The Real Buh

Delia Out - Strategy Thread

First of all I fully accept that Delia hasn’t always been a bad owner for us. I was there for the titles and I was there at Wembley. I haven’t had selective amnesia.

But… It’s over. It’s been over for quite a while now.

She won’t go quietly, that’s for sure. However, she is weak. I don’t think she’s ever been this weak. We have a golden opportunity to oust her right now. The exit door is open for her.

We definitely need to strategise, and I’m not talking about bedsheets at the ground, somebody else can organise a MySpace event or whatever it is. That’s not my bag.

If we want to get Delia I’m afraid it’s got to be character damage and I’m afraid it’s got to be national. Local level damage to her reputation isn’t enough and she knows that. Any time that escapes local news and into a wider sphere is where she panics. Her weakness has always been her ego. I believe we need to attack that ego. Embarrass her and have the sky cameras pan over to her, that’s what she fears. 

She also needs to be, and it’s a shame to say this, baited into making a fool of herself.

I’m fairly sure that we’ve come to the point that the only thing that would facilitate an exit from this club for her is another “let’s be having you” style moment. I kind of think that’s got to happen, and then she’s convinced to leave as a result of the reaction.

It’s a shame it’s come to this but maybe it was always going to end this way, with her disgraced. What always matters is the club though. We will survive and we have a good heart.

• Sad 1

It can only come from the crowd of the day, I suspect S & J don't use social media or read this site. I don't particularly like demos outside the ground, they can be extremist and become nasty. It needs to come from the stands.

Once the penny drops that her perception of it only being 20% of disgruntles is shown up to be the myth that it is, then her self-perceived vision of her value to the club will be realised.

Quite frankly, the crowd needs to turn, take a leaf from the seemingly more fervent away supporters and express their discontent with meaningful noise.

I suspect it might need a defeat to the Binners to bring this about.  

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Make a sign with "20%" on, everyone hold it up on 20 minutes ? 

Unironically it’s these more subtle attacks that work better. Massing outside Carrow road and whatnot just won’t leave the local sphere. 

Delias ego is the key, it needs to be bruised and bruised on a national scale.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It can only come from the crowd of the day, I suspect S & J don't use social media or read this site. I don't particularly like demos outside the ground, they can be extremist and become nasty. It needs to come from the stands.

Once the penny drops that her perception of it only being 20% of disgruntles is shown up to be the myth that it is, then her self-perceived vision of her value to the club will be realised.

Quite frankly, the crowd needs to turn, take a leaf from the seemingly more fervent away supporters and express their discontent with meaningful noise.

I suspect it might need a defeat to the Binners to bring this about.  

The Ipswich game could be key and Delia won’t be able to hide. 

No. This lady and her husband deserve much better than this. Get a life and organise a petition or something, not a public humiliation for someone who has given so much time, love and commitment to the club. I am totally certain we would not have had all the ups we have had without her.

Things are moving behind the scenes, just let it happen and keep YOUR ego to yourself. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stratton canary said:

Next Saturday's home game   "Stand up, if you're 20%" song! 

You missed the divorcee bit out. 😉

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No. This lady and her husband deserve much better than this. Get a life and organise a petition or something, not a public humiliation for someone who has given so much time, love and commitment to the club. I am totally certain we would not have had all the ups we have had without her.

Things are moving behind the scenes, just let it happen and keep YOUR ego to yourself. 

I’m sorry it’s come to this, I really am. I take no pleasure in it. However, I think it’s the way it’s got to go down.

The Ego is the key. You have to be able to separate yourself from it. 

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I agree strongly that delia and MWJ’s time is up. I also agree with this post from Lakey. Turning to nastiness for two people in their 80’s (who do care about our club) is classless and distasteful. 

I’m all for a vocalising at the games etc but “baiting her” and attacking her personally and all that kind of thing is not the way. 

But this is why she should step aside gracefully and a soon as possible. The reason Daniel Farke is held in such high esteem is because he left before things got dragged through the gutter. Delia should do the same so she can leave as a kind of “Mother Norwich City” figure rather than end up the way of Robert Chase. Even Chase admitted in later years that in hindsight he wished he’d have recognised his shelf life and walked away sooner and with respect.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I agree strongly that delia and MWJ’s time is up. I also agree with this post from Lakey. Turning to nastiness for two people in their 80’s (who do care about our club) is classless and distasteful. 

I’m all for a vocalising at the games etc but “baiting her” and attacking her personally and all that kind of thing is not the way. 

But this is why she should step aside gracefully and a soon as possible. The reason Daniel Farke is held in such high esteem is because he left before things got dragged through the gutter. Delia should do the same so she can leave as a kind of “Mother Norwich City” figure rather than end up the way of Robert Chase. Even Chase admitted in later years that in hindsight he wished he’d have recognised his shelf life and walked away sooner and with respect.

Mother Norwich City?

That time has passed. 

My assessment is a cold, unemotional one but it is undoubtedly strategic. Ego is key and if that’s what needs to be attacked then that’s what needs to happen.

The whole thing is a shame.

Because of those sympathetic fans on this thread, is the reason why the problem has been ongoing for so long. Little nice norwich. Other fans, wouldn't have put up with this for this long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Can't tell if this is just normal Buh tongue-in-cheek nonsense or a serious post.

'Ego is key' in particular so thick with irony it almost needs to be moved to its own messageboard to prevent network collapse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Can't tell if this is just normal Buh tongue-in-cheek nonsense or a serious post.

'Ego is key' in particular so thick with irony it almost needs to be moved to its own messageboard to prevent network collapse.

Im always looking for a means to an end 

It can be as simple as a cup of tea

Her Ego is indeed key, the AGM showing made that clear.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Im always looking for a means to an end 

It can be as simple as a cup of tea

Her Ego is indeed key, the AGM showing made that clear.

She did make a bit of a fool of herself at the AGM, I will give you that.

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

She did make a bit of a fool of herself at the AGM, I will give you that.

It’s a shame, and the gulf of class between her and Mark was very much in show

I suspect given the fallout from the recent round of interviews, and the subsequent groundswell of opinions on here and elsewhere (I suspect if she doesn't read them, she will be aware of them) that this will rapidly accelerate the complete takeover by MA. Much sooner rather than later.

Save your energy.

48 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't think that is her perception at all. Nobody can be happy atm, herself included, what she said was that the "boo boys" were only about 20%, which from what I have observed is not far off.

The last time we had regular good times watching City live, were pre covid, nobody enjoys this but a lot of fans have experienced this before and know in their hearts that those who offer easy solutions and panaceas are not to be believed.

Err is she not already going and the attanasios taking over. It is just not happening fast enough for some people. 

If you want to organise a campaign start one against attanasio to get ahead of the curve.

There is an inbuilt assumption in all the Webber out, Delia out negative spiral that things are going to get better when all these “toxic” people have been removed. Unless the attanasio or knapper can pull some rabbits out of hats then our ceiling will remain the top 26 at best.

• Like 2

I personally will not take part in anything that targets Delia and MWJ personally, despite my wish for them to stand aside. Any "protest" at the ground has to be undertaken on the clear understanding that not everybody agrees with it or supports it, if there was a "stand up if you are 20%" (I would stand up) my concern is that it causes problems if people choose not to stand up.............

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

First of all I fully accept that Delia hasn’t always been a bad owner for us. I was there for the titles and I was there at Wembley. I haven’t had selective amnesia.

But… It’s over. It’s been over for quite a while now.

She won’t go quietly, that’s for sure. However, she is weak. I don’t think she’s ever been this weak. We have a golden opportunity to oust her right now. The exit door is open for her.

We definitely need to strategise, and I’m not talking about bedsheets at the ground, somebody else can organise a MySpace event or whatever it is. That’s not my bag.

If we want to get Delia I’m afraid it’s got to be character damage and I’m afraid it’s got to be national. Local level damage to her reputation isn’t enough and she knows that. Any time that escapes local news and into a wider sphere is where she panics. Her weakness has always been her ego. I believe we need to attack that ego. Embarrass her and have the sky cameras pan over to her, that’s what she fears. 

She also needs to be, and it’s a shame to say this, baited into making a fool of herself.

I’m fairly sure that we’ve come to the point that the only thing that would facilitate an exit from this club for her is another “let’s be having you” style moment. I kind of think that’s got to happen, and then she’s convinced to leave as a result of the reaction.

It’s a shame it’s come to this but maybe it was always going to end this way, with her disgraced. What always matters is the club though. We will survive and we have a good heart.

Personally feel that is going to far , and anyone can shoot me down on both sides. To me the interviews the other night she was either drunk or age has caught up with her mind, I actually think people in the club have taken advantage of this situation. I would like to see at a televised game 25 thousand cards printed out red and green to whether we think her time is up. Let's not have to start anti Delia songs .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The Ipswich game could be key and Delia won’t be able to hide. 

No , we should go to Ipswich for a fun day out no matter what and if we lose , clap every goal conceded,  applaud at the end no matter what.  She will know what it means. Don't turn in front of Ipswich fans.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

She thinks your a moron and doesn’t care what you think though?

*I don’t condone humiliating her though. Singing and protest with nothing personal is absolutely what it should be.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Disagree , nothing in our recent history before her suggests we would of been any worse. They came to us twice for money , hucks and holt , never again.

At full-time against Preston we the whinging 20% could all throw a load of these onto the playing surface in protest....

image.jpeg.4957fb1dd895916d01093d64161d274e.jpeg 

...a sort of 'peach invasion'.....

• Haha 2

I mean. If anyone actually watched all the stuff from the AGM they'd realise Delia and Michael are on their way anyway. Certainly sooner than the 3 years.

• Like 1

i think it will move faster now after AGM 

AM is buying something and does not want the fans upset ,

AM Also would have agreed a price he has to put in or value of the club he does not want his product / company damaged ,

Someone who will not be here in the Future saying things that could affect income will not go down well i would imagine ,

That is why MA is positive and Delia says Negative things ,

MA is the only Loser Delia and MWJ will not be here 

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

At full-time against Preston we the whinging 20% could all throw a load of these onto the playing surface in protest....

image.jpeg.4957fb1dd895916d01093d64161d274e.jpeg 

...a sort of 'peach invasion'.....

Delia will say i have seen it all Peach jam ,peach melba ,peach Flan i have seen them all it is not easy you have no idea