Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Is Hernandez the worst player ever to play for Norwich

9 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

No he’s not but he is the new scapegoat 

Play like he did, and you will be a scapegoat! Last season he was on loan at Birmingham and not deemed good enough for NCFC.

• Like 1

There was more guile and creativity from Sainz in 15 mins last night than Hernandez in his last 2 games. All Onel seems to do these days is misplace passes and foul people, Of course a few times he will enthusiastically dribble the ball 15 yards before misplacing a pass or fouling somebody.

Useless player.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Pacy, direct, physical, dedicated, probably on reasonable wages?

If you want someone to come on and stretch play against a tiring defence I have seen far worse options over the last couple of decades.

For me that player is PP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, City 2nd said:

Play like he did, and you will be a scapegoat! Last season he was on loan at Birmingham and not deemed good enough for NCFC.

No he didn’t, last season he scored the winner at Birmingham for us

Hernandez is currently occupying a Sunak level of competency with the OP forgetting that Liz Truss was once in the position. Recency bias. Not so long ago we had Drmic playing in the PL for us.

However, like the rest of the side, he was utter tripe last night, and that's coming from someone who actually thinks he has a place in the squad. Wagner has to go, setting the team up as he does with is only damaging the confidence and legacy of generally decent but not outstanding players like Onel and McClean who may not be around or in the side for another shot.

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

There was more guile and creativity from Sainz in 15 mins last night than Hernandez in his last 2 games. All Onel seems to do these days is misplace passes and foul people, Of course a few times he will enthusiastically dribble the ball 15 yards before misplacing a pass or fouling somebody.

Useless player.

...and looking at him last night,by the close ups on tv, he realises he's cr#p!!!

14 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

He's not a scapegoat, he's just an awful player. Offers absolutely nothing, hasn't done since our first promotion season under Farke.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mastoola said:

Probably the best defender for Watford tonight.  How this guy plays for us beggars belief.

Oh get a fuking grip.

Some fans Jesus wept 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mastoola said:

Probably the best defender for Watford tonight.  How this guy plays for us beggars belief.

Clickbait comment worshipper 

You and I both know the answer and it’s not what you posed in the topic 

17 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

He's not a scapegoat, he's just an awful player. Offers absolutely nothing, hasn't done since our first promotion season under Farke.

As much as I don't rate Hernandez it's a (little) bit sad he has been singled out but it is what it is. Trouble is as long as he keeps getting selected and as long as performances and results are utterly dire more and more players will be targeted. We're already seeing it with Duffy, Long and Stacey can't be far behind. It's a horrible atmosphere for the players which isn't going to get better, especially if Wagner remains.

Is Hernandez the worst player ever to play for Norwich?

Err, NO! 

in recent memory Naismith and van Wolfswinkle rate way above (?) Argos. 

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

****ing nora.

Sounds like someone Wayne Rooney would. 😉

He's obviously not the 'worst ever player' but I absolutely agree that he's nowhere near good enough. The problem is that he's actually very good at some aspects of the game; good enough to get a new contract and a regular starting spot, but then so awful at picking a pass under pressure that he negates everything positive. If he was genuinely rubbish then it would be far better for the club because he could simply be dropped and forgotten.

People love to throw around the 'scapegoat' thing but it's actually true that carrying certain players in certain positions is undermining the whole team. With Rowe in for Hernandez, Sara behind Sargent and McLean at 8 along side a decent 6, I think we'd have a decent enough team ( kamikaze pressing aside). With Hernandez in the team many of our attacking transitions simply break down. 

2 hours ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

how bad must Sainz be in training?

Would you really trust Wagner's judgement at this point though?

He clearly has a penchant for experience so it doesn't shock me we keep rolling out the same players who keep underperforming.

Not by a long shot, he is one of the few forward thinking players we have, he is always trying to run the ball forward rather than playing back to goal. granted his end product is a bit lacking, but the work rate and passion is there.
I found he was most effective when he was brought on for the last 20mins of a game, when he would just run at the defence; definately not the answer for a 90min player!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I dont agree he's the new scapegoat, albeit it might seem that way amongst the forum. He just simply isnt good enough and is just a more well liked version of Placheta in my eyes. Arguably PP looks better than Onel with his end product now, which at least he seems to be improving. Onel on the other hand... I just want Sainz starting asap (once fit).

• Like 1