Rhino1

Do the boo boys believe they are helping our club?

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Still makes me cringe that she came out with that at the AGM. Such a rank piece of bad PR.

That’s what happens when the wine kicks in, I should know. 

I am truely bewildered as to why 20,000+ people keep turning up game after game to watch this rubbish.

Be daring and find a new, more exciting way the spend a Saturday afternoon.

Something like fishing perhaps

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Still makes me cringe that she came out with that at the AGM. Such a rank piece of bad PR.

Yes, very poorly timed comments unfortunately. Obviously out of frustration but still it would have been better to have refrained rather than attack.

40 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

I cannot believe the utter turd coming from an increasing number of Norwich fans. Their ignorance of where the reality is for Norwich, is myopic to say the least! Limited funds, limited quality and a fan base with immature short term unrealistic expectations! The constant knocking of the manager does not help anyone, and just adds unnecessary pressure on the team and club, as a result of non realistic expectations ! Constant change because we don’t deliver for a few games will push us further in the mire rather than reaching for the stars!! The grass isn’t greener!!! Grow up band of boo boys! 

The happy Clappers are the ones not helping our club! 

Only booing was at full time today. And booooooooooooo

Boooooo

Booooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Every year we're told how there's going to be a mass exodus, fans will vote with their feet... yet we consistently sell 20,000+ season tickets, year in year out.

Yep we probably will , but people on here want the 20 percent replaced with new blood,  so what went wrong today , anyone could of had a ticket. Mind you that waiting list has virtually gone .

I'm what Buh would term a '80%er' because I don't endless hate every aspect of the club. Happy that way also, I don't feel the club owes me anything.

However, today was rank. The side we put out shouldn't look too out-of-place in the Championship and there's a good argument that one team looked a level up and it wasn't us. Baffling that we continue deploying the same ideas. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I would suggest that today's performance may prevent a number of the 'new fans' from returning again in the future. 

Yep , a chance blown . I would of thought a cup run could change the fans back to being positive and give them some excitement,  if I was the board I would play our strongest team in the away game and rest them in the league, That's already gone .

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Trouble is her 80 % are the silent ones in the ground, probably the ones you sat with today , was there any atmosphere today ? 

Just now, Mason 47 said:

I'm what Buh would term a '80%er' because I don't endless hate every aspect of the club. Happy that way also, I don't feel the club owes me anything.

However, today was rank. The side we put out shouldn't look too out-of-place in the Championship and there's a good argument that one team looked a level up and it wasn't us. Baffling that we continue deploying the same ideas. 

I’m much the same - I don’t think we are entitled to anything and need to work hard for it; we’ve been far worse and I’ll continue to support the team.  But for whatever reason, we just don’t seem to be producing anything of the style of play we were promised/saw in those first few games under Wagner - it’s just turned into a pedestrian and predictable plod.  I’m all for a passing style but it doesn’t have to be so interminably slow and backwards as often as not.

48 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

I cannot believe the utter turd coming from an increasing number of Norwich fans. Their ignorance of where the reality is for Norwich, is myopic to say the least! Limited funds, limited quality and a fan base with immature short term unrealistic expectations! The constant knocking of the manager does not help anyone, and just adds unnecessary pressure on the team and club, as a result of non realistic expectations ! Constant change because we don’t deliver for a few games will push us further in the mire rather than reaching for the stars!! The grass isn’t greener!!! Grow up band of boo boys! 

Oh happy clapper strikes again. If you pays ya money you expect something decent for it, not the dross and crap that is being put forward at present. Everyone has a voice and it's their choice how they use it,it's not being unrealistic to actually be playing better and be higher than we are,to me that is just being realistic. 

As for turd your comments certainly are

56 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

As satire goes, this needs a little work. 

23 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

I am truely bewildered as to why 20,000+ people keep turning up game after game to watch this rubbish.

Be daring and find a new, more exciting way the spend a Saturday afternoon.

Something like fishing perhaps

They pays their money so their choice,if not happy then they have the right to voice their opinion. You may not like it but their choice

1 minute ago, Cityfc2 said:

They pays their money so their choice,if not happy then they have the right to voice their opinion. You may not like it but their choice

I think you have misunderstood my comment

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

Couple of questions for you. 
1) at what point does criticism of the club become being a boo boy? 
2) do you agree with every decision the club makes? If not how would you voice your disagreement on an issue? 

counters to some of your points 

1) 2 of the last three seasons at this level we have won the league. How is it unrealistic to expect to be challenging for promotion? 
2) We have the 5th highest wage budget in the league so while we have not spent much on transfers I feel it’s not correct that we have limited funds when compared to others at our level as we pay more in wages than a vast majority of the league. 
3) no one is asking for constant change. Just change from what is currently on offer. Had the people in charge of the club made a better appointment in the first instance no one would be asking for a change of manager. 

9 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Trouble is her 80 % are the silent ones in the ground, probably the ones you sat with today , was there any atmosphere today ? 

Very little atmosphere. I'd say that at the majority of grounds, 80% of the home fans are largely quiet and 20% generate the atmosphere. And there's usually less atmosphere at cup matches as more casual fans go, and attendances are generally lower.

I don't think it's necessarily true that the supposed 20% of 'bad' fans are noisy and the 80% of 'nice' fans are quiet. The whole 80/20 thing is so dumb anyway; yes, there is a small percentage of 'boo boys' who find fault with absolutely everything, but there is also a huge number of largely moderate fans with genuine concerns about the way the club is being run (and I include myself in that bracket).

Reducing it to a binary 'good fan/bad fan' thing and putting a number on it was a really dumb play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

The booing sounded a lot louder than 20% today. As did the shouts of 'Boring!'

It might have been louder, but the quality of the booing was really poor:

The booing at the back of the stand was indecisive and pretty pointless - booing from left to right then back again with little idea about how to get the booing moving forward.

The booing in the middle of the stand was pretty non-existent to be fair - any booing coming into the middle from the back seemed to be shoved forward with little creative input from the boo-ers in the middle, and any booing coming backwards from the front was pretty much allowed just to go straight through to the back without any resistance.

The booing at front was fast and exciting on one or two occasions, but too often was uncontrolled and wild and on one occasion the easiest boo in the world was just allowed to fall out of the stand onto the pretty pointless grassy bit in front.

Overall, there are only a couple of boo-ers who are any good at all, and the rest of them don't seem to know, or don't seem to have been told, how to boo together. I suspect at least one or two of them don't even know what 'boo' is or how to spell it.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah I was there mate, but in the Jarrold where there was very little atmosphere of any sort. I did acknowledge at the end of my post that the lack of excitement on the pitch doesn't exactly incentivise the fans to get behind the team. It just surprises me that the vocal fans in the Barclay/Snakepit are more interested in having a dig at the manager than trying to help us win the match. As I said, if we were losing I could understand it, and I totally respect their right to give Wagner pelters on the full-time whistle.

maybe that is because they realise long term persisting with Wagner is a pointless exercise.  It wont be long before Knapper starts getting grief too.  His Invisible Man routine is as woeful as Wagners tactics and selections.  He was subject to some abuse from the City Stand at the end of the game and looks a gormless out of his depth  rabbit in the headlights

1 minute ago, City Stand Ultra said:

maybe that is because they realise long term persisting with Wagner is a pointless exercise.  It wont be long before Knapper starts getting grief too.  His Invisible Man routine is as woeful as Wagners tactics and selections.  He was subject to some abuse from the City Stand at the end of the game and looks a gormless out of his depth  rabbit in the headlights

I think that's a bit childish. What do you want him to do, squint his eyes and stroke his chin like an evil genius?

I do think we need to hear from him though, and soon, about what his plans are and why he is persisting with Wagner when the football and results are so bang average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It was the quid kids who were booing. 

It was many adults around me who didn't even watch the full game, from my direct observation actually 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Very little atmosphere. I'd say that at the majority of grounds, 80% of the home fans are largely quiet and 20% generate the atmosphere. And there's usually less atmosphere at cup matches as more casual fans go, and attendances are generally lower.

I don't think it's necessarily true that the supposed 20% of 'bad' fans are noisy and the 80% of 'nice' fans are quiet. The whole 80/20 thing is so dumb anyway; yes, there is a small percentage of 'boo boys' who find fault with absolutely everything, but there is also a huge number of largely moderate fans with genuine concerns about the way the club is being run (and I include myself in that bracket).

Reducing it to a binary 'good fan/bad fan' thing and putting a number on it was a really dumb play.

Unfortunate words from Delia has split the support more than ever. The split on this forum is expected as it is a place for discussion. At board level they should never mention supporters in a negative sense. A bit of honesty goes a long way. If things aren't great on the pitch, have some empathy with those who attend. 

• Like 1

Wagner had a chance to reset today. Yet the first 5 minutes the side were set up the same as for Southampton - against a L1 team! Our goal came eaely, granted, but from a lump up the wing.

Thereafter you'd think we'd have gained confidence to take the game by the scruff of the neck. But no, back to rope a dope tactics again. Alright for a potential giant killer, but not for a home side "banker".

In the end the crowd were not invited to engage at all, so no wonder they didn't get behind the side. Mind, the booing was left to the end of each half. Sure the "Wagner Out" chants did start in match but not until we'd had about 15 minutes of total turgid football in the middle of the 2nd half.

Given comments made by a certain board member have given negativity in the ground a proper handle, I'm struggling to see why the OP is pissed off with things. The disconnect lies at the Board's door, they have to do something to reconnect. 

All things considered I thought the crowd were quite patient again, especially after NYD's performance. The OP fails to recognise this patience, the majority have lost it now. The crowd has turned.

• Like 1

She was really suggesting there are 80% of fans who are on board with the decisions the board are taking. Which I think we all know is utter nonsense. If anything it’s the other way around but I think you’d struggle to find even 20% who think Wagner should still be in post. 

12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Wagner had a chance to reset today. Yet the first 5 minutes the side were set up the same as for Southampton - against a L1 team! Our goal came eaely, granted, but from a lump up the wing.

Thereafter you'd think we'd have gained confidence to take the game by the scruff of the neck. But no, back to rope a dope tactics again. Alright for a potential giant killer, but not for a home side "banker".

In the end the crowd were not invited to engage at all, so no wonder they didn't get behind the side. Mind, the booing was left to the end of each half. Sure the "Wagner Out" chants did start in match but not until we'd had about 15 minutes of total turgid football in the middle of the 2nd half.

Given comments made by a certain board member have given negativity in the ground a proper handle, I'm struggling to see why the OP is pissed off with things. The disconnect lies at the Board's door, they have to do something to reconnect. 

All things considered I thought the crowd were quite patient again, especially after NYD's performance. The OP fails to recognise this patience, the majority have lost it now. The crowd has turned.

Not sure I fully agree. We weren’t set up as per Southampton. But we were set up in his ridiculous, outdated 4-4-2 formation that sees us surrender midfield and means we never have adequate control of any game. 

1 hour ago, stratton canary said:

Yes,  & Delia loves 80% of them! 

#Drinkaware ( or not as the case may be )

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You “Boo Boys” are a disgrace! You should just be grateful that you are allowed to bask in the tactical GENIUS that is Wagner! The man is absolutely brilliant, witness today’s exceptional performance at home against the lower league Bristol Rovers and their team of world class players. We held them at home to a draw by passing square or backwards at every opportunity and thus stunning the opposition into a comatose state. Did you see the way Wagner yanked Sargent off at half time , the only Norwich player who seemed like he wanted to win the game? Genius! And then the second half where he forced our players to make no serious effort to put the ball near the opposition goal? Unbelievably excellent motivation of the squad. Stop whinging and accept that we are fortunate to have Wagner guiding our team to success, he is a GENIUS!

Edited by kenfoggo

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

She was really suggesting there are 80% of fans who are on board with the decisions the board are taking. Which I think we all know is utter nonsense. If anything it’s the other way around but I think you’d struggle to find even 20% who think Wagner should still be in post. 

My whole point is that it's not a binary thing, so making it so with the 80/20 comment was very daft. If anything, I'd say that probably around 80% of fans are smart enough to be able to see both sides of the coin, and criticise for some things while praising for others. You'll always have a small percentage of full-on happy clappers and full-on nappy crappers, but most fans are somewhere in the middle third of the dichotomy, I'd imagine.

And yes, I doubt that 20% of our fans actively want Wagner to remain as manager. As I've said elsewhere, I would tolerate him staying here until the end of the season as long as Knapper outlines a clear vision for the future and as long as results don't fall off a cliff. But if he does see out the season, the new head coach will then need to be an impressive signing and we'll need a very strong summer transfer window to assuage the fans.

My hunch is that, unless we see impressive performances and results in our next three league matches (which looks very unlikely on current form), Knapper will cut him loose before the season ticket prices/renewals are announced. With the cost-of-living crisis and the first time in donkey's years that we've had two stagnant mid-table seasons back-to-back, I think the club are concerned that they might lose a lot more renewals than usual.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Unfortunate words from Delia has split the support more than ever. The split on this forum is expected as it is a place for discussion. At board level they should never mention supporters in a negative sense. A bit of honesty goes a long way. If things aren't great on the pitch, have some empathy with those who attend. 

I think those words will haunt her until she leaves, possibly longer. It's split the fanbase and it gets worse by the week.

On here the 80& ers think they are good little soldiers, better than the 20%, better supporters. Their smugness is looking a bit silly now as Wagner continues to dig himself into a hole. After those remarks Smith badly needed Wagner to come good, to marginalise the 20% ers even more, unfortunately it hasn't happened, it wasn't ever going to happen, because he isn't very good.

Inside the ground you can feel the '20% ers' getting agitated, they boo, they moan. The '80% ers' well they just sit there, do nothing, say nothing. It's a mess really.