Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Gibson out until Christmas

Absolutely but we will still have that disaster waiting to happen, Duffy, next to him. Warner has to be in the squad !!

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

According to Wagner today, Gibson is going to be out until Christmas.

Time for Batth to get a go finally!

Depends if Batth can play left side CB.......or maybe Duffy can switch to the left.....

Also mentions Sorenson still a way off, his surgery didn't go well and may need more.

Gunn and Barnes likely back after international break.

Everyone else as was.

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

According to Wagner today, Gibson is going to be out until Christmas.

Time for Batth to get a go finally!

Nice coincidence! Batth, not sure I’d much prefer Warner as he looked bloody good against Fulham.

Could be a convenient solution for The Manager. Though, I would have liked DW to have dropped a Centre Back this past month to resolve the defensive errors & losing streak.

I contend that the problem isn't the centre backs. But the way we play, which constantly leaves the defence exposed and under pressure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm expecting Batth will plug the gap left by Gibson's injury. But it would be nice to tap into our academy and let Warner have a go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm expecting Batth will plug the gap left by Gibson's injury. But it would be nice to tap into our academy and let Warner have a go...

i thought Warner played well at Fulham but not seen him since so bit strange ,

Maybe he felt the same and told the manager ,

But a Forced Change might be good  ? time for another player to come in and stake a claim

Hanley can play on the left so hopefully just a couple of weeks where we're nervously looking at injuries.

Personally I would give Warner a try. If Fisher is deemed good enough for right back then I can't see why Warner can't play. Perhaps bring back Stacey rather than risk 2 youngsters in the back 4.

As mentioned it seems every season Gibson picks up an injury. I'd be looking to move him and Sorensen on in the summer.

33 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I contend that the problem isn't the centre backs. But the way we play, which constantly leaves the defence exposed and under pressure.

You could be right but the defence hasn’t covered itself in glory either what with the sheer amount of individual errors

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The trick with these Batth puns is not to faucet

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Danny Batth hearing this news and running up to Wagner like

Wouldn't leave the batth running too long.

• Haha 1

Well, our build up play is going to struggle - in reality we're going to have to change the way we play out from the back now, which might not be a disastrous move because even when it worked brilliantly in the first half vs Leeds it still received moans and groans.

If Batth was a left sided CB we would have seen him earlier.  Duffy appears to be selected by Wagner despite how poorly he plays or og's he concedes.  Must be something contractual or has something on Wagner played every game available.  How motivated will Batth be, could lead to him trying his best to get rid of Wagner, it won't take much.

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, our build up play is going to struggle - in reality we're going to have to change the way we play out from the back now, which might not be a disastrous move because even when it worked brilliantly in the first half vs Leeds it still received moans and groans.

Kind of ironic that many teams would see a change at the back and thus knowing a change to the way we/they play would be incoming would panic about this but..

Our defence can't exactly get any worse than it already is right? Prehaps a change at the back and the way we play might be good for us?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kind of ironic that many teams would see a change at the back and thus knowing a change to the way we/they play would be incoming would panic about this but..

Our defence can't exactly get any worse than it already is right? Prehaps a change at the back and the way we play might be good for us?

Yeah, it may force us into keeping it simple and it may be enough to get some results at home which would be a starting point at least!

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Yes we have problems front to back which need addressing. If the midfield was more competent their would be less stress on the back four.

You would kind of hope that in training they would actually practice 'p1ssing around at the back' so Batth and Warner are up to speed. Although maybe they aren't?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yes we have problems front to back which need addressing. If the midfield was more competent their would be less stress on the back four.

At the Leeds game I didn't notice that we had a midfield. As soon as an attack broke down they were on the edge of our box.

Can someone explain to me the way we are being set-up. I keep seeing that we play with our fullbacks high up the field, a bit like wing-backs, but we are also playing two wingers, so surely that means that we've got two wingers on each wing, with fewer people in the box to get on the end of any crosses from the wings. Doesn't  that also leave our backline exposed - I'm not aware of the wingers dropping back to cover for the fullbacks, or certainly not enough.

It seems to me that we are desperate for  a Tettey type player, and the Mayor is not that player.

Great so that the first choice strike partnership injured and the first choice centre back partnership injured.

Whatever else is going on at Norwich we haven’t caught a break for the last two and a bit seasons.

36 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

At the Leeds game I didn't notice that we had a midfield. As soon as an attack broke down they were on the edge of our box.

Can someone explain to me the way we are being set-up. I keep seeing that we play with our fullbacks high up the field, a bit like wing-backs, but we are also playing two wingers, so surely that means that we've got two wingers on each wing, with fewer people in the box to get on the end of any crosses from the wings. Doesn't  that also leave our backline exposed - I'm not aware of the wingers dropping back to cover for the fullbacks, or certainly not enough.

It seems to me that we are desperate for  a Tettey type player, and the Mayor is not that player.

The idea, I think, is that the central midfielders drop in there but they're either shi... they're either not very good, or don't really know what they're doing, or haven't been told, or they're not fit enough, or some idiot who doesn't realise that they're not suitable players for that system has put them there.

Hopefully a blessing in disguise, but a shame its an injury that finally forces Wagner to change his CB pairing.

In his presser Wagner admitted Warner played really well against Fulham and "had been in his thoughts for the squad since". And yet he hasn't even put Warner into the squad.

Batth gets his chance, and maybe if Duffy has another mare it's only a game to go before we might see Warner/Batth

• Like 1