Midlands Yellow

Southampton Predictions

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

4,000 empty seats and a 4.1 thrashing from the Saints. 

Plus Southampton having 70% possession & making our players look like statues as they pass through us for fun. 

• Like 1

What a weird fixture. Whilst I’ve always been one of those that would never want us to lose, on this occasion, in light of the 1p5wich situation, I must admit, I’m torn!

I’ll take an entertaining 5-6 defeat

• Haha 2

The way Saints are playing they'll be through our midfield like a hot knife through butter.

0-2

Martin will get his side in a winning position and then kill the game with 80% possession so I don't fear a massacre.

27 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Plus Southampton having 70% possession & making our players look like statues as they pass through us for fun. 

I think you mean 80%.

6-1 TO Southampton- and Wagner saying we were played well for 10 mins and were in the game. plus its the fans fault they shouted  at me and the players- causing tears with some of the players

Apparently our NCFC kit-men have spent most of this morning (and this afternoon) removing the waste band elastic from our squad's shorts....So it's then much easier for the Saint's to take our pants down and to give us a damn good thrashing....meh....

100% some people wait to end, even if we’ve been smashed 6-0, to clap off Russell Martin!

100% some fans do this. I call them “the nipple clamp fans” they love the punishment. They stay up late to watch the highlights when we’ve lost 6-0.

• Haha 2

I have a strange feeling that we may actually do OK in this game - we seem much better when the other team has the ball and we can rely on the individual genius of Sara or Rowe to somehow conjure up a goal or two. 

We're not so good when we are required to actually put together some kind of footballing structure or shape to our play. In the era of Dean Smith, because he couldn't be ar/sed. In the era of Wagner, because he seems incapable of it.

Nein buses on Montag.....just thought I'd get the first excuse in....in the event of a lower attendance....

But I'll stroll down to the ground and then hit the pub after....

I do feel for those that unfortunately have to rely on public transport....

Although if we were riding high in the league....where there's a will there's a way, and you can betcha....Carra would be chocker....

22 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I have a strange feeling that we may actually do OK in this game - we seem much better when the other team has the ball and we can rely on the individual genius of Sara or Rowe to somehow conjure up a goal or two. 

Depends if Wagner plays or drops Rowe because he has not been playing well  ( i still can not believe he said that )

It's a free hit, to be honest.

Win and everyone's happy (well, not everyone, obviously. Miserablists gonna miserablist).

A draw would be a great result.

A defeat is worse for Ipswich than it is for us.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Depends if Wagner plays or drops Rowe because he has not been playing well  ( i still can not believe he said that )

On one level I can understand what he means. Rowe is very talented but IMO he does need to improve his ability to work alongside his teammates. At the moment he's an individualist, and an extremely talented one, but he often doesn't see teammates in a better position once he has used his skills to get into a situation where he could make a killer pass. But he's young and hopefully that will come. The raw talent is certainly there.

Having said that,  I agree with your disbelief about Wagner's comments. Does he think Hernandez, Fassnacht and Barnes have been stunningly good in comparison and therefore deserved their starting place?

For me, this sounds like the kind of silly comment a manager makes when he knows he's for the chop soon.

18 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Nein buses on Montag.....just thought I'd get the first excuse in....in the event of a lower attendance....

But I'll stroll down to the ground and then hit the pub after....

I do feel for those that unfortunately have to rely on public transport....

Although if we were riding high in the league....where there's a will there's a way, and you can betcha....Carra would be chocker....

Although the buses won’t be venturing out trains will be running if anyone can be a*sed to do the miles. The pub is usually the go to when we’ve played c*ap but sometimes we’re so bad people even lose the will to sink a pint or three.

On paper this looks a comfortable away win. I think it will be but with surprisingly few goals. 1-2.

We’re going to have to improve a huge amount to get anything from Monday, but this team is capable of it - that is the most annoying part of it.

I will never ever wish us to lose and am not going to start now - but in this instance it would be softened by harming the binners.

I can’t get there - trains are completely all over the place, so I will have to ‘enjoy via a stream.

We will have a grand total of 24% possession. Somehow take the lead with Sargent bullying his way to a goal, AshBash will closeline a center half and Sainz won't have learned his lesson and will get booked for brandishing a imaginary yellow. 

Then we'll concede 5 and lose 5-1 and Russ will fist pump the away end...... Oh what could have been, but many said he'd be a yes man and never achieved anything with previous clubs 😞

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

They’re there for the taking, Martin home coming will want to get one over on us, we start with rowe idah and Sargent and tear it up 3-1 in