Sign in to follow this  
king canary

If we get banned...

...I'd like to invite you all to listen to mine and @hogesar's new podcast 'The Rest is XG' where we bring the magic of graphs to an audio medium.

Rotating guest will include @shefcanary talking about how our left back failing to track back is in fact a failure of corporate governance, @lake district canary to discuss which previous managers whos name rhymes with Baniel Barke we should rehire and @Parma Ham's gone mouldy to talk for a solid 80 minutes while we stroke our chins and nod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 34

Can I do an hourly special on "You thing it ended with expected goals? Let me tell you all about expected assists" 🙂 

Just now, hogesar said:

Can I do an hourly special on "You thing it ended with expected goals? Let me tell you all about expected assists" 🙂 

Only if you commit to a quarterly special on expected saves

• Haha 1

I’d like to do a podcast called “The Real Buh notices things” where I point out the tiny intricacies of things I notice at games.

I could do a whole series about saw Dean Smith drank that tea and I just knew he was no good 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

...I'd like to invite you all to listen to mine and @hogesar's new podcast 'The Rest is XG' where we bring the magic of graphs to an audio medium.

Rotating guest will include @shefcanary talking about how our left back failing to track back is in fact a failure of corporate governance, @lake district canary to discuss which previous managers whos name rhymes with Baniel Barke we should rehire and @Parma Ham's gone mouldy to talk for a solid 80 minutes while we stroke our chins and nod.

Essex does a section called "Financial Breakdown", probably.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd rather cut off my penis with a rusty bread knife. 😉

OTBC

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'd rather cut off my penis with a rusty bread knife. 😉

OTBC

...and you can get 50% off the bread knife by using the code 'weebillygilmour' at checkout!

• Haha 8

Just now, king canary said:

...and you can get 50% off the bread knife by using the code 'weebillygilmour' at checkout!

Wait a minute…. This bread knife sucks!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Can you get @cambridgeshire canary to introduce each section every 5 minutes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ready when you need me KC. I was only thinking at half time Saturday, with the right football man on the board, a former LB no less, he could easily have a word about tracking back with DW.  

All of a sudden I know what I've been missing in my life.

• Haha 1

I truly think you have to do at least one episode of this now.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Someone else started another forum, he virtually talks to himself on it. 

That’s unbelievably on point, went and took a look and it’s a ghost town.

Edited by Monty13

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Expected assists? Pah! That's so 2023.

The future is ESTI - expected successful throw-ins. Catch up!

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

That’s unbelievably on point, went and took a look and it’s a ghost town.

It’s a shame, because the format is pretty good and it was set up really well by the guy who did it. 
It was set up at a time that the future of The Pink Un was in doubt. As The Pink Un carried on,  there was no need for the alternative. Perhaps it will become more popular if this place goes under. 

Morty uses it as he stuck to his guns and didn’t create multiple accounts here. He took his ban and respected it (was harsh in my opinion)

But Morty didn’t create it, annoys me when I see it referred to as “Morty’s forum”

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

It’s a shame, because the format is pretty good and it was set up really well by the guy who did it. 
It was set up at a time that the future of The Pink Un was in doubt. As The Pink Un carried on,  there was no need for the alternative. Perhaps it will become more popular if this place goes under. 

Morty uses it as he stuck to his guns and didn’t create multiple accounts here. He took his ban and respected it (was harsh in my opinion)

But Morty didn’t create it, annoys me when I see it referred to as “Morty’s forum”

I created that forum, and you are correct - it was built because the future of this place was in doubt for some reason.

Years ago I passed on ownership to the chap who owns this company in Norfolk: https://www.rivmedia.co.uk/web-design/ because he runs several other forums on the same software and and could host it on his existing servers which makes it incredibly cheaper for him than it was for me.

Shame it didn't take off really! 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I created that forum, and you are correct - it was built because the future of this place was in doubt for some reason.

Years ago I passed on ownership to the chap who owns this company in Norfolk: https://www.rivmedia.co.uk/web-design/ because he runs several other forums on the same software and and could host it on his existing servers which makes it incredibly cheaper for him than it was for me.

Shame it didn't take off really! 

Thanks JonnyJonnyRowe. 

As I said I thought it was set up really well. 
The only reason it failed was that the Pink Un carried on

Perhaps we can put the myth that Morty set up his own forum and speaks to himself on there to bed?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Thanks JonnyJonnyRowe. 

Perhaps we can put the myth that Morty set up his own forum and speaks to himself on there to bed?

I mean I knew Morty didn’t set it up, but it is barely used which is a shame but true.

22 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Thanks JonnyJonnyRowe. 

He does mainly speak to himself. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He does mainly speak to himself. 

This is where the Moderators are so important, especially on a new forum. Clearly you can't have a free for all where anything goes, likewise where individual views don't fit that of the Mod are called out, which is essentially where the 'old pinkun' got to.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Thanks JonnyJonnyRowe. 

I think it mainly failed because it became known as the Morty forum.