Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Looks like our midfielder had a good game..

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's funny.

Scots are apparently the ones who considers "playing against England as a cup final", yada yada yada, and yet on here the Scotland threads are perpetually spammed with hate, xenophobic slurs and insults.

Meanwhile, me (the only Scot here) has never uttered one insulting thing in a thread dedicated to England.

Just shows you that the fallacy that the rivalry Is one sided is just that. A fallacy.

Namaste.

England / Scotland isn't even close, no matter how you cut it.

Let it go, youre embarrassing yourself.

Classic Napoleon complex.

Having lived in Scotland for 30 years, and despite claiming not to define themselves by their neighbours, I can confirm they believe their national team's greatest achievement was beating England at Wembley in 1967, then will happily go on to accuse the English of living on past glories. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Meanwhile, me (the only Scot here) has never uttered one insulting thing in a thread dedicated to England.

You said Billy Gilmour would walk into the England midfield.

That's one of the most insulting things I've ever read about a football team.

If I was you, I'd have flagged the post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Let what go? I never said a word.

Read the thread, mate.

The post that set you off wasn't insulting Scotland, it was questioning whether McLean looking good against Georgia (who are ****e) was particularly impressive.

The fact you took it as an insult just kind of backs up the idea you've got a little man complex going on.

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Broken record, much.

Gilmour is a starter for a top 6 EPL club. Deal with it.

If you honestly think that Kelvin I've-been-fused-used-to-the-Manchester-City-bench Phillips or Jordan I'm-on-semi-retirement Henderson would start in front of him then fair enough.

Sport is all about opinions. 🙂

They're 8th by the way.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Not by the end of the season they won't be. Newcastle, Villa and Tottenham will probably run out of steam.

If they continue to play Gilmour from the start they'll finish below Everton - even with today's news I'm still confident of that. 😉 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Also Brighton have played 17 games, Gilmour has started nine. 

So he's an occasional starter for club not in the top 6.

Apart from that, spot on.

• Like 1

I’d just like to remind people that fishing with haggis tends to leave a nasty smell on your hands for several days 👍

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Also Brighton have played 17 games, Gilmour has started nine. 

So he's an occasional starter for club not in the top 6.

Apart from that, spot on.

Pretty usual for @TheDarkKnight - if you ignore the fact he manages to get literally everything he says about football demonstrably wrong, he's pretty good with his football knowledge 😉 

18 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Let's compare the one with your "rivals".

Including World Cup, European Championships and Copa America:

Argentina (18)  

Uruguay (17) 

Brazil (14)

Germany (7)

Italy (6)

France (4)

Spain (4)

Chile (2)

Paraguay (2)

Colombia(1)

Czechoslovakia (1) 

Denmark (1)

England (1)

Greece (1)

Netherlands (1)

Peru (1)

Soviet Union (1)

Where’s Scotland?

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's where the Oil and Gas comes from that have propped up the UK economy since the 70s.

Just ask the Prime Minister. His wife's family are going to rake in £1.5billion from the new North Sea llicenses. Insider trading.

Lol what’s with the stereotypical chip on your shoulder?

One comment about the standard of Scotlands opponents gets you all worked up. 

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Broken record, much.

If you honestly think that Kelvin I've-been-fused-used-to-the-Manchester-City-bench Phillips or Jordan I'm-on-semi-retirement Henderson would start in front of him then fair enough.

Sport is all about opinions. 🙂

Evidently, you don’t watch sport

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's where the Oil and Gas comes from that have propped up the UK economy since the 70s.

Just ask the Prime Minister. His wife's family are going to rake in £1.5billion from the new North Sea llicenses. Insider trading.

True, but to redress the balance a little about 25% of gas comes from the Southern North Sea, hence the gas terminal at Bacton........Home Rule for Norfolk, Blass Yis Bor!!

• Haha 1

What a bizarre thread, reduced to the usual 'them' and 'us' cr*p.

England/Scotland "banter" aside, I have to say DK has a point about England being the biggest underachievers ever. We tend to believe our own hype time and time again and always seem to end up being not quite good enough.

One trophy in our entire history isn't really something to get too excited by. For me anyway.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Without doubt, the most elitist and Toryesque thing I've ever read on here.

Embarrassing.

It equals the people who said that Norwich City should be banned from the EPL as they are perpetual "cannon fodder."

Keep out the riff-raff, eh?

Enjoy your Prawn sandwich and champagne.

Idiot

Thats what a year of qualification is for 

Why dont you just let all 55 european countries play in the finals and do away with qualification at all?

How many teams do YOU think should be in a 'finals' ?????

....then again , dont bother answering, I'm not really sure why youre even here at all, other than to come along every international break with your anti english sh!te and to seemingly report and try to have banned norwich fans on a norwich forum

A nice piece of work

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Idiot

Thats what a year of qualification is for 

Why dont you just let all 55 european countries play in the finals and do away with qualification at all?

How many teams do YOU think should be in a 'finals' ?????

....then again , dont bother answering, I'm not really sure why youre even here at all, other than to come along every international break with your anti english sh!te and to seemingly report and try to have banned norwich fans on a norwich forum

A nice piece of work

Basically he's been proven wrong about every post he's ever made on here so he tries to create a new angle every now and again.

Inevitably he ends up looking stupid, and goes again 

2 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

England/Scotland "banter" aside, I have to say DK has a point about England being the biggest underachievers ever. We tend to believe our own hype time and time again and always seem to end up being not quite good enough.

One trophy in our entire history isn't really something to get too excited by. For me anyway.

Surely if you are not quite good enough then you haven't underachieved?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Surely if you are not quite good enough then you haven't underachieved?

Indeed. The mistake we make is that we think we are world beaters every time!

• Like 1

Just now, Richard Richard said:

Not sure that's been the case for many a year though. The point remains though if you over hype and think you are better than you really are and subsequently 'fail' then in reality you haven't underachieved.

England has two World Class players, Kane and Bellingham. The rest range from a bit suspect, average to good. 

58 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

We have had some decent squads down the years,  1982 and 1990 come to mind. Not saying I think England were/are world beaters but the 1982 squad in particular was half decent.............

6 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

I also feel that English mentality plays a part. We're more of an underdog spirit nation and overwhelming pressure put on the players for tournaments is just insane.

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

I also feel that English mentality plays a part. We're more of an underdog spirit nation and overwhelming pressure put on the players for tournaments is just insane.

Agreed, and that expectation has no foundation whatsoever. The Euros will be next when the reality is it will be who can stop France and Mbappe, but the expectation is we should beat them easily even though we don't have a settled CB pairing and play a different back 4 every game.

4 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

The media hype has always been insane. I pretty much lost interest during the 'golden generation'  ****. I'll pay vague attention during a tournament but I only know there's international games as its annoyed me that notwich don't have a game this weekend. 

Hope the Norwich Scottish players stay injury free and play OK to give them a bit of confidence. 

I’m not a fan of 5live Phone in we are better than u type banter. If it was decided by trophies, I’d be a Town fan. Thankfully Trophies are not the be all and end all of football, actually far from it. We have had many  Scot’s play and support us, Ian Gibson comes to mind as a fan. 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2023 at 19:46, KeiranShikari said:

Wee Billy g, what a little c.

Playing the top league in the world got to be better than playing for the **** club we have become 

Good luck to him 

• Thanks 1