Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

San Paul F1 Webber

Is this the “South American scouting” we were told was ongoing? The two scouts out there are having a right old jolly. When was the last signing from there? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Is this the “South American scouting” we were told was ongoing? The two scouts out there are having a right old jolly. When was the last signing from there? 

I expect he was there scouting and took the GP in as part of the trip.

I want him out like most others but not sure there's anything to see here really. 

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I want him out like most others but not sure there's anything to see here really. 

I don't know if I was supposed to be working and someone saw me sunbathing on the beach..

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know if I was supposed to be working and someone saw me sunbathing on the beach..

Webber in canary yellow speedos perhaps?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know anyone who goes on work trips and spends their whole time working, what a sad life that would be.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm no fan of Webber, completely the opposite, but I am sure if you were on a business trip, and had the opportunity to take in an event that particularly interested you, you would consider it grossly  unfair if you were told that you could not go because you had to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I like Webber, but come on, this is not what he should be doing whilst still at work. He’s acting like he’s gone, he needs to go.

back to my point though, the scouting in South America is starting to seem pointless. One u21 loan in the last 16 months seems a bit pointless

32 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We signed Reyes and Lima this summer.

Very appropriate if he was in the pits. As it’s where he’s left this club 

• Haha 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Lima still feels like an odd loan. Anyone keeping an eye on how he has been doing ?

Just now, Soldier on said:

Lima still feels like an odd loan. Anyone keeping an eye on how he has been doing ?

He's been playing regularly for the U23s, although I'm not sure how well he's been playing. He's a DM, so it makes sense for us to take a look at him and see if he's worth taking on permanently.

Webber has stated his next job will not be in football. I can see him getting work in F1, I wasn't being entirely sarcastic when I said he was after Toto Wolf's job in another thread. 

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Lima is the u21 loan I was referring to. I forgot about Reyes, so one U21 loan and one U21 freebie

4 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Lima is the u21 loan I was referring to. I forgot about Reyes, so one U21 loan and one U21 freebie

Post-Brexit, I think the South American strategy is sound. It's already given us Sara, who will clearly be able to he sold for a large profit. Nuñez is talented and didn't cost us much, could still be quality for us under a new manager/system.

Edited by Feedthewolf

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Post-Brexit, I think the South American strategy is sound. It's already given us Sara, who will clearly be able to he sold for a large profit. Nuñez is talented and didn't cost us much, could still be quality for us under a new manager/system.

Sara is a brilliant bit of business. Nunez is a frustrating player to watch. Also, how much time do we give him to start producing? For where he plays, he isn’t creating or scoring much. 

I'll be honest I'd rather he was at a Grand Prix than scouting.

I've got no desire to have him putting wheels in motion for signings in Jan that the new SD might not want.

• Like 1

The fact that our outgoing SD is going on these trips is insane. He’s potentially making decisions for our future recruitment knowing he won’t be here in probably one month’s time.

not great optics given that he’s been at Man United and the Brazilian GP in the last few days yet hasn’t been at Carrow Road. 

The naivety of the Stowmarket two really is something to behold. They’ve been milked and I think they know it deep down.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Behave, he is allowed to work and attend the GP.  As you would be allowed on the beach if you did all your work.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don't get me this excited on a Tuesday morning....

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

and for the green a courgette wedged down the front?.....(hopefully he doesn't shove it down the back that'd clear the beach)....

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's been playing regularly for the U23s, although I'm not sure how well he's been playing. He's a DM, so it makes sense for us to take a look at him and see if he's worth taking on permanently.

Great, we can play him at CB on Saturday instead of Batth then 😅

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Webber has stated his next job will not be in football. I can see him getting work in F1, I wasn't being entirely sarcastic when I said he was after Toto Wolf's job in another thread. 

Have you an actual quote from him on this, I haven’t seen anything