The Real Buh

Delia Out - Strategy Thread

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

You should all meet in the Murders and march on Carrow Rd, try not to start before Smudger gets there.

Do you mean the Gardening Arms?....

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Make a sign saying 'Delia out', then take it to the Arctic circle and walk up and down with it. Wear Bermuda shorts and let the press know you're doing it.

I'll let anyone know if I see any doing this event like that (yeah, I'm doing the half-mara up there again).

PolarNight Marathon - Midnight Sun Marathon (EN) (msm.no)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I ran on Friday night to the bar for last orders, still knackered now so respect for taking on that challenge. 

Ah, I don't think it'll be too bad. I did it in 2019 and the wind was by far the biggest problem. If you've ran in Arctic conditions before, which I have (this event and the Polar Circle Marathon in Greenland in 2016), there's nothing about it that's frightening provided your clothing's in order. Spitsbergen Marathon isn't really Arctic conditions as it takes place in June, so the wind's potentially a ****, but the temperatures are usually fine for running in.

What will be interesting is putting portable crampons on carbon-plate trainers if the course is icy or snowed up.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I really don't think we're getting relegated.

As for people not doing things, of course you're right. But @The Real Buh is just as guilty of doing nothing, unless he made his voice heard at Bristol away yesterday? Starting a thread on a forum does not = doing something.

My methods are subtle and nefarious 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

I really don't think we're getting relegated.

As for people not doing things, of course you're right. But @The Real Buh is just as guilty of doing nothing, unless he made his voice heard at Bristol away yesterday? Starting a thread on a forum does not = doing something.

Of course you're also right - keyboard warriors like me ranting away don't change anything. I think we tend towards hyperbole because we know deep down that we are powerless. And after the three wins in four games I also agree that the fear of relegation has receded a lot, especially if we don't screw up the two winnable home games coming up next. The QPR game, especially, was crucial. We're ten points ahead of them now - swap the result around and that would only be four. 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I realise I'm helping keep this thread at the top of the board, but really, there's only one ego that needs to be confronted and that is the ego belonging to the original poster. The approach he is taking to this is way out of line with any kind of general decency and respect for what DS/MJW have done for the club over 28 years.

Trouble is, the more you confront him, the more it gives him ammunition to keep pushing his rather sad attitude to a situation that is resolving itself anyway.  As @Myra Hawtree has just said, we have a reputation as a club and fans - and it is a good one - don't ruin it by being a d*ck and inciting unecessary bitterness. 

Their tenure as owners has been a big mix of good and bad - some fantastic memories and unforgettable occasions - and they are moving on anyway - so what is the point of all this angst?

None at all......it's just Buh banging on about something again, best ignore him I suppose and he might go away.

People that support Delia enjoy nipple clamps and you know it 

27 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I like them at the weekend and I definitely don’t support Delia. 

50 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Of course you're also right - keyboard warriors like me ranting away don't change anything. I think we tend towards hyperbole because we know deep down that we are powerless. And after the three wins in four games I also agree that the fear of relegation has receded a lot, especially if we don't screw up the two winnable home games coming up next. The QPR game, especially, was crucial. We're ten points ahead of them now - swap the result around and that would only be four. 

A moment of clarity on this thread, Bubbles.

25 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You seem like you are fighting a pointless battle. We all know change is happening, it's totally clear, so there is no need to try and incite bad feeling. It's just unecessary.

The thing with these 20% comments is that she's right. Should she have said it? Probably weaker people would say no. Or some nonsense about the customer always being right. But I disagree with that. She was talking about the negativity towards our players. She said it must be difficult to play your best with this negativity going on. And she's right. 

Interesting that all this has built up a siege mentality and we saw the results of that yesterday. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The thing with these 20% comments is that she's right. Should she have said it? Probably weaker people would say no. Or some nonsense about the customer always being right. But I disagree with that. She was talking about the negativity towards our players. She said it must be difficult to play your best with this negativity going on. And she's right. 

Interesting that all this has built up a siege mentality and we saw the results of that yesterday. 

It’s not twenty per cent, it’s now far higher. S&J hanging around for 2 more years minimum, I don’t think so. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s not twenty per cent, it’s now far higher. S&J hanging around for 2 more years minimum, I don’t think so. 

And all this faux butthurtery is ridiculous. She clearly wasn't talking about you.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

And all this faux butthurtery is ridiculous. She clearly wasn't talking about you.

Pleasure as always engaging with you Nutty, you always make sense. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Pleasure as always engaging with you Nutty, you always make sense. 

You'd love to be a 20%er but you rarely go. And when you do go you're an 80%er.

Fake.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

You'd love to be a 20%er but you rarely go. And when you do go you're an 80%er.

Fake.

Thanks again for your thoughtful reply, what a fan base we’d have if everyone was like you. We could even challenge Portsmouth. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thanks again for your thoughtful reply, what a fan base we’d have if everyone was like you. We could even challenge Portsmouth. 

You're welcome. Always a pleasure, never a chore.

• Like 1

The exposure is now complete now that Nige has rocked up on his white horse

when she goes there will be cheers and no statue

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The exposure is now complete now that Nige has rocked up on his white horse

when she goes there will be cheers and no statue

Might you be wrong and NN has his finger on the pulse to know what’s best to how Norwich fans should be thinking? 

It certainly 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Might you be wrong and NN has his finger on the pulse to know what’s best to how Norwich fans should be thinking? 

It's not about what people are thinking. That just strays from the point that Delia was right about the whingers and the affect it has on our players.

The 20% can join yesterday's siege mentality or be on the outside p!ssing in. We all know that when results pick up they'll blend in with the 80% and pretend they've been there throughout anyway.

• Like 2

On 03/12/2023 at 11:40, hogesar said:

I mean. If anyone actually watched all the stuff from the AGM they'd realise Delia and Michael are on their way anyway. Certainly sooner than the 3 years.

Yes, I was there and they did look a little sad and out of place sat next to the young suits.

It won’t be three years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It certainly 

It's not about what people are thinking. That just strays from the point that Delia was right about the whingers and the affect it has on our players.

The 20% can join yesterday's siege mentality or be on the outside p!ssing in. We all know that when results pick up they'll blend in with the 80% and pretend they've been there throughout anyway.

God no!! Delia made a fool of herself once again. She’s a girl who loves her wine (so do I) but has never realised when on camera everyone knows she’s pissed. I appreciate you’ll defend her until your last breath (it’s commendable and sweet and you probably met her once) but for many fans she’s a total embarrassment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Ah, it makes sense now……Baldrick’s cunning plan to hoist us into the top six.

The woman’s a genius.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

God no!! Delia made a fool of herself once again. She’s a girl who loves her wine (so do I) but has never realised when on camera everyone knows she’s pissed. I appreciate you’ll defend her until your last breath (it’s commendable and sweet and you probably met her once) but for many fans she’s a total embarrassment. 

I'm defending what she said. She was right. Are you saying this whingeing helps our players? If so, why are you not part of the 20%?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The logic to that is had it been thought that the whingers comprised say 30% then we might have won 3-1 - and it could therefore be argued that the 80%, by not helping to create that 'siege mentality' are in fact part of the reason for many of the defeats this season so far.

What stance would you suggest for this coming Saturday, assuming I want us to win ?

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No shame in getting a bit lairy on the sauce. Many of us do it. Helps the world go round.

Perhaps the secret is not to do it when you’re representing your organisation when under the media spotlight.

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm defending what she said. She was right. Are you saying this whingeing helps our players? If so, why are you not part of the 20%?

I just think you’re amazing and just bring much needed balance to this MB.