFashion

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

We all do it 😂😂

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

RVW was in Portugal, not the Netherlands - and his quality of finishing in the videos that came out of Portugal was far better than what is on show in this video.

If the rumours are true and van Hooijdonk is coming on loan with an option to buy while Idah goes to Celtic on loan without the option to buy I think it is a great idea 

If Adam does well he comes back here still on a long contract and we can either keep him or cash in with hopefully Celtic facing a bit of a bidding war

If van H comes good we can buy

If van H is useless we just send back 

If Adam fails then at least we have a better idea of his potential 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Tin hat on...

Not a widely-viewed opinion but........I tend to agree.

He was never a lone striker type and needed a target man to feed off ..............something which the then-incumbent regime singularly failed to grasp 🤨

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

RVW was in Portugal, not the Netherlands - and his quality of finishing in the videos that came out of Portugal was far better than what is on show in this video.

He did both. Holland after us. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You need far more than a tin hat if that's your opening gambit, maybe something more like: 

Biggest helmet I've ever seen : r/CyclingFashion

Fair 😄

4 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:
58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He did both. Holland after us. 

Yes, but my supporting RVW as a decent striker for us was based on the evidence from before he was with us.

I think SVH is more likely to be a Sarge replacement in summer, than Idah replacement.   If we don't make playoffs, that is.

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

Not a widely-viewed opinion but........I tend to agree.

He was never a lone striker type and needed a target man to feed off ..............something which the then-incumbent regime singularly failed to grasp 🤨

I blame Webber.

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think SVH is more likely to be a Sarge replacement in summer, than Idah replacement.   If we don't make playoffs, that is.

Yeah I agree.

I see a situation whereby Sargent gets a lot of interest in the summer. I’d be shocked if he started next season with us in the Champs.

7 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

So would I because he'll be starting for us in the EPL, won't he?

We need more of these posts!! COME ON!!!! :classic_biggrin:

23 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I blame Webber.

........or our scouting network 🙄