TIL 1010

SHINE A LIGHT AT HULL ON FRIDAY.

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

Oh look at me, I am important I am. That phone protest, that was me that was. I started that, I did.

Totally unacceptable. You're talking about someone who loves our club and has been travelling all over the country for 50+ years supporting Norwich City. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes but if you do that we play at our best the first 20 minutes before we concede and go rapidly downhill in performance! Can we do this after 20 minutes a mass walk out to the bars?

The problem with this is, some people may not participate if for example we are playing well and conversely if we're to concede it can easily be construed as a protest purely against Wagner. Doesn't even have to be 20 mins (although clearly aimed at the 20% comment) even 10 minutes would be enough to get the point across. 

>No OTBC before the game

>Pictures of swathes of empty seats in the press from kick off

And you'll have to forgive me its been a while since I went anywhere else in the ground but in the Barclay you would be able to enter as normal and watch the first 10 minutes albeit on the TV in the bar area.  

11 minutes ago, howzer14 said:

The problem with this is, some people may not participate if for example we are playing well and conversely if we're to concede it can easily be construed as a protest purely against Wagner. Doesn't even have to be 20 mins (although clearly aimed at the 20% comment) even 10 minutes would be enough to get the point across. 

>No OTBC before the game

>Pictures of swathes of empty seats in the press from kick off

And you'll have to forgive me its been a while since I went anywhere else in the ground but in the Barclay you would be able to enter as normal and watch the first 10 minutes albeit on the TV in the bar area.  

I hardly ever sing this now, my way of a protest. 

3-2-1 then silence would be a pretty powerful message.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I hardly ever sing this now, my way of a protest. 

3-2-1 then silence would be a pretty powerful message.

3-2-1 then some of our players don’t bother either! Perhaps it’s their message too?

• Haha 1

Edited by Monty13
My reading comprehension sucks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Necessary?

Edited by Cityfc2

I think it's a great way of getting a point across, but i'm not sure what point it's making?

I don't think Delia herself is going to be too happy with how things look right now, and neither am I.  However, I also don't feel or want to be part of the 20% who can't support the current squad, coach or board because of this.

I think it needs to be clear what this is about, because it goes without saying that the vast majority supporters expect better based on our previous seasons under Webber and Farke at this level.

There's a new sporting director in place who will be making changes over the coming months, and there's new ownership in play too. 

All I can think this sends out is a message that we can't wait for these things, and want them now - am I right in that assumption? 

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RobJames said:

Oh look at me, I am important I am. That phone protest, that was me that was. I started that, I did.

Says the Ostrich!

• Like 2

Why is this protest aimed at two women?

Surely Attanasio and Knapper are the decision makers now?

Let love shine a light :classic_love:

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

Hopefully will get the majority join in and be picked up and commented on by the TV commentators.

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why is this protest aimed at two women?

Surely Attanasio and Knapper are the decision makers now?

Let love shine a light :classic_love:

has MWJ got away with it again without being mentioned ? and from you Nutty !!

I’ve got far too much dignity to do something this pathetic. If I want change I’ll shout, sing and swear like a normal football fan rather than wave a phone around like a teenage girl at a Taylor Swift concert.

I can just imagine the fear in the Directors box when they see a few sad case's shining a torch at them 

Dissatisfion takes many forms. I’m not impressed with the approach of many of our fan base for instance to our current challenges. I think the average employee of the company should be paid more, and the players and executives less - what due I do? Is that lack of ambition. I’ll get me sheet. 

11 hours ago, Google Bot said:

………..There's a new sporting director in place who will be making changes over the coming months, and there's new ownership in play too. 

All I can think this sends out is a message that we can't wait for these things, and want them now - am I right in that assumption? 

Nail. Head.

22 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Time for some positive action and let Delia, Zoe Webber and the rest of the decision makers at Carrow Road know the fans are unhappy without the need to boo whilst the game is being played so.......

In the 20th minute to signify that it is far more than 20% who feel ill at ease with the state of the club turn on your phone torches and point them towards the directors box. A short sharp notification exercise.

Good idea however if it’s anything like the 20% you’re having a laugh song that only the snake pit sing we’re in trouble 

11 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I think it's a great way of getting a point across, but i'm not sure what point it's making?

I don't think Delia herself is going to be too happy with how things look right now, and neither am I.  However, I also don't feel or want to be part of the 20% who can't support the current squad, coach or board because of this.

I think it needs to be clear what this is about, because it goes without saying that the vast majority supporters expect better based on our previous seasons under Webber and Farke at this level.

There's a new sporting director in place who will be making changes over the coming months, and there's new ownership in play too. 

Neither do I want to be part of the 20%, however I've booed the players chanted I Want Wagner Out so I guess that makes me one of them and Delia has classed me as a Whinger. Fine, I can live that. I'm not a hypocrit so I'm not pretending to be an 80% er unlike some on here who smugly look down their noses at 'the Whingers'.

I suspect the phone torch thing will look well naff and the Hull fans will take the p1ss.

And yes I want change now. There's no reason why we cannot see an immediate improvement on the pitch, hopefully with a new Head Coach.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

And yes I want change now. There's no reason why we cannot see an immediate improvement on the pitch, hopefully with a new Head Coach.

There should be improvement now we've got players back.

The problem Knapper faces in regards to changing coach is that if he wants to get this right and bring in a longterm appointment that suits his desires to return us back to a footballing team again then the playing staff are the wrong sort.  Most of them can't even pass, and player like Rowe are notorious for just running into defenders - because that's his game to approach things more akin to brute forcing his way through the defence.

So there's a lot of changes that would need to be made, and what happens to the new coach in the interim who tries to get this lot playing football and holding possession?  I think it'd be a disaster, as we allowed so much of our technically gifted players to walk out as they had no desire to extend contract, go on loan or sold.

I think the blame has to lay at Webber's feet for most of this predicament, and really it's down to the individual on whether they now move further up the ladder and put blame into the current owners for putting so much trust into the guy.   And on top of that, we really don't know the true financial state of the club and what kind of budgets they have for new players, firing and hiring coaches, and how many rolls of the dice Knapper has.

Honestly, I think people need to just be patient and see how things pan out now key players are back to fitness.  Everything else is moving in the background regardless on how much we moan or boo - I just can't see anything positive coming from that.

In fact, a forced change to appease the fans is one of the worst decisions we made as a club in regards to Farke, and exactly why we're in this position today.  We have to give Knapper time, and the point Delia is making is please support the club in this period, they know it's not been great as they're in the stands watching themselves.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There should be improvement now we've got players back.

The problem Knapper faces in regards to changing coach is that if he wants to get this right and bring in a longterm appointment that suits his desires to return us back to a footballing team again then the playing staff are the wrong sort.  Most of them can't even pass, and player like Rowe are notorious for just running into defenders - because that's his game to approach things more akin to brute forcing his way through the defence.

So there's a lot of changes that would need to be made, and what happens to the new coach in the interim who tries to get this lot playing football and holding possession?  I think it'd be a disaster, as we allowed so much of our technically gifted players to walk out as they had no desire to extend contract, go on loan or sold.

I think the blame has to lay at Webber's feet for most of this predicament, and really it's down to the individual on whether they now move further up the ladder and put blame into the current owners for putting so much trust into the guy.   And on top of that, we really don't know the true financial state of the club and what kind of budgets they have for new players, firing and hiring coaches, and how many rolls of the dice Knapper has.

Honestly, I think people need to just be patient and see how things pan out now key players are back to fitness.  Everything else is moving in the background regardless on how much we moan or boo - I just can't see anything positive coming from that.

In fact, a forced change to appease the fans is one of the worst decisions we made as a club in regards to Farke, and exactly why we're in this position today.  We have to give Knapper time, and the point Delia is making is please support the club in this period, they know it's not been great as they're in the stands watching themselves.

All good points. 

I think the problem is Wagner is being talked-about in almost third person, a Head Coach who will inevitably be replaced. I can't square that in my head though as a good way to move forward. The danger is we spiral downwards even further, the atmosphere becomes even more toxic and the likes of Sargent, Sara and Rowe can't wait to get out.

But as you say we now have a full strength squad, back to where we were at the start of the season. We start again at Hull on Friday and hopefully we see the style and form we started the season with, minus the silly errors.

16 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Totally unacceptable. You're talking about someone who loves our club and has been travelling all over the country for 50+ years supporting Norwich City. 

Mr James seems a very angry man... Great idea on the light Tilly.. as a great sporting director once said...ignore the noise :0)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Indy said:

3-2-1 then some of our players don’t bother either! Perhaps it’s their message too?

Am I the only one who thinks it's cringe that they count us in for OTBC. I'm pretty sure most of the crowd would sing it on kick off without the prompt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Any recommendations for a pre-match pie and a pint, is a pre-match meet up planned?

Walk towards the light.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the problem is Wagner is being talked-about in almost third person, a Head Coach who will inevitably be replaced.

This is true, but football is so fickle.  If we turn back to how we were playing opening games of the season and start going at teams with aggression once more I think most will change their opinions again.

It's very easy to only concentrate on the negatives, but there are still lots of positives.  I think for many people the damage has been done, either through what Webber has said, Delia has said, or just through envy of teams like what Brentford have achieved, then you have Luton punching well, Ipswich doing well.

There's a lot of external factors at play here and I think the squad and coach are on the end of a lot of those frustrations.  For many they still see Wagner as Webber's mate and want him out on that basis.  It's almost like a bad taste they're trying to shift before they can fall back in love with the club again.