shefcanary

Return of Balls

The music biographer and ex-journo and ex-season ticket holder Richard Balls is joining Butler and Reeves on next Monday's Scrimmage on Snorefolk. This should interest @TIL 1010 in particular. No I'm not a PR for the Beeb, just highlighting what might be an interesting night where we might hear a more incendiary view on life at the Carra. Get your pitchforks out! Vinnie and a few others will be taking notes.

36 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The music biographer and ex-journo and ex-season ticket holder Richard Balls is joining Butler and Reeves on next Monday's Scrimmage on Snorefolk. This should interest @TIL 1010 in particular. No I'm not a PR for the Beeb, just highlighting what might be an interesting night where we might hear a more incendiary view on life at the Carra. Get your pitchforks out! Vinnie and a few others will be taking notes.

Thought you calls for the return of the Chairman had been heeded. Still a belated bonfire night could be fun.

40 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Phew, thought you meant Ed for a minute....

That would be a good thing, he was excellent in his time as chairman here.

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, king canary said:

That would be a good thing, he was excellent in his time as chairman here.

Yes, would be great if he was back on board and acting as a mechanism of overseeing the SD role and below.

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

It's a good thing to check on your balls.

In the shower with soapy hands is believed to do the job.

It’s even better to get someone else to do it.

(Autocorrect initially had that as simone else but I don’t know her, so it felt a bit presumptuous)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s even better to get someone else to do it.

Indeed. Who wants politicians. A Roger Munby style character would be best.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You want Roger Munby to...check your balls?

You do you, as the kids say

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Is his middle name And?

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Why do we give these people a platform? I mean he’s an awful fan who I’ve witnessed booing and taking the mick out of our own players on several occasions and his columns were utter dross. Very odd. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Whoosh!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big O said:

Why do we give these people a platform? I mean he’s an awful fan who I’ve witnessed booing and taking the mick out of our own players on several occasions and his columns were utter dross. Very odd. 

My thoughts exactly. A self publicist who I hoped we had heard the last from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big O said:

Is he the one who has stopped supporting the club as some form of "protest?" (Presumably because we didn't take on enough debt?)

Good on Richard Balls for speaking out about the state of things and not brown nosing the club just to keep in the media mix. It’s not hard to see that the ones who criticise him the most on here are the ones regularly shouting down any club dissenters. If they were a journo we know firmly that they’d have brown all over their noses. 

• Haha 2

Quite happy to hear someone who feels there needs to be change but he's really not my cup of tea and never has been. Will give it a listen though to see how it comes across.

59 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Good on Richard Balls for speaking out about the state of things and not brown nosing the club just to keep in the media mix. It’s not hard to see that the ones who criticise him the most on here are the ones regularly shouting down any club dissenters. If they were a journo we know firmly that they’d have brown all over their noses. 

I’m not certain I’ve ever shouted down club dissenters on here (or atleast not consistently) but you’re free to check. I have just personally watched him boo and laugh at our players which made me question the level of his support and there is quite clearly a heavy level of narcissistic behaviour there, I mean would a usual person feel the need to publish themselves giving up a season ticket on social media? Nope we would give it up, maybe mention it to our mates in the pub and crack on. So that’s the basis of me not giving him much credence but I do agree that he is entitled to air his opinion. Mr brown nose. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Balls is just a professional misery, who loves the attention.

He spent much of the late 1990s moaning about the state of the club, being silenced by the success of 2002 onwards.

After a few years he was back, casting gloom around him, comparing City unfavourably to Wigan. 

And then, his oh-so-public Season Ticket surrender, conducted via social media.

• Like 1

We didn't have all this angry brown nose nonsense in the past from the  D ick Balls fan club. This could be a fun international break after all :classic_ninja:

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We didn't have all this angry brown nose nonsense in the past from the  D ick Balls fan club. This could be a fun international break after all :classic_ninja:

You tell em Nutty, you’d never brown nose. 

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

Or the w*nkers who criticise the club at every single opportunity 

6 hours ago, Big O said:

Came here to say the same. He's a professional misery. I have seen him go about twitter slagging off our own fans and just making up rubbish. Considering he was considered a professional journalist and has been around a long time he really offers very little insight at all. 

3 hours ago, Big O said:

I’m not certain I’ve ever shouted down club dissenters on here (or atleast not consistently) but you’re free to check. I have just personally watched him boo and laugh at our players which made me question the level of his support and there is quite clearly a heavy level of narcissistic behaviour there, I mean would a usual person feel the need to publish themselves giving up a season ticket on social media? Nope we would give it up, maybe mention it to our mates in the pub and crack on. So that’s the basis of me not giving him much credence but I do agree that he is entitled to air his opinion. Mr brown nose. 😂

This.

You see these kind of responses in different places in life now. Not really sure how one "shouts down" anyone on a forum really? Perhaps you have to use BLOCK CAPITALS TO REALLY EMPHASISE YOU ARE SCREAMING AT YOUR MONITOR? 

People are just as allowed to challenge opinion as they are to express it. That is how a good, balanced, free and fair society works (human rights included).

As I have said before, where people struggle the most is when they throw an opinion down and someone may agree with the desired outcome but not the method of reaching it. Often those people get thrown out with the bathwater and accused of being on the "other side" for not 100% agreeing with them.

I often get accused of being pro S&W-J because I will point out flaws in opinions that are overly critical, and yet I have very briefly been on Anglia News stating that I believed the time was right for change in the boardroom. Just the same as you will see me challenge people saying "Delia Out" when there is also Wyn-Jones (who arguably has more wider applicable business acumen than Delia).

I have expressed that I suspect the route is that Delia is fare more well known and also because women involved in football, especially the men's game, have often come under vastly more criticism than their male counterparts. We have seen that on this board about Z. Webber for example. I believe it is something that Karen Brady has reflected on as well as the women officials. But there you go.

The main point I try to make is be more coherent, if you want more people to get behind your gist then getting personal about things and suggesting extreme methods whilst berating anyone that doesn't 100% agree will get you absolutely no where but dangling a sorry looking bed sheet with badly written letters on it instead of a banner flown over the ground and a lot of people out of pocket.

• Like 1