Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Huddersfield Predictions

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t be greedy. 

OK.. OK.. How about 6 goals instead?

On a different note its nice to see us all feeling positive about a match for once. Was very doom and gloom here for a while

Guess we must all be in the festive sprint

Not sure we're quite over shipping goals yet but feel we can crack on with the goals after last week.

3-2 with a 3-1 lead and an edgy late goal from the Tesco looking lot.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Showed some fight last weekend and ideal opponents to kick on. 4.1 win and confidence growing for a busy festive period. 

Yeah I think 4-1 mate 

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I wonder what's changed recently? 🤔 

*awaits post to be liked with a laughing like, just so we know they're still there*....🙈🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A win is necessary to keep us in touch with the playoffs. Even then, it could only mean moving up one place or not. And actually be one place lower come Saturday as Bristol City are playing Hull Friday night, along with Swansea v Preston.

Interesting comments

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/24004252.norwich-city-huddersfield-owner-championship-struggles/

SO interesting

All the best

Big Keith Nott 

1-0 win for me. Think it will be a lot tighter than people will imagine. We basically need to carry any momentum we've accrued now until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

1-0 win for me. Think it will be a lot tighter than people will imagine. We basically need to carry any momentum we've accrued now until the end of the season.

I don't imagine a walk in the park, but Huddersfield are both awful at defending at times despite their form and in a right muddle across the club.

I see goals from both teams but us doing better. One goal margin methinks 

Edited by nu_matik

Given the 'Uddersfield owner's tweet / X today, will their players down tools - it doesn't read as a gee up and support of the current administration, but more of a purge is coming? It would thus be an absolute shock if they suddenly developed balls of steel and took it to us. famous last words, but yes I see a relatively comfortable win here, but we will make heavier work of it than we should as the team fights for form. 2-0. 

23 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Given the 'Uddersfield owner's tweet / X today, will their players down tools - it doesn't read as a gee up and support of the current administration, but more of a purge is coming? It would thus be an absolute shock if they suddenly developed balls of steel and took it to us. famous last words, but yes I see a relatively comfortable win here, but we will make heavier work of it than we should as the team fights for form. 2-0. 

I had a quick look on their forum, majority of their fans not confident at all, and seemingly want the manager gone. So, Along come Norwich = 0-3 to Huddersfield!

• Like 1

This could be a very tough match depending on if Moore's lost the dressing room or not. You could see from the scenes of Idah's last-minute winner against Bristol that the team were squarely behind Wagner even if the performances were a bit patchy. That tweet from the Huddersfield owner had a whiff of "show us what you have" to current staff.

I think it'll galvanise them. Moore did a super job to get Wednesday back into the top-flight and no doubt his own pride is stung, so I expect he'll have his side as organised as possible.

I expect a very bitty clash, Huddersfield probably sitting very deep and trying to spring a counter or get a set-piece to stick. I also think this is one of those games where who scores first doesn't lose. If we get a first-half lead I think it'll open the game up and it'll be a 3-1 sort of game. If they score first then it'll be everyone behind the ball and wait for counters and set-pieces whilst we try to break them down.

Gut instinct's telling me this is a late winner sort of stodgy affair. I'll go 1-0 with a winner from 70 minutes onwards.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

OK.. OK.. How about 6 goals instead?

On a different note its nice to see us all feeling positive about a match for once. Was very doom and gloom here for a while

Drugs

Hard one to call this. It will be interesting to see the atmosphere and the number of empty seats. 

Ought to be a comfortable home win.

Feels like a rather dull 2-0 see in Christmas.

We seem as confident as those Town fans were in beating us - football predictions have a nasty habit of biting you in the aaarse so not taking anything for granted as we should know Norwich like shooting themselves in the foot

Hmmm.

Their form in the past month is:

1 - 1 draw vs Southampton

2 - 1 win vs Sunderland

1 - 1 draw vs Swansea

1 - 1 draw with Bristol

3 - 1 loss to Preston

1 - 1 draw with Millwall.

They have averaged approx 0.75xG so not creative. The loss to Preston was "unlucky" in that Preston barely created anything of note but ended up with 3 goals.

2-0 Win / clean sheet would be great.

• Haha 1

After last week's decent showing I think things have taken a little upturn and I fancy us to have a reasonably comfortable afternoon, winning 2-0.

There'll be a very low crowd as there traditionally is on the last Saturday before Christmas but coupled with the general apathy it could look embarrassingly empty.

The players will need to do it against a backdrop of a ' barely alive ' atmosphere.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

After the Lord Mayor’s Show ....

I wouldn't attribute every thing to Kenny., it was a team effort. I think as things are beginning to click we'll run out 3-0 winners, and as to goalscorers I'll stick my neck out and predict they will all be City players.