Sign in to follow this  

Imagine supporting the likes of Wagner and by extension the management based on a last minute goal.

Im delighted for the away fans and that will be 3 important points in our inevitable relegation battle that is totally avoidable but just sort of has to happen so Delia can leave… slowly? Yeah, that one.

At half past three I moved from the 20% to the 80%.

Wagner Magic.

Edited by ricardo
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Right then time for Wagner to get a five year contract?

Make it ten

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Right then time for Wagner to get a five year contract?

'It will be if I've got anything to do with it'!! - T Cook 3rd December 2023

Word for word what she said back in 2000 when her beloved Bryan Hamilton replaced B Rioch. Now how did that particular decision work out I

The 20% see a shambolic starting 11, bizarre substitutions and a very lucky win against the run of play having barely been in the game. Delia and the 80% see a brilliant away performance with a threadbare squad, keeping it tight and hitting them on the break for the win.

3 wins from 4 is a decent return to form after the awful run beforehand. If you were asking for Wagner to turn it around, surely this is what you wanted?

Personally I'm a bit confused. I was already drafting a post about our inability to hurt teams on the brake. I've been a vociferous critic of McLean and Idah yet here we have them combining to create the winner; quite brilliant from Idah to use his physical strength to get to the ball without fouling his man then a composed finish.

Football eh? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The 20% see a shambolic starting 11, bizarre substitutions and a very lucky win against the run of play having barely been in the game. Delia and the 80% see a brilliant away performance with a threadbare squad, keeping it tight and hitting them on the break for the win.

3 wins from 4 is a decent return to form after the awful run beforehand. If you were asking for Wagner to turn it around, surely this is what you wanted?

Personally I'm a bit confused. I was already drafting a post about our inability to hurt teams on the brake. I've been a vociferous critic of McLean and Idah yet here we have them combining to create the winner; quite brilliant from Idah to use his physical strength to get to the ball without fouling his man then a composed finish.

Football eh? 

I'm happy enough today, who knows what will happen tomorrow.

We may not have turned the corner but we are one game closer to it.

• Like 4

Wagner is a decent guy if not a good manager so I'm pleased for him. His future is in his own hands. To be fair he clearly hasn't lost the dressing room.

I still can't stand those higher up the food chain although the jury is still out on Knapper.

• Like 6

If you'd said after the losses to Blackburn and Sunderland that we'd win three out of the next four and drop a 2-0 away lead to lose the fourth, we'd probably all have looked at you like you had three heads.

Sure, no-one's said the performances were great. No-one's said it was a Wagnerian tactical masterclass either. When you have a team with its primary attacker still out (and arguably the main centre-half) then sometimes it's not about being pretty and more about playing the percentages. The confidence isn't there to play pretty football, so you just have to scrap.

It's not pretty, it's not sustainable, but at least they're giving themselves a chance to gain confidence. Whether it pans out that way remains to be seen.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Lets see how many wins we get after say the next 12.  If it is even 7 will still want him gone.  He is not a long term proposition to inspire attracrive football, how many of our wins have been anything other than dire performances.  Answers on a post card. 

• Like 2

I think some credit is due to someone I certainly did not see 3 wins from four after the Blackburn game.

9 points. But three poor performances. Against poor opposition. And some perplexing tactics again. Wagner gets enough results to keep himself employed at a forgiving unambitious club. But he loses enough to achieve nothing. Don’t lose sight of the latter. 

28 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Just need to hold this together until Sarge is back. 

Ipswich in the playoffs anyone?

The absolute banter option is for Russ or Farke to push Ipswich out of the top two on the last day of the season, us to scrape bizarrely into sixth place via something ridiculous like a last-minute fluke og, and for us to beat them in the play-off semi final despite having finished the season 20 points or more behind them.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Watched it on a babblin' bristol brook....3 points today I'm more than happy with....It weren't purty and both sides looked mid to lower table....but result keeps us within flobbin' a docker's oyster distance of the top half dozen....

Pleased for Adam and his dying seconds winner and I laughed heartily at Waggo's celebration antics.... 

Oh and plus we've got a homer tie in the FA Cup....a decent day for me....and a variable placebo 20% percent-er....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The absolute banter option is for Russ or Farke to push Ipswich out of the top two on the last day of the season, us to scrape bizarrely into sixth place via something ridiculous like a last-minute fluke og, and for us to beat them in the play-off semi final despite having finished the season 20 points or more behind them.

This is my favourite fantasy. With Gibbs to score the winning goal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I'd have to fully Tena-up in this scenario. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

You just know the Binners are cacking themselves over this scenario.

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

if we had not farked up at Watford we would now be one point off the playoffs

If we'd had Gunn in goal we wouldn't have f*cked it up vs Watford. Probably our most important player after Sargent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Make it ten

Plus ten more years at the helm for Delia and Micky....maybe we could put them in cryogenic suspension?.....(Just as long as they both aren't allergic to liquid nitrogen)?....

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I'd have to fully Tena-up in this scenario. 

....and also stand in an empty child's paddlin' pool....just in case of overflow....

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Make it ten

Exactly. It depends on where you draw the line.

Meaning it’s three wins in ten games.

Edited by CirclePoint

2 hours ago, pete said:

Lets see how many wins we get after say the next 12.  If it is even 7 will still want him gone.  He is not a long term proposition to inspire attracrive football, how many of our wins have been anything other than dire performances.  Answers on a post card. 

Depends where you draw the line but added to the 3 wins in 4 (on Knapper's watch), 10 wins in 16 definitely won't get you the sack unless Graham Potter phones Knapper and says he'll do the job for minimum wage.

It's that old cliche 'one game at a time', which applies to Wagner and NCFC more than ever. 

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Cheers for that, now I have to change my underwear. 

And my trousers

.....and my socks.