Positive_Canary

United rumoured to be seeking talks with McKenna

They won'tt be getting rid of EtH any time soon.

And if they do, their ego wouldn't consider appointing a Championship manager to replace him.

If, as looks likely, he takes Ipswich up and keeps them in the Prem....then he'd be on their list.

It's mid December and there's still a tendancy to find a reason, any reason, why they're going to blow it.

Looks increasingly improbable. Losing their coach isn't one of the reasons either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No chance. Unproven. Besides, I've never seen Ipswich play with him in charge, no idea how his teams play.

I'd take De Zerbi tomorrow.

He could then buy Gilmour and actually have a midfielder who can pass the ball*

*No disrespect to McTominay. He's more of a floating 9 anyway.

Gilmour at United 😂

1 hour ago, Positive_Canary said:

Interesting 

Not really and where is the source of that rumour?

No way McKenna gets that job. De Zerbi is a possibility and I wouldn't rule out Howe suddenly becoming available either as Newcastle haven't really pushed on.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Gilmour at United 😂

Well one piece floating around in midfield is never enough really, is it?

• Haha 2

I just had to look at the calendar to make sure i had not slept throughout Christmas and the New year and woken up on April 1st 2024.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

On current form and with now Maguire and Shaw injured, I can see United battling it out with West Ham and Fulham for 8th.

United are a shambles. The goalkeeper is out of confidence. The defence chances every week because of injuries. Our midfield got outclassed by Bournemouth's.

Obama looks like a Taibi regen. We can't pass. We don't create chances and we don't score.

Our best passer is the 18 year old Mainoo.

We're the only club in the top 8 with a minus goal difference.

A lot of the blame goes to EtH. Buying Eriksen, Casemiro, Antony, Mount, Onana, Amrabat on loan cost £250m

None none of the aforementioned have improved the team.

Oh well. At least the Glazers won't get European money next season or the remainder of this season

What is your connection with Norwich?

I predict that Keiran McKenna will end up at Man. U. sooner rather than later and that the binners will return to their rightful place in mid Chumps or lower, a place that befits a small unremarkable club in a small unremarkable town.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Lazy rumour considering McKenna's United past. Think this rumour has less of a leg to stand on than Oscar Pistorius, frankly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I predict that Keiran McKenna will end up at Man. U. sooner rather than later and that the binners will return to their rightful place in mid Chumps or lower, a place that befits a small unremarkable club in a small unremarkable town.

Now is their time to grab him, before he is poached by C Palace or West Ham and they . I'd dismiss the talk as nonsense if he didn't have an in-depth exposure to the club and it's culture.

Biggest club in Britain when it is successful and he could be the man to return it to it's former glory. They took a chance on Sir Alex many years ago and need someone else who understands the club.

Lets face it, McKenna looks like he must have that Ingredient 'X' to have done what he has with a fairly average, hard-working squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

On current form and with now Maguire and Shaw injured, I can see United battling it out with West Ham and Fulham for 8th.

United are a shambles. The goalkeeper is out of confidence. The defence chances every week because of injuries. Our midfield got outclassed by Bournemouth's.

Obama looks like a Taibi regen. We can't pass. We don't create chances and we don't score.

Our best passer is the 18 year old Mainoo.

We're the only club in the top 8 with a minus goal difference.

A lot of the blame goes to EtH. Buying Eriksen, Casemiro, Antony, Mount, Onana, Amrabat on loan cost £250m

None none of the aforementioned have improved the team.

Oh well. At least the Glazers won't get European money next season or the remainder of this season

What a shame…….

I cant see McKenna going anywhere yet. He is still proving his credentials.

He will get much better wages with a second promotion under his belt. However if they do go up I cant see him staying until the end of the next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

I know. Sad, ain't it?

Oh well, every club has their day in the sun.

No wonder so many here appear so angry. Rickets is no joke. 😛

Unlike cancer, eh? You ****ing ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Exactly. No one say that one coming.

Fellaini was better than Gilmour so makes sense.