Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

January window.

33 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Matos (who left us in the summer) has gone on loan to Huddersfield for the rest of the season

That'll be interesting to keep an eye on. Maybe might answer how a player makes such quick progression elsewhere when compared to here.

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

That'll be interesting to keep an eye on. Maybe might answer how a player makes such quick progression elsewhere when compared to here.

To be fair I think the reason we never saw him in the first team here was mainly down to the fact he wasn't signing a contract. Maybe he was demanding more than we thought he was worth but it makes sense that we weren't going to push a player who could be leaving for free so soon.

• Like 1

Matos has to be careful he doesn't go the way of Alex Kiwomya, my daughters pal, who signed for Chelsea youth at 14, was in their youth team that lost to us in the FA Youth Cup final, appeared on the bench for their first team a few times at 18 and represented England from U16 through U19, but then went out on loan to the likes of Barnsley, Fleetwood, Crewe before signing for Doncaster, then Chesterfield, Kings Lynn and now plies his trade at Stalybridge Celtic and is only 27. Kiwomya had a father and uncle who had what in hindsight were better FL careers, after blossoming late. 

Matos needs to keep his feet on the ground. 

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So what do you 

1. expect to see this January 

2. hope to see this January 

3. hope not to see this January 

1. Yet more bloody rain

2. Plenty of sunshine with temperatures in the 60's at least

3.Snow 

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's made this "quick progression" by going to a team below us in the League who we've already played and beaten twice????????

5 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Boro about to complete permanent signing of Finn Azaz from Villa (currently at Plymouth on loan) - great signing, and the sort I’d like us to make.

Plymouth seem to be losing a lot of players. I know that they're not exactly a rich club but wonder if there's some issues behind the scenes

8 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

1. Quality new additions. Perm and loan signings to push on.

2. I hope to see Susanna Reid Naked 

3.I dont want to see The Real Buh

You brought out the dirty old man in me and made me Google Susanna Reid. I concur wholeheartedly.

I'll see your bid and raise you with Voice actor Tara Strong.

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Plymouth seem to be losing a lot of players. I know that they're not exactly a rich club but wonder if there's some issues behind the scenes

Who else have they lost?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They didn't seem to put up a fight over Schumacher's departure, have been in no great rush to replace him. It adds up to potential financial issues?

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Dodgy source but who doesn't love a random rumor. 

FB_IMG_1704390625060.jpg

The last Canadian we had was decent! Hopefully he can bring me some Raptors merchandise!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Rumour has it Luke Cundle is being recalled to be sold

To us? Please tell me to us!! He'd do a job in the middle! 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Dodgy source but who doesn't love a random rumor. 

FB_IMG_1704390625060.jpg

No way in the world that's a real name. Who else are we signing? Box to box midfielder Godfrey Goodengine? 

Edited by Robert N. LiM

7 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

No way in the world that's a real name. Who else are we signing? Box to box midfielder Godfrey Goodengine? 

Seems to be very real 🤣

Screenshot_20240104-182745.png

Djed Spence has returned to Spurs from Leeds. Surely worth us making an approach for loan to end of the season 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Seems to be very real 🤣

Screenshot_20240104-182745.png

Never heard of him but is right age and free worth a look 

Barnes Idah and Hwang are not great Goal scorers this lad has 1 in 3 in his league which is not strongest i know 

we need goal scorers not  a well he presses a lot and runs a lot and does a lot of work striker but does not score

but a goal scoring striker i would be interested 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Barnes Idah and Hwang are not great Goal scorers this lad has 1 in 3 in his league which is not strongest i know 

we need goal scorers not  a well he presses a lot and runs a lot and does a lot of work striker but does not score

Sargent off then? 

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Sargent off then? 

no why Sargent off ? he is the only Striker we have that might score us enough goals for any success Hwang and Barnes will not 

Idah might if given a loan to sharpen up but he is not young now 

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Sargent off then? 

I’d personally honestly rather lose any other player, and yes that includes Sara and Rowe. 

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I’d personally honestly rather lose any other player, and yes that includes Sara and Rowe. 

Agreed. 

Sarge will gain cult hero status, and can help re-galvanise the club. I really hope he’s here next season and stays fit. 

10 hours ago, Tommo said:

Djed Spence has returned to Spurs from Leeds. Surely worth us making an approach for loan to end of the season 

Farke is due to explain today why he's been sent back, he won't be missed.

13 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Idah is averaging 1 in 3 this season.

• Like 1

Surprised we would be looking for a striker but if he's without club....

Hwang won't be here next season and Barnes will be 35 (!!) so if the data crunchers think he has more going for him than what we already have on the books then could be worth a punt.

49 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Surprised we would be looking for a striker but if he's without club....

Hwang won't be here next season and Barnes will be 35 (!!) so if the data crunchers think he has more going for him than what we already have on the books then could be worth a punt.

Why wouldn't we be looking for a striker. We can never have too many and the ones that we have (Sargent possibly excepted) are currently not up to the job. 

Notice the noisy neighbours have been fairly decisive in bringing in a couple of players on loan.

I get the sense that we will be very quiet in this window other than bosmans or younger players for the U23’s from lower leagues who have potential. Would like to see us do something for the first team but get the sense we need all the out of contract players off the books to thin out the wage bill. 

21 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

To us? Please tell me to us!! He'd do a job in the middle! 

Should imagine it will be to join Schumacher at Stoke.