KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Preston****

Just now, 7HAR1980 said:

Of course it does. We've had no one capable of picking the lock.

That's because they've parked the bus for the most part and been very diligent in their defendingfor most of the game. I don't think that reflects badly on our own players at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two rather boring midtable championship sides with no real ambitions battling it out in the rain and wind..

0-0. Of course.

If you can't win.. Don't lose?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 2

Terrible. But could be worse. Could be a Man Utd fan. As a child of the eighties, I love how the glory hunting kids I went to school with and were upset when they didn't win the league, now realise what most fans feel...

• Like 1

Maybe next year Idah will come good, haha!

Sounds like it's pretty dire. It's been pretty dire for quite a few games now!

1 minute ago, Bert said:

That has to be it for Wagner this can’t go on any longer 

Unbeaten in four. Clean sheet at home.

Waa waa moan complain

(But yes he's not the man to get us promotion that is obvious)

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's because they've parked the bus for the most part and been very diligent in their defendingfor most of the game. I don't think that reflects badly on our own players at all.

Your delusion is real.

Yes they defended very well but that's just an excuse for us not being able to break them down.

Previous seasons we have always had players who can pick the lock through a low block! 

This season??? 

Bit better last half an hour or so when we had the team on that should have started but another poor team selection, uninspiring performance and an awful result against a truly abysmal side.

until they make the decisions that need to be made and spare us from this limbo it’s a complete waste of everyone’s time. 

Demoralising. I truly hate our board of directors at the moment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

We simply have to be better - if we can't be, then their tactics will have been validated, as uninspiring as they may be.

OTBC

Tactics validated.

Another clean sheet I guess...we move on and go again.

OTBC

• Like 1

Gibbs should have scored, game like that you get few great chances, that was the one and he should have buried it.

No point blaming him, he’s 19 after all, just pointing out that was the moment to change the game. Seen plenty of other more experienced players fluff things the last two seasons.

Utter dross, all that possession and Preston had the best 2 chances, Idah utterly pointless when starting again, Hernandez god love him just isn't very good, none of the subs did anything to change it. Only McLean looked remotely capable in passing forwards.

Not sure why teams are still scared to come to Carrow Rd and try to give us a game.

Hardly surprising, all you hear as the substitutes come on…..

so and so is coming on ………has scored one goal for Norwich…..

so and so is coming on ………hasn’t scored for four years….

so and so is coming on…….has yet to score for Norwich….…..and so it goes on….

We’ve filled the squad with a bunch of non-goalscorers……..

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

That only reinforces you are pretty clueless about football with answers like that.   

No it doesn't reinforce your point, they won last week and the manager (who some fans on here want) has made 6 changes.    They are playing Leicester away, understandable he would adopt a different approach.   It hasn't worked but that's nothing to do with Mumba.   

Like you to justify why Mumba isn't the answer when he plays wide left and has been quite productive this season in a struggling team whereas we play Onel who hasn't been effective at all.    

I don’t claim to be a football expert, but then neither do I insist we’d be better off spinning our wheels in the Championship for several seasons and that doing this would somehow turn a team of young players into a unit capable of surviving in the Premier League.

Mumba is an OK young player. Given that no-one bigger than Plymouth wanted him and he fetched a fee of £1 million, it appears few football professionals think he’s that good either.

Preston didn't even try and still came closest to scoring. I love that there are still people defending that garbage performance, makes me feel better about my flat earther mate.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Who would of guessed

That Idah would start

and do nothing

what

are

the

odds?

Nobody on the pitch did anything on the goal front either, so no idea why you're singling out a player with one of our better goals per minute ratios this season.

3 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Your delusion is real.

Yes they defended very well but that's just an excuse for us not being able to break them down.

Previous seasons we have always had players who can pick the lock through a low block! 

This season??? 

If you think it's a reasonable minimum expectation for us to just break down anyone  when they put all of their efforts into defending then I suspect it's you who may be deluded here.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nobody on the pitch did anything on the goal front either, so no idea why you're singling out a player with one of our better goals per minute ratios this season.

Whatever mate

I've no idea why you're trying to defend that utter dross. At home v a team in awful form, with players paid probably three times the opposition,  and you're like, "yeah, good job lads, opposition played too well".

Hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't think that reflects badly on our own players at all.

Only to confirm what we already knew, they are not good enough.

Anyone taking solace from a drab 0-0 at home to PNE needs to have a rethink

• Thanks 2

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Preston didn't even try and still came closest to scoring. I love that there are still people defending that garbage perfoemance, makes me feel better out my flat earther mate.

3 wins, 1 draw and1 defeat = 2 points per game over the last 5 games. Good enough for a play off place if we can maintain it for the remaing games of the season. 😂😂

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I've no idea why you're trying to defend that utter dross. At home v a team in awful form, with players paid probably three times the opposition,  and you're like, "yeah, good job lads, opposition played too well".

Hilarious. 

This is whats wrong with you all. You're all so f**king obsessed with it being pretty and entertaining that you can't give any credit for a solid performance with demonstrable persistent effort against a team who came to Carrow Road with the sole intention of holding out for a point or maybe sneaking a smash and grab, which they could have done. Do you think their fans are going away whining about it not being pretty enough? They'll be pleased with that, and they should be.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Paying to watch this rubbish is madness.  However feel sorry for ST holders have no option but to go coughed up £500.  If you hadn't and there were less of you may have got rid of Delia by now.

• Like 1

If you think it's a reasonable expectation for us to just break down anyone  when they put all of their efforts into defending then I suspect it's you who may be deluded here.

Yes, my expectation is to be able to break down teams who come to Carrow Rd with the intention to get everyone behind the ball.

If we cannot do that then we have a clear lack of quality in the final third or our managers tactics are not up to it.

It's the clear difference in this seasons playing squad compared to others! 

If you want to big up the opposition's defensive performance against us, that's on you.

We were poor in the final third! 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

This would have been enough.

Tell you what, you support the club your way and I’ll do my way. I know which of us has a more positive/happier existence - and a clue: it isn’t you.

• Like 2