KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread- SunderlandvNorwich****

Well...pre match I said Forshaw could be the answer to helping our defence.  Clearly not in this system, I'm not sure a prime Fernandinho would help much as it is.  

Wagner must go, simply no other option.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

We're going to get relegated if nothing changes, it's as simple as that. 

But who would want to come here?

Get the tea lady in as manager. If anything it might be funny.. God knows we at least need a laugh and she can't do any worse than Wagner!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Plenty. We are siht and 6 points off the play offs. The potential at any club means there would be a queue. Look at Luton.

20 minutes ago, pete said:

I think he should stay

12 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

And do what?

Bogs?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Really? The amount of goals says you are wrong.

That’s clearly my point. We wouldn’t concede that amount if Sargent and Barnes were playing and effectively carrying out a high press which prevents the opposition building up play… Wagners refusal to change tactics, and attempt to play a high risk strategy without the right type of player to carry it out.. is putting the defence under far too much pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

They'll be plenty that'll come - someone doing well in lower leagues perhaps, a wilshere/McKenna type who wants to try and prove themselves as a head coach etc.. someone out of work....

whether we go get them is the question because I'm sure it'll just be given to Pelach 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Said it before, saying it again, he should have gone the evening after the Plymouth debacle. It was the proof that his summer of rebuilding with experience had done absolutely nothing and we were still the same spineless bunch of idiots masquerading as a football team that we were from February to May. Every day he remains our manager is a day thrown away.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

I know we’re critical of Wagner but who the hell actually signed all these old rejects from other clubs? Surely Webber should be the focus of the anger? The players are worse than we had last year and they don’t give a **** as they’re in their last years of playing, there’s no love or motivation for the club and it tells!

Wagner had plenty of input too, they are very much in it together. I think it was in a way Webber's gift to Wagner seeing as he had decided to leave so soon after appointing him.

9 minutes ago, splutcho said:

Said it before, saying it again, he should have gone the evening after the Plymouth debacle. It was the proof that his summer of rebuilding with experience had done absolutely nothing and we were still the same spineless bunch of idiots masquerading as a football team that we were from February to May. Every day he remains our manager is a day thrown away.

Wrong - he should have gone at end of last season when he was shown to be totally out of his depth. Instead we kept him, sold our talent and rammed the team with journeymen on a last pay check. Genius 

• Like 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Wrong - he should have gone at end of last season when he was shown to be totally out of his depth. Instead we kept him, sold our talent and rammed the team with journeymen on a last pay check. Genius 

Fair. I did want him gone then too actually.

• Like 1

This season is bad enough as it is, but looking at the table, the binners can't stop winning and have accumulated double our current points total. Win their game in hand and they'll be 12 points clear of 3rd place. I can't see them not going up as much as it pains me to say.

He should never have beeh given the job,  If done might have given a proper coach some time to develop a proper plan.  Now because were such a joke and the team so poor we could not find a half decent replacement.  Not with the finances we can afford to improve the team.  The rebuild was an embarrassment, we need to shop in L1 and 2 where there are some useful players.  Not a market Webber will use, but is one we will have to use, Lambert did use it when last in L1 with some success.

24 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

whether we go get them is the question because I'm sure it'll just be given to Pelach 

I think it should be in the interim if he wants it.

Big deal was made of bringing him in despite his ambition to be a manager.

Give him the chance to see what he can make of this mess.

I did give him the benefit of doubt but not anymore.
This group of players should not be losing week in week out in this division. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wagner really just said it was an ok away performance, we just conceded from individual errors. 🤷🤷 I give up. 

I mean before todays match he said 7 matches without a win is normal.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Wagner on Radio Norfolk just now.

He said it was an ok away performance. Defeat was due to individual mistakes in defence and players not taking chances up front.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

This season is bad enough as it is, but looking at the table, the binners can't stop winning and have accumulated double our current points total. Win their game in hand and they'll be 12 points clear of 3rd place. I can't see them not going up as much as it pains me to say.

Unless McKenna gets poached which is always a possibility. He is in the news pretty much every day now. 

If rotherham beat sheff weds tmow..6 pts off relegation

Who in this club has the stomach for a relegation fight?

Wagner ?   NO

Captain Marvel McLean ? NO

How many of this team are up for a fight?

Right now we need someone who can stave off the bottom 3, right now I'd take Warnock, who with the returning Barnes and Hanley may at least provide a platform and some standards

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

As none of our striker options are that great, I think it would be fun to try Sara out as a false 9.

No no no, he's a defensive midfielder according to Wagner and given McLean had a go Sara will probably start at centreback in out next match

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think it should be in the interim if he wants it.

Big deal was made of bringing him in despite his ambition to be a manager.

Give him the chance to see what he can make of this mess.

As caretaker yes, but I do fear he may be part of the problem.

Knapper should make his own mind up and I would be surprised if the thought isn't firmly in his mind that very soon he has to make a decision on Head Coach and may already have a name in mind.

If we can get an equivalent of a McKenna from Arsenal then we won't do too bad.