The Real Buh

Delia Out - Strategy Thread

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No shame in getting a bit lairy on the sauce. Many of us do it. Helps the world go round.

Perhaps the secret is not to do it when you’re representing your organisation when under the media spotlight.

Again and again and again. 

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No shame in getting a bit lairy on the sauce. Many of us do it. Helps the world go round.

Perhaps the secret is not to do it when you’re representing your organisation when under the media spotlight.

I love going down all these rabbit holes. 

Do you think she was right about the whingers?

Are you butthurt because your 'Organisation' criticised some of it's customers?

Do you like the smooth sleek professional presentation that our American friend has brought to your 'Organisation''?

I'm still a fan of old fashioned football support where we get behind our team.

This is Norwich City FC, not Delia FC

Imagine being loyal to Delia, how embarrassing.

Edited by The Real Buh

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I love going down all these rabbit holes. 

Do you think she was right about the whingers?

Are you butthurt because your 'Organisation' criticised some of it's customers?

Do you like the smooth sleek professional presentation that our American friend has brought to your 'Organisation''?

I'm still a fan of old fashioned football support where we get behind our team.

The thing is Nutty  in ‘ organisations’ as you call them it’s common sense not to alienate yourself from the people that keep you in business. I’m sure you can remember Gerald Ratner’s public remark that some of his company’s products were ‘ total c*ap ‘. That had about as much appeal to his shareholders as a fart in a lift.

Delia may be right about the whingers but it’s wise not to say it half cut at your company’s AGM. Mark Attanasio looked very uncomfortable but I suppose one plus about the whole sorry episode is that he will want the ownership issue decided well before this mystical three year figure being bandied about.

I’m not butt-hurt that an individual on the top table criticised some of their customers. I was just sad that she couldn’t refrain from doing something that generated so much ridicule for her at that televised Man City game.

Delia and MWJ are decent people who have done a lot for the club but hasn’t the time come for them to move on ?

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
Duplicate post quote

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The thing is Nutty  in ‘ organisations’ as you call them it’s common sense not to alienate yourself from the people that keep you in business. I’m sure you can remember Gerald Ratner’s public remark that some of his company’s products were ‘ total c*ap ‘. That had about as much appeal to his shareholders as a fart in a lift.

Delia may be right about the whingers but it’s wise not to say it half cut at your company’s AGM. Mark Attanasio looked very uncomfortable but I suppose one plus about the whole sorry episode is that he will want the ownership issue decided well before this mystical three year figure being bandied about.

I’m not butt-hurt that an individual on the top table criticised some of their customers. I was just sad that she couldn’t refrain from doing something that generated so much ridicule for her at that televised Man City game.

Delia and MWJ are decent people who have done a lot for the club but hasn’t the time come for them to move on ?

It's not my organisation and I can't believe that you compare our club to a jewellers shop. All I said was that she was right about the whingers and the effect they have on our players. The rest of it is just trying to deflect from that. Do you think she was right? And do you think this helps our players?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not my organisation and I can't believe that you compare our club to a jewellers shop. All I said was that she was right about the whingers and the effect they have on our players. The rest of it is just trying to deflect from that. Do you think she was right? And do you think this helps our players?

Jewellers or sporting outfit at the end of the day the punters are all customers. Right in getting on the sauce pre-AGM ? No. Does it help our players that she was on the sauce ? I expect they’ve had a good laugh about it so may have improved morale enough for a 95th minute winner yesterday.

You know this going round and round at the Mad  Hatter’s  tea party brings back some fond memories from back in the day but I’ve got a few things to do so I’ll bid you goodnight. 

Sorry we didn’t get the chance to have more of a chin wag last Thursday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Jewellers or sporting outfit at the end of the day the punters are all customers. Right in getting on the sauce pre-AGM ? No. Does it help our players that she was on the sauce ? I expect they’ve had a good laugh about it so may have improved morale enough for a 95th minute winner yesterday.

You know this going round and round at the Mad  Hatter’s  tea party brings back some fond memories from back in the day but I’ve got a few things to do so I’ll bid you goodnight. 

Sorry we didn’t get the chance to have more of a chin wag last Thursday.

It's going round and round because you won't say if you think Delia was right about the whingers. You say a lot of other things but not that.

Now you'd be surprised how popular our owners are with the Managers and players.  They appreciate them looking out for their families. When they had their 25 year celebration Paul Lambert came, despite all the acrimony between him, Bowkett and McNally when he left. And all that happened at the binners game when he returned. He made sure he came for Delia and Michael. If the 20%ers turn on Delia and Michael it could well strengthen that siege mentality.

We live in different worlds Smiffy. You like sleek professional organisations and outfits. I love our football club.

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's going round and round because you won't say if you think Delia was right about the whingers. You say a lot of other things but not that.

Now you'd be surprised how popular our owners are with the Managers and players.  They appreciate them looking out for their families. When they had their 25 year celebration Paul Lambert came, despite all the acrimony between him, Bowkett and McNally when he left. And all that happened at the binners game when he returned. He made sure he came for Delia and Michael. If the 20%ers turn on Delia and Michael it could well strengthen that siege mentality.

We live in different worlds Smiffy. You like sleek professional organisations and outfits. I love our football club.

What a fan. 

So, yeah, in summary:

>Bait her into making a fool of herself nationally

>embarrass her on a national level

>Attack her ego

We’re all set.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

The logic to that is had it been thought that the whingers comprised say 30% then we might have won 3-1 - and it could therefore be argued that the 80%, by not helping to create that 'siege mentality' are in fact part of the reason for many of the defeats this season so far.

What stance would you suggest for this coming Saturday, assuming I want us to win ?

Your mistake is thinking that creating a siege mentality is a credit to fans. It's not. It means the players are doing their best in spite of the fans, not because of them. It's basically a f*k you to the fans as they prove what they're capable of to attract interest from further up the footballing food chain. It's professionalism kicking in in spite of the complete lack of enjoyment that comes from playing for us in such a miserable atmosphere. If they do get that opportunity, rest assured that the situation will mean they won't look back any more than Pukki did.

She's right, there's a core, Buh being a prime example, who are never satisfied and realistically can never be satisfied. They detract far more from the enjoyment of following Norwich than performances, or Delia, ever can.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Your mistake is thinking that creating a siege mentality is a credit to fans. It's not. It means the players are doing their best in spite of the fans, not because of them. It's basically a f*k you to the fans as they prove what they're capable of to attract interest from further up the footballing food chain. If they do get that opportunity, rest assured that the situation will mean they won't look back any more than Pukki did.

She's right, there's a core, Buh being a prime example, who are never satisfied and realistically can never be satisfied. They detract far more from the enjoyment of following Norwich than performances, or Delia, ever can.

Anyone who spends money on a season ticket unlike you and me can say what they want. When are you next over to watch a match? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone who spends money on a season ticket unlike you and me can say what they want. When are you next over to watch a match? 

That's consumerism, not support.

Hoping to pop over in the new year.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Decent effort. 

Why do you think that's important? If we're talking about consumerism, my replica shirts and TV subscriptions put money in the coffers of the club without carrying any bad vibes into Carrow Road week after week as some do. Aren't any fans concerned that one of our best ever seasons in recent memory happened when the stadium was empty game after game? That would worry me as to how useful my attendance was to the club in anything other than financial terms.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why do you think that's important? If we're talking about consumerism, my replica shirts and TV subscriptions put money in the coffers of the club without carrying any bad vibes into Carrow Road week after week as some do. Aren't any fans concerned that one of our best ever seasons in recent memory happened when the stadium was empty game after game? That would worry me as to how useful my attendance was to the club in anything other than financial terms.

You’re a forthright and at times judgmental poster on others. Haven’t been to a match in 18 years but only a short flight away. Nowt wrong with that but steady on with with your ideology on anyone who pays out weekly to watch the crap at times and then ain’t happy. 

47 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm a supporter.

The very best to take on Mr. Portsmouth.

No point in being bothered when they put up the admission prices though as D&M are indistinguishable from politicians in their money wasting exploits.

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The very best to take on Mr. Portsmouth.

No point in being bothered when they put up the admission prices though as D&M are indistinguishable from politicians in their money wasting exploits.

Remember when I said it's often suggested I have 'weirdo's welcome' tattooed on my forehead?

I like you Essex :classic_ninja:

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Your mistake is thinking that creating a siege mentality is a credit to fans. It's not. It means the players are doing their best in spite of the fans, not because of them. It's basically a f*k you to the fans as they prove what they're capable of to attract interest from further up the footballing food chain. It's professionalism kicking in in spite of the complete lack of enjoyment that comes from playing for us in such a miserable atmosphere. If they do get that opportunity, rest assured that the situation will mean they won't look back any more than Pukki did.

The issue is more fundamental IMO. Norwich City is a business, but it’s not a traditional one, no FC is.

Supporters cannot leave their club anymore than we can stop loving our children.

That means supporters aren’t going anywhere, not permanently, no matter how bad it gets or how much they may dislike something.

Knowing that, attacking them in any sense is rather pointless whether they will never be satisfied or not, they aren’t going anywhere and you’re just stoking division. It amazes me how that lesson has not been learnt.

All it’s done is created the exact environment you’re complaining about. After all if only 20% whinge why aren’t 80% creating the atmosphere still? I’d wager it’s because a large proportion of the most passionate supporters are in the 20%. We all instinctively know this from where the most noise is usually generated from be it positive or negative in the ground.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

The issue is more fundamental IMO. Norwich City is a business, but it’s not a traditional one, no FC is.

Supporters cannot leave their club anymore than we can stop loving our children.

That means supporters aren’t going anywhere, not permanently, no matter how bad it gets or how much they may dislike something.

Knowing that, attacking them in any sense is rather pointless whether they will never be satisfied or not, they aren’t going anywhere and you’re just stoking division. It amazes me how that lesson has not been learnt.

All it’s done is created the exact environment you’re complaining about. After all if only 20% whinge why aren’t 80% creating the atmosphere still? I’d wager it’s because a large proportion of the most passionate supporters are in the 20%. We all instinctively know this from where the most noise is usually generated from be it positive or negative in the ground.

I hear you. Though I’m still not sure what she said was stoking division. What she said is, fundamentally, true. If we get on our own teams backs, it’s manna from heaven for the opposing team and manager. Because things are pretty moody at present, any oppo manager coming to Carrow Road is surely going to suggest that they start really hard, chase everything, and be front foot. It won’t be sustainable, but if us lot start groaning and go quiet(er) then it’s the first battle won.

It has changed in recent years too, I think. When we’ve looked like we are challenging - going back years and years - if we conceded there’d be an absolute chorus of OTBC ring out around the ground, an effort to lift the team and confirmation that we were still with them. These days, we might score a goal and then a “How Sh1t Must You Be, We’re Winning At Home” or something might ring out. I love a bit of gallows as much as the next fan but we do seem short on memory as to how bad we could/can be.

It can’t possibly help and while clumsily put, she wasn’t wrong. As I’ve said elsewhere, Delia doesn’t change. She says daft things when we’re doing well and daft things when we’re not. It’s just that when we’re doing well she’s that lovable old girl in the background and when we’re not she’s an omnipotent harridan, betrayed by her years. Just like she’s a passenger when we’re in the front foot and running the show when we’re not.

It’s all b0ll0cks of course. She’s not banging on the boardroom table and demanding that Hernandez starts; they pay people handsomely to make those decisions and to decide who to let make those choices.

I completely understand the animosity towards Wagner; I’d sack him. Yet during the game, our only choice, the only way we can influence the game positively, is to back whoever Wagner picks, get behind them, cane the opposition and berate the officials every time they give a decision against us.

Come 90 minutes, if we get thumped, have your “say”. It’s done then. But at least you/we will all know that WE left everything out there for the team even if Hernandez couldn’t finish a Happy Meal or Gibson pass the parcel at a 6yo birthday party.

I think that’s what she was driving at and I don’t think she was wrong. I’m certainly not crying about it. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I hear you. Though I’m still not sure what she said was stoking division. What she said is, fundamentally, true. If we get on our own teams backs, it’s manna from heaven for the opposing team and manager. Because things are pretty moody at present, any oppo manager coming to Carrow Road is surely going to suggest that they start really hard, chase everything, and be front foot. It won’t be sustainable, but if us lot start groaning and go quiet(er) then it’s the first battle won.

It has changed in recent years too, I think. When we’ve looked like we are challenging - going back years and years - if we conceded there’d be an absolute chorus of OTBC ring out around the ground, an effort to lift the team and confirmation that we were still with them. These days, we might score a goal and then a “How Sh1t Must You Be, We’re Winning At Home” or something might ring out. I love a bit of gallows as much as the next fan but we do seem short on memory as to how bad we could/can be.

It can’t possibly help and while clumsily put, she wasn’t wrong. As I’ve said elsewhere, Delia doesn’t change. She says daft things when we’re doing well and daft things when we’re not. It’s just that when we’re doing well she’s that lovable old girl in the background and when we’re not she’s an omnipotent harridan, betrayed by her years. Just like she’s a passenger when we’re in the front foot and running the show when we’re not.

It’s all b0ll0cks of course. She’s not banging on the boardroom table and demanding that Hernandez starts; they pay people handsomely to make those decisions and to decide who to let make those choices.

I completely understand the animosity towards Wagner; I’d sack him. Yet during the game, our only choice, the only way we can influence the game positively, is to back whoever Wagner picks, get behind them, cane the opposition and berate the officials every time they give a decision against us.

Come 90 minutes, if we get thumped, have your “say”. It’s done then. But at least you/we will all know that WE left everything out there for the team even if Hernandez couldn’t finish a Happy Meal or Gibson pass the parcel at a 6yo birthday party.

I think that’s what she was driving at and I don’t think she was wrong. I’m certainly not crying about it. 

Yep.

In recent weeks I've heard things like "the players don't deserve our support".

Now, when it's a bunch of 7 loanee's Roeder has bought in and they can't be bothered to run, I can sort of understand it.

These players though, whilst not the best group in  terms of talent in recent years, are certainly working hard.

Basically, our fans have become the entitled lot that we used to point and laugh at with a "who do they think they are?" type view. Now it's us. Or the majority at least.

I'll never understand why you'd bother turning up to a football match with the intention of not supporting the team. Mental.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Remember when I said it's often suggested I have 'weirdo's welcome' tattooed on my forehead?

I like you Essex :classic_ninja:

We certainly need to get back to supporting the team.

Hope you heard Bridget on the Scrimmage last night. Once more she was bang on. There does need to be some imminent AGM follow up with a clear reset with the fanbase and a protocol going forward. As per another thread the Munby/Cullen approach needs to re-enacted in some form.

The whole 'fan negativity' part is **** though.

Firstly as Hucks said on twitter, all fan bases have negative elements, especially when things are going well.

Secondly, if the Portsmouth support is so wonderful and that fan positivity has such an influence, why have they spent the last decade in League One or Two?

Finally- I think @Monty13 has a really good point that the apparent 80% of less negative fans aren't actually creating much of an atmosphere. I get the sense those are the fans who sit having a nice chat with the folks around them while occasionally clapping. The fan group who've gone most out of their way to try and improve the atmosphere is mainly filled by those who got pilloried on here for their bedsheet protest. Take out the 20% of whingers and I'd argue you'd have the quietest stadium in football most weeks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Take out the 20% of whingers and I'd argue you'd have the quietest stadium in football most weeks.

Given an empty stadium returned one of our most spectacular seasons in recent years, you can't dismiss the possibility that would be no bad thing for the football.

I've read what the Edwards have said, but isn't it also true on Sunday the away fans as a body (I wasn't there but from streamland it seemed universal) booed the team off at half time. Then the team turned it around in the 2nd half! To my mind the whingers were part of what turned around the performance. No sense that universally getting behind the team was what caused that result.

Keep on whinging! 

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

Firstly as Hucks said on twitter, all fan bases have negative elements, especially when things are going well.

Secondly, if the Portsmouth support is so wonderful and that fan positivity has such an influence, why have they spent the last decade in League One or Two?

Finally- I think @Monty13 has a really good point that the apparent 80% of less negative fans aren't actually creating much of an atmosphere. I get the sense those are the fans who sit having a nice chat with the folks around them while occasionally clapping. The fan group who've gone most out of their way to try and improve the atmosphere is mainly filled by those who got pilloried on here for their bedsheet protest. Take out the 20% of whingers and I'd argue you'd have the quietest stadium in football most weeks.

The Pompey support idea is just a myth. Otherwise their manager would not have had to come out in support of Abu Kamara because of the flak he was getting from the Portsmouth boo boys!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I mean I have no problem with whinging, my issue is at the moment we aren't getting the other side you reference i.e the atmosphere has been terrible to start both last home games, before the players have even been given a chance.

So at the moment we get the whinging but without the support on the other side. The worst of both worlds, if you like.