Would you buy Hwang either in January or at the end of the season for the right price? I think he’s quite good and improving so well worth a gamble. What do you think? 

God no. Bar that worldie at Watford he’s shown nothing to warrant signing him 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Really, I think he’s looked quite sharp in our recent games. I agree with you with regard to his first few games but he hasn’t played for months so fitness may have been an issue. I’d much prefer Hwang in the side than Idah and maybe Barnes too when Sargent comes back. 

It’s one of those where if we sign him - he does nothing and it’s a total waste. If we don’t he goes on to score 20 goals for a rival! Really hard call. I say leave to end of season 

Not if you're trying to get the average age down, which is something Knapper has specifically said needs addressing. I'd say he has close to zero chance of getting a permanent move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Actually the really impressive goal, and which I suspect none of our other strikers would have scored, was the one where made a cute move so he could prompt and then run onto one of Sara’s long passes, had the control to cushion the ball just where he wanted it to be, and then finished clinically.

• Like 5

Wouldn't sign him in January. End of the season is too far away to contemplate.

I'd start him tomorrow. He looks better when he starts and Idah looks better from the bench.

• Like 3

He will be 32 in the summer with a year left on a PL contract. There will have to be a massive improvement during these coming 5 months, to disprove the thought that what would be spent on him could not be spent better elsewhere.

I think we'd want a bit more clarity around his off the pitch antics and if there is likely to be any punishment that prevents him from playing.

He's a mixed bag; capable of brilliance one moment and basic lack of control the next. Bearing in mind his experience it seems to have taken an age for him to get broadly up to speed.

No point in signing him when he's on loan

Will be useful to have 4 available strikers for the second half of the season , all with different attributes both individually and as pairings, with 2 (or even 3, depending on formation) available from the bench.

At the moment ,I'd prefer Hwang to play just deep of Sargent more than I would Barnes

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we'd want a bit more clarity around his off the pitch antics and if there is likely to be any punishment that prevents him from playing.

He's a mixed bag; capable of brilliance one moment and basic lack of control the next. Bearing in mind his experience it seems to have taken an age for him to get broadly up to speed.

Good point. Assuming he gets the all clear, I can imagine Forest wanting to get him off the books sharpish for the next 30 signings they’re going to make and might want to cut their losses. There could be a nice freebee there which will free up a loan spot for whatever other position needs strengthening. 

4 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Good point. Assuming he gets the all clear, I can imagine Forest wanting to get him off the books sharpish for the next 30 signings they’re going to make and might want to cut their losses. There could be a nice freebee there which will free up a loan spot for whatever other position needs strengthening. 

Who would pay up the remainder of his contract ?

12 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Who would pay up the remainder of his contract ?

I would have thought that we would pay him a salary we can afford and whatever is the shortfall Forest will pay until the end of his original contract. 

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

I would have thought that we would pay him a salary we can afford and whatever is the shortfall Forest will pay until the end of his original contract. 

That would be what would happen were he to leave Forest this summer, but why would it follow that he would join us  ?

Surely it depends massively on what price could be negotiated? Anybody know what he's available for?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually the really impressive goal, and which I suspect none of our other strikers would have scored, was the one where made a cute move so he could prompt and then run onto one of Sara’s long passes, had the control to cushion the ball just where he wanted it to be, and then finished clinically.

Emi-Teemu, that goal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Ian said:

Surely it depends massively on what price could be negotiated? Anybody know what he's available for?

Probably free to reduce Forest’s wage bill. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Wouldn't sign him in January. End of the season is too far away to contemplate.

I'd start him tomorrow. He looks better when he starts and Idah looks better from the bench.

I agree. 

If we could get him on a free and he continues to improve, sure - even if it is counter to the need to freshen up the squad. But I wouldn't pay a fee for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

He might be called up for the Asian cup 

He's currently suspended by South Korea and hopefully it stays that way otherwise he won't be available 15th Jan to potentially 10th Feb if Korea get to the final.

• Like 1

have to be cheap on wages for me to sign him which i doubt he is ,

We have far to many players on high Champs wages not producing 

likes of Gibson etc if we spend 20k a week on wages we need a goal scorer ( tough ask i know )

not someone who  just works hard upfront but non scoring 

Edited by norfolkngood

Are we seriously discussing signing a 32 year (come summer) old with absolutely no history in this country never mind division! 
He’s been absolutely abysmal apart from a couple goals! Even Idah has double the amount! Absolutely no for me! It would be a real statement of treading water at championship level and not one in line with Knappers statement of development of our academy! Let get this season over and give Kamara his chance next season!

• Like 1

Hwang does offer pace and athleticism, and if we were to have 3 strikers I would prefer him to Barnes. I would drop Barnes a soon as Josh gets back. We need Adam and Josh together