Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Preston Predictions

Yeah, really confident about the weekend, think we'll spank them 4-0. Then a win vs Sheffield and all of a sudden we'd go into the Derby with 5 wins in 6.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

A unconvincing 2-1 win. Sainz with the winner off the bench 

I'm feeling something like this.

If we could just keep stringing decent passes together rather than being so needlessly wasteful, we could actually stick it fully up em

I’m still not entirely convinced we’ll get the victory. QPR deserved a point against us, we threw away a two goal lead against Watford to end up with nothing, and our equalisers in our comebacks against Cardiff and Bristol were own goals, which can sometimes have an effect on the game (we were 2-0 up at HT v Leeds, a Duffy og made it 2-1, Leeds went on to win 3-2).

I think we should get at least a point, hopefully all three but I’m not confident we will

I went over to the Preston forum, they're not confident at all. Sure, it doesn't mean much, but if we can get off to a good start, hopefully we can go onto a decent win.

1-4 

We start strong. Loads of running and endeavour, winning challenges and duels but we begin to fizzle after 20 minutes.

Preston then score with their first shot which is a one on one after two passes from the keeper.

Go in at HT 0-1

We then concede 2,3 and 4 within 8 minutes of the second half starting. 

Some gallows chanting about Portsmouth.

Angus Gunn goes on a maze-up and scores a Maradona86esque consolation that is only witnessed by Delia, Michael, Nutty Nigel and the intrepid streamers.

Hope I’m wrong. 

I’ve yet to see anything in the last run of games that says anything apart from a tight scruffy game .

draw. 

Why stop at 3 and 4, must be 6 or 7, cause we are playing so well.  10 wins on the trot and we will be back in the automatic promotion race forget about the playoffs.  Its amazing how a couple of fortunate results against some of the poorset teams in the league can revitalise the positivity.  The run of what was it 2 wins in 9 are a memory now all is forgotten.  Wagner is great, Delia is perfect all in the garden is rosy.  We may well stuff PNE but on a Norwich style run of results and Wednesday rock bottom.  Then things get a little trickier.

I won't even attempt to predict City results so inconsistent like Wagner's team selections.  Will wait but whatever the result we can't expect anything like a decent performance, not seen one now for 2 1/2 seasons why start now.

Preston have now lost 3 in a row including losing at home to QPR and being spanked by Boro and scoring only 1 goal. It should be a comfortable home win, or a case of Along Come Norwich....

1-1

• Haha 1

Persisting down all day and 45mph wind, weather warnings..... Weather Preston could be used to more 😂 

14 minutes ago, daz said:

Persisting down all day and 45mph wind, weather warnings..... Weather Preston could be used to more 😂 

Sounds like the same as Stoke away on a Tuesday night in January. Let's face it, we've always been hopeless in bad weather 

• Like 1

“Consistency “ is not a word that you would associate with the performances of Norwich City this season. So although you may expect the small momentum that Norwich has acquired with winning 3 of the last 4 will be continued against Preston this cannot be guaranteed. I expect much less cheering , not more, from the Stands than ever before due to the insulting , arrogant “boo boy” comments of Delia Smith. Will we really get behind our team when they display so little ambition in winning a game? Will we cheer enthusiastically as our Captain bravely turns around and passes back to the keeper when there are 9 other Norwich players ahead of him?  Will we clap and holler as our players steadfastly refuse to play in the opponent’s half or attempt a shot on their goal?  I expect we can expect another dour performance which may require Preston gifting us an own goal for Norwich to achieve a result today.

Norwich to score early and then go two up - game looks in the bag only to fall apart for no reason as we concede 3 pointless goals - most via poor passes and lost possession ten minutes before time 

Seems to be a surfeit of optimism on here, not sure if that is entirely deserved. If we win, I'll be happy, but slightly surprised, if we lose or draw, I won't be

1-1, early lead for nodge, we’ll then sit with 11 behind the ball and concede 80 mins in. 

And there was plenty thinking 3,4,5-0 and ita ended slightly different, shock 🙄😁😬😳

On 07/12/2023 at 21:37, Ken Hairy said:

Yeah, really confident about the weekend, think we'll spank them 4-0. Then a win vs Sheffield and all of a sudden we'd go into the Derby with 5 wins in 6.

This why I don't win my accas very often 🤣

Wednesday won... Again... I'm. Sure they will make it 3 against us 🙄😩😏😬💩

41 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

9/2 to win next Saturday, tempted? 

Not even for 900/2 (yes I do realise that's 450/1 😁)