Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy_Fitch

Would you take Lambert?

I honesty can't see Wagner lasting much longer, this form in any league is embarrassing. I can settle with finishing mid table, that doesn't bother me too much. It's the manner in which we are throwing games away or being thrashed by Plymouth that really makes me angry.

I constantly hear excuses regarding the ability of our squad. I don't buy that either. We have ex prem players in our starting eleven. We have regular internationals and a midfielder many are saying is the best in the league.

When we got promoted from League 1 to the Championship the only 2 players I can remember signing is Ruddy and Martin. Ruddy was 3rd fiddle at Everton and Martin was at Peterborough. We then got promoted to the prem and I don't recall us spending millions on South American wonder kids. I think we did sign BJ, Howson and Elliott Bennett.

Lambert kept us up!!! Something SW has failed to achieve twice. That season we beat the teams in and around us and drew away at Liverpool and Arsenal. It was night and day compared to the Farke prem seasons. 

Paul Lambert was very good at taking a very average group of players and making them massively over achieve and with very little money. Not to mention a terrible training ground at the time.

I would be happy to forgive him for joining that lot down the road if it meant we had a manager in charge who can motivate players, and strive to be more than just a mid table Championship team.

I can't believe how backwards we have gone in 10 years.

Would you take Lambert?

9 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

Would you take Lambert?

He jumped ship, was outperformed by Hughton and has been on a rapid decline ever since.   His best days are a decade behind him

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Anyone up for the return of Deano and Shakey?

Jesus Nutty no need to make us all feel worse! Please don’t mention laurel & hardy again, or that’s another fine mess they will take us too!

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

Just now, Indy said:

Jesus Nutty no need to make us all feel worse! Please don’t mention laurel & hardy again, or that’s another fine mess they will take us too!

Just trying to help. :classic_smile:

We will get there once "anyone would be better than Wagner comes into play...

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

I honesty can't see Wagner lasting much longer, this form in any league is embarrassing. I can settle with finishing mid table, that doesn't bother me too much. It's the manner in which we are throwing games away or being thrashed by Plymouth that really makes me angry.

I constantly hear excuses regarding the ability of our squad. I don't buy that either. We have ex prem players in our starting eleven. We have regular internationals and a midfielder many are saying is the best in the league.

When we got promoted from League 1 to the Championship the only 2 players I can remember signing is Ruddy and Martin. Ruddy was 3rd fiddle at Everton and Martin was at Peterborough. We then got promoted to the prem and I don't recall us spending millions on South American wonder kids. I think we did sign BJ, Howson and Elliott Bennett.

Lambert kept us up!!! Something SW has failed to achieve twice. That season we beat the teams in and around us and drew away at Liverpool and Arsenal. It was night and day compared to the Farke prem seasons. 

Paul Lambert was very good at taking a very average group of players and making them massively over achieve and with very little money. Not to mention a terrible training ground at the time.

I would be happy to forgive him for joining that lot down the road if it meant we had a manager in charge who can motivate players, and strive to be more than just a mid table Championship team.

I can't believe how backwards we have gone in 10 years.

Would you take Lambert?

No what I want is a clear leader installed in the boardroom & Knapper in this week! No need for Webbers to carry on we are in a massive mess thanks to their running of this club and Delia & MWJ should rightly be criticised for allowing two people putting us into this position of big debt, no money and crap aging players!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Just trying to help. :classic_smile:

We will get there once "anyone would be better than Wagner comes into play...

Possibly, I don’t think Wagner is the issue, it’s the very poor squad we have, said so in August and until Wagner realises that and installs a system to shore up this squad we are destined for a few months of this on here! We can only hope that Sargent gets back to fitness, Sainz is a potential goal getter when fit, Warner is given a fair go at CB and Hwang is sent back with a full refund on any fee for faulty goods of being sold to us as a striker!

That last day of transfers showed how much Webber has lost the plot by selling both assets as he said he was going to to raise 30 odd million transfer fees only to bring in free old farts who were so far past their best it’s criminal to bring them to our club! Hwang & Batth! What the hell have we become?

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Possibly, I don’t think Wagner is the issue, it’s the very poor squad we have, said so in August and until Wagner realises that and installs a system to shore up this squad we are destined for a few months of this on here! We can only hope that Sargent gets back to fitness, Sainz is a potential goal getter when fit, Warner is given a fair go at CB and Hwang is sent back with a full refund on any fee for being sold to us as a striker!

That last day of transfers showed how much Webber has lost the plot by selling both assets as he said he was going to to raise 30 odd million transfer fees only to bring in free old farts who were so far past their best it’s criminal to bring them to our club! Hwang & Batth! What the hell have we become?

I wasn't expecting a good season so this doesn't really disappoint me. I've mostly enjoyed the games so far this season. Certainly more than last season. Saturday was a good game and we played well. Scored a magnificent goal but we threw it away in the end which was disappointing.

Expectations of better are ridiculous in my view. It seems boardroom personalities and other people's money set the match day agenda. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ness Point Runner said:

I think Lambert should be welcomed. He did so well at Carrow Road why should he not again ?

He did a better job at the portaloo.

No.
I really doubt Lambert could replicate what he did at Norwich.
I'm sure he could replicate what he did at Ipswich though.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I wasn't expecting a good season so this doesn't really disappoint me. I've mostly enjoyed the games so far this season. Certainly more than last season. Saturday was a good game and we played well. Scored a magnificent goal but we threw it away in the end which was disappointing.

Expectations of better are ridiculous in my view. It seems boardroom personalities and other people's money set the match day agenda. 

It’s not ridiculous to expect better than Wagner is offering up. He’s tactically inept. Should we be winning the league? No. But we should be higher up the table - and would likely be even lower if it wasn’t for a fairly kind start / others not finding their rhythm early. 

17 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s not ridiculous to expect better than Wagner is offering up. He’s tactically inept. Should we be winning the league? No. But we should be higher up the table - and would likely be even lower if it wasn’t for a fairly kind start / others not finding their rhythm early. 

Think we need another head coach to look after the defence.
We're scoring enough... or thereabouts.

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

No what's ridiculous is that each time it's 'we've got our Norwich back' for a couple of months followed by the realisation we haven't. I was with my daughter tonight and we thought maybe Farke was Worthy, Smith was Grant and Wagner is Roeder (perhaps not that bad but I'm sure you understand the pattern). Is it Gunn next? Or Lambert. Could go either way I guess. 

• Like 1

Lambert is another yesterday's man. A bit like Wagner. We need a hungry, up and coming manager who wants to play in the modern styles that are being espoused by some teams throughout the EFL, and are reaping the rewards

14 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

He’s past history and only an idiot would appoint him. Probaly means he’d make the short list.

We have idiots like Delia, Wynn Jones and Webber and Wagner running our club! Speaks for itself!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

No what's ridiculous is that each time it's 'we've got our Norwich back' for a couple of months followed by the realisation we haven't. I was with my daughter tonight and we thought maybe Farke was Worthy, Smith was Grant and Wagner is Roeder (perhaps not that bad but I'm sure you understand the pattern). Is it Gunn next? Or Lambert. Could go either way I guess. 

It’s why Webber can’t be allowed to pick the next manager. Especially as he has even less care invested in the place than when he picked Wagner. When quite clearly he already didn’t give a hoot and took the lazy way out 

i would rather have Rickie Lambert upfront ! 

Paul Lambert times were wonderful better than farke if you ask me ( Not style of football wise )

how he took us from a team that just had a league 1  7-1 beating (by his club ) and took us to the PL ,

Fairytale stuff that ,

But has done nothing since not the same manager he was when here so a NO