Jimmy_Fitch

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Or maybe they could pay more than £10 on buyback to encourage those who can't go to register their seats more often. Strange that we have such a waiting list, yet never seem to sell out.

Can’t believe a fanbase that moans about our ticket pricing so much would be turning their noses up to ten pound notes in the current climate! 

28 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They could charter buses and do a door-to-door service.

Mind, if they start that it won’t be long before someone living in Old Catton is stamping their feet and demanding the club pay for a taxi home in the interest of fairness.

They could refuse to play midweek? Saturdays, 3pm only. Be a long old season though and we’d have to opt out of the cups.

If they were really ambitious and using their imagination, they could imagine fitting a teleportation device in every season ticket holders home that took you direct to your seat if you whisper “I love Delia” three times into the intercom. Or something. 

As one who lives in Old Catton, I'd be stamping my feet,as our bus service is cr#p!!!!!!🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

A better poll would be to ask the season-ticket holders, how many games do you miss a season?

Because, undoubtedly, a lot of people who have bought one don't bother going half the time.

I miss several, varying reasons, family commitments, work, can't be arsed, would be interesting if they actually announced actual attendees rather than tickets already sold.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

I miss several, varying reasons, family commitments, work, can't be arsed, would be interesting if they actually announced actual attendees rather than tickets already sold.

Don't know why we can't go back to the number of turnstile clicks or tickets scanned. Shouldn't be that difficult. After all they know I've been because I get an annoying survey on matchday experience emailed to me.

As the poll stands it'd 22.22% no. Maybe Delia wasn't too far away with her 20% comment.

Regarding the OAP discount. I'm in two minds, yes it's nice to offer a discount to people who may not be able to afford the full price. Although these same people most likely purchased their 6 bed detached house for the price of a season ticket back in the 80s (tin hat on).

Also I do wonder like the ageing squad who struggle to perform for 90 minutes, can the same thing be said about the fans. I think having some younger fans at Carrow Road is the only way to improve the atmosphere. 

Maybe there should be an under 30's price? 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Don't know why we can't go back to the number of turnstile clicks or tickets scanned. Shouldn't be that difficult. After all they know I've been because I get an annoying survey on matchday experience emailed to me.

Yes. Another good idea would be everyone to produce their own membership card with every season ticket transfer requiring prior transfer to the guest.

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I expect me and my mates will all renew. 

I'm hoping that the 3% increase is 'the average' and some of the ridiculous concessions are removed or at least pulled back to reduce the increase required on standard full price.

If a price increase is required to offset overall running costs then it seems only fair each supporter contributes the same £ amount.

Do you begrudge a supporter of 75 years plus  getting a bob or two discount

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll show the imagination for them. 

A tenner off the next season for every game that's moved for TV.

Get the money back by charging the absent armchairios and get a grip on the freebie streams.

Good idea albeit the legitimate TV subs are high enough and in non-parachute territory NCFC will be claiming significantly less.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Good idea albeit the legitimate TV subs are high enough and in non-parachute territory NCFC will be claiming significantly less.

Football, especially PL football, is now sport for TV. How much does it cost the armchair Arthurs per game?

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Football, especially PL football, is now sport for TV. How much does it cost the armchair Arthurs per game?

Depends how many are watched for the high fixed price. You couldn't possibly watch them all. Would be much better if the subscriber could nominate their chosen Club to receive their subscription.

48 minutes ago, daly said:

Not so much existing ST holders, but imo the concessionary price shouldn't be available to new customers or on casual tickets.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not so much existing ST holders, but imo the concessionary price shouldn't be available to new customers or on casual tickets.

I'd have thought means testing would answer your prayers.

More personal reasons for me, live 2 hours away and got a 2 year old getting more difficult each year

• Like 1

I also think if over night our stadium capacity increased to 35k we'd have less people renewing as they know they'll almost be guaranteed a casual ticket.

It's the fear that if you give up your ST and the team starts performing again you'll struggle to get a ticket with the demand.

• Like 3

If I didn’t go what would I moan about?  

And I strongly believe that unless you going you don’t really have the right to moan!

It costs thousands a year following Norwich. When you add up all the travel costs and the increased amount of pre-match alcohol required to make games like last Saturdays bearable. 

Half the keyboard warriors on here haven’t seen the inside of any football stadium let alone Carrow Road in years or in some cases ever but are happy to jump down peoples throats for giving and opinion that does align with theirs. 

5 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Where do stand on t-shirt cannons?

Love em! Bring on full USA style game day, tailgate parties BBQ’s & ****e 🍺 ! Lagers!

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

I've been going to Carrow rd every other Saturday for 9 months of the year since I was 6 yrs old....I'm now nearly 50, and have only missed half a dozen home games in that time

I genuinely dont know what else I would do on a Saturday and I dont know what non footballing folk do with their weekends.

I'm afraid I'm in this for the long haul....until I drop

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I expect me and my mates will all renew. 

I'm hoping that the 3% increase is 'the average' and some of the ridiculous concessions are removed or at least pulled back to reduce the increase required on standard full price.

If a price increase is required to offset overall running costs then it seems only fair each supporter contributes the same £ amount.

So, pensioner supporters, living on the OAP, are supposed to contribute the same £ amount?

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

So, pensioner supporters, living on the OAP, are supposed to contribute the same £ amount?

Correct. They watch the same match as everyone else.

Why should a '40 something' with a mortgage, family to support, crippling cost of living etc etc, subsidise lower prices for others?

I will renew, but living in Buckinghamshire with a young family and a busy job, I'll not be at Carrow Road tonight.  Hopefully I'll be able to watch the second half on Sky Red Button after getting home from U9s football training, but physically getting to midweek games just isn't possible anymore.  As for weekends, I probably do two thirds of the games over the full season.  Always put the tickets on buyback if we can't find family or friends who want them, but rarely do they sell.

3 hours ago, City 2nd said:

I can't imagine that many pensioners who only have the state pension are able to afford a season ticket. Most pensioners have other sources of income or have assets that they use to subsidise their life style.

It is absolutely clear that younger groups are those that need to be subsidised as they have a much smaller proportion of national wealth + have lower wages (they don't even get the full minimum wage until they are 23). 

14 hours ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

As the poll stands it'd 22.22% no. Maybe Delia wasn't too far away with her 20% comment.

Regarding the OAP discount. I'm in two minds, yes it's nice to offer a discount to people who may not be able to afford the full price. Although these same people most likely purchased their 6 bed detached house for the price of a season ticket back in the 80s (tin hat on).

Also I do wonder like the ageing squad who struggle to perform for 90 minutes, can the same thing be said about the fans. I think having some younger fans at Carrow Road is the only way to improve the atmosphere. 

Maybe there should be an under 30's price? 

Many who choose to renew would still like S&J to depart sooner than planned I’m sure. 

The problem with this “poll” is that it isn’t even vaguely usable - there’s a strong chance that the majority of ‘voters’ don’t even have a s/t in the first place.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

The problem with this “poll” is that it isn’t even vaguely usable - there’s a strong chance that the majority of ‘voters’ don’t even have a s/t in the first place.

Exactly what i said in my post and mentioned the Armchair Arthurs who @nutty nigel often refers to.

15 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Can’t believe a fanbase that moans about our ticket pricing so much would be turning their noses up to ten pound notes in the current climate! 

When I’ve used the buyback scheme in the PL my seat was usually sold but that doesn’t happen very often in the Championship. Luckily I’ve got someone in a nearby seat who tries to sell them, not too successfully at present which isn’t surprising.

14 hours ago, daly said:

In the City Stand that must be everyone in the concession seats ( wink )

If the club want to encourage young blood they should withdraw the elderly concessions and offer better deals for younger supporters.