Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

January window.

What WILL happen is that when the EDP carries an unverified report from some other media source, no matter how flakey or unreliable, that we are interested in such and such a player that will be translated here into the EDP saying we are interested in such and such a player.🤩

Challenge to all you posters. A competition to see who can get a totally fictitious transfer story mentioned in the EDP/Pink'Un 

• Like 1

I always think that's there's a marketing opportunity missed in football re the transfer windows.

Similar to an advent calendar, each day of the summer & January events there is a window to open and it reveals the player your club should buy,  to make it realistic it doesn't have to be a different player each day.

Ours could be 31 days of pictures of Oliver Skipp.

I'm not expecting much; main objective must be to keep our best players.

Is there really a commitment to Wagner as such that we splash the cash to strengthen the squad to play Wagnerball?

We are about to find out.

1) A couple of loan moves - Warner / Springett and possibly Placheta and/or Onel on his way.

2) A decent experienced CDM in a swap deal for Bathh and Jobe Bellingham in if Rowe leaves

3) Rowe and Sara leaving with some journey man replacements or Ben Pearson being signed.

Question is if you were a player would you join us with a Manager whos' position is under pressure ?

it happens quite a bit player signs New manager comes in wants his own players and does not fancy playing some etc ,

imagine you had a choice of same size clubs ,same wages and you have two managers one who is safe in his job and wants you and wagner who would you sign for ? 

this is one of the Main reasons i wanted Wagner gone  he is not the future everybody knows that another uncertain situation  that will not help the club move forward 

New manager here could of said i want you for next season here are my plans you will play here etc etc 

Surely Wagner will keep his fave players & get rid of the ones he doesn't play so much or criticises in the media. 

So....

Onel, Fasnacht, & Kenny stay, Rowe, Macullam & Fisher to leave.

14 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Question is if you were a player would you join us with a Manager whos' position is under pressure ?

it happens quite a bit player signs New manager comes in wants his own players and does not fancy playing some etc ,

imagine you had a choice of same size clubs ,same wages and you have two managers one who is safe in his job and wants you and wagner who would you sign for ? 

this is one of the Main reasons i wanted Wagner gone  he is not the future everybody knows that another uncertain situation  that will not help the club move forward 

New manager here could of said i want you for next season here are my plans you will play here etc etc 

Which is why we will get young players with potential, not ready for the first team, and maybe a loan.

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

So what do you 

1. expect to see this January 

2. hope to see this January 

3. hope not to see this January 

1. Quality new additions. Perm and loan signings to push on.

2. I hope to see Susanna Reid Naked 

3.I dont want to see The Real Buh

• Haha 1

1. Old and unwanted sold or allowed to leave for free, some younger players sent out in loan.

2. Any funds from above used to buy a CDM.

3. Sara or Rowe leave.

Unless Wagner is gone I'd rather we just stuck with what we have right now and gave minutes to our younger options.

We shouldn't be spending good money finding players for a Head Coach who shouldn't be here next year. 

We shouldn't be spending good money on players that our future head coach hasn't been consulted on.

We shouldn't be bringing in short term loanees who take minutes away from players who may have a future here when we're clearly not going up or down this season. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Which is why we will get young players with potential, not ready for the first team, and maybe a loan.

yes you have a point which i understand 

my point is Wagner is not the future but we could be signing players the new manager wants ready for next season ,

i think Keeping Wagner until the summer has wasted us a opportunity ,

the New Manager could of had January then rest of seasons to tell knapper who he wanted to target in summer ,

now we only have to summer to rebuild 

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

We shouldn't be bringing in short term loanees who take minutes away from players who may have a future here when we're clearly not going up or down this season. 

Totally agree once we have no chance of the play off's   ( which i do not think we will make anyway )   ) we should not play any loans give youngsters a chance to show what they have ready for next season might unearth someone who shows it on match day 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

Totally agree once we have no chance of the play off's   ( which i do not think we will make anyway )   ) we should not play any loans give youngsters a chance to show what they have ready for next season might unearth someone who shows it on match day 

Yes I'd be looking to give as many minutes as possible to players like Fisher, Gibbs, Nunez, Idah and Sargent to try and see what we have there. I'm not suggesting we play the youth team but those who are on the fringes and could have futures longer term need to prioritised over players like Barnes, Foreshaw, Hwang etc.

• Like 1

Fisher I can see going out on loan. Gibbs is being ruined by an insistent Wagner that he's some Wes Hoolahan in disguise. Idah well is Adam Idah and should be a useful sub. Sargeant needs to regain match fitness as he has been sorely missed, as was Grant Hanley.

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes I'd be looking to give as many minutes as possible to players like Fisher, Gibbs, Nunez, Idah and Sargent to try and see what we have there. I'm not suggesting we play the youth team but those who are on the fringes and could have futures longer term need to prioritised over players like Barnes, Foreshaw, Hwang etc.

i can not really see Barnes being any good next season not the same player as Burnley had ,

i imagine he would find a new club fairly easily maybe not on the wages we have given though 

Wagner sacked by after the cup game, Carlos Cuesta as head and J Wiltshire as assistant, with E Smith Rowe on loan.

22 million from Wolves for Rowe, Dortmund in with a 15 million bid which will be accepted for Sargent as he wants to play at a higher level.

Money generated will see three additions, T Goodrham from Oxford, replacement for Rowe, Max Bird from Derby the answer to our CDM and Kamara recalled!

Hows that?

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Indy said:

Wagner sacked by after the cup game, Carlos Cuesta as head and J Wiltshire as assistant, with E Smith Rowe on loan.

22 million from Wolves for Rowe, Dortmund in with a 15 million bid which will be accepted for Sargent as he wants to play at a higher level.

Money generated will see three additions, T Goodrham from Oxford, replacement for Rowe, Max Bird from Derby the answer to our CDM and Kamara recalled!

Hows that?

i think you should be DOF ASAP 

Bit skinny on prices 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Hows that?

We dont need a CDM! 😉 Other than that...

i can see it now we sign a Left back from Germany who wagner thinks would make a great striker 

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hows that?

You been on the Pilsner Urquell again, Indy?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

You been on the Pilsner Urquell again, Indy?!

Not since New Year’s Eve!

• Haha 1

My January window is the board stays silent & pretend everything is fine.  And the team runs out to a new song.... "Always look on the bright side of life" 

Expect a couple of loans out and a couple of loans in. 

Sure as hell don’t want to see Sara or Rowe sold. 

Also would like to see Wagner gone, of course. But that certainly needs to happen before the summer window opens.